• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brainshock α (Alpha)

What should our Side Tournament be?

• Mario Party 2 or 4

Votes: 20 29.0%
  • Super Smash Brothers Melee

Votes: 34 49.3%
  • Brawl Minus

Votes: 15 21.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Take your complaints here. But since it has been canceled this Wednesday, you'll have to wait until next Wednesday.
I and the rest of the Ganon boards have complained, it didn't do any good. No one follows the BBR rule anyway, that should be enough evidence that their rule is stupid.

Whatever though, I'm not trying to start anything here, I'm just curious as to what this tournament's rule is, because its a bit unclear lol.

Scythe

Smash Master
I think BBR's rule is fair cause if otherwise then Ganon would be a bit too broken imo

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
So if Ganon ganoncides to end the match, but the game says he loses instead of going to sudden death, does Ganon still win the game? Or does he lose because the game didn't arbitrarily decide to go to sudden death?.
Bolded is what I believe to be true. I hope I answered it for you.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
This. Pick a better character and don't expect your bad character to get buffed by rules set outside of the games limits. Infinites should be legal.

JBM I wanna Melee MM if you come.
This. My character is unnecessarily nerfed because of stupid rules, so don't expect special buffs because the game treats your character like crap. :colorful:

Also, put me down as Zwarm in the OP, I think you have me as Zombie right now, not a huge deal, but yeah.

Euclid

Smash Journeyman
will melee happen for sure or is there a chance that it gets shit gamed? just wondering because ill probably be here but i wanna win my money back for the expenses down there.

napZzz

Smash Hero
being decided by the winner screen is ********

its like if someone catches you offstage as ganon and dairs you at a dumb percent and you die its fair, but he grabs you with his side b that basically does the same thing and he can lose because of it?

its an attack that kills the other person lol, instead of being like LOL PLAY A BETTER CHARACTER maybe you should realize the rule is stupid in the first place and think it over

Soran

Smash Ace
I once was vsing a Ganon (my friend) and he ganoncided... he died first o.o...
it was a big wtf moment.

and I'm sorry you hate me Schizm and other dude.

MM... ;_;
I'm 'a lose, mgj. I have hardly any good TL experience. My friend plays too fairly. he doesn't like to spam. That is why I sucked against Zephyros' Falco. His Falco and my friend's Falco are too different. My friend plays unconventionally. That is why he gets a lot of lucky kills. He 'good though, he good.

It's hard to train for this when your friends don't play brawl as competitively as you do.
weefee buddies ftw?
yeah, weefee training is what I must resort to.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I once was vsing a Ganon (my friend) and he ganoncided... he died first o.o...
it was a big wtf moment.

and I'm sorry you hate me Schizm and other dude.

MM... ;_;
I'm 'a lose, mgj. I have hardly any good TL experience. My friend plays too fairly. he doesn't like to spam. That is why I sucked against Zephyros' Falco. His Falco and my friend's Falco are too different. My friend plays unconventionally. That is why he gets a lot of lucky kills. He 'good though, he good.

It's hard to train for this when your friends don't play brawl as competitively as you do.
weefee buddies ftw?
yeah, weefee training is what I must resort to.
Have fun with lag and wi-fi tactics.

napZzz

Smash Hero
when I play soran i'll remember to note he's a wifi player and wait for every spot dodge/roll before he attacks when I close in on him

Radium88

Smash Lord
Kuares! You are for sure housing us? If so, thank you! We may just need housing for Friday night and just leave after the tournament. So we don't have to keep adding almost 2 hours per night. Also, what do you like to eat? Cookies? Brownies? etc?

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
Can I get an honest prediction as to how many people will make it? I know **** well we won't pull 70 and I doubt even 60.

I'm driving here regardless, I just want to know what to expect. Please, don't sugarcoat your answer.

Edit: Domo shouldn't be attending so MN should have a straight shot to Grand Finals.

napZzz

Smash Hero
KANSASOTA TERRORISTS

mn is a little shaky on coming, but we'll probably know for sure by tomorrow

Asdioh

Not Asidoh

we are good to go

composer, sasukebowser, and myself

so hyped
well it looks like THESE plans are canceled, apparently California is too far out of the way.

Still figuring out my carpool stuff, last minute ftw!

Anyone around central-ish Indiana need a ride?

gantrain05

Smash Master
Can I get an honest prediction as to how many people will make it? I know **** well we won't pull 70 and I doubt even 60.

I'm driving here regardless, I just want to know what to expect. Please, don't sugarcoat your answer.

Edit: Domo shouldn't be attending so MN should have a straight shot to Grand Finals.
well from what i can tell we are SUPPOSED to be getting

IA
KS
MO
IL
NE
MN
other?

so i'd expect a pretty decent turnout, i can't really give a number, but thats 6 states. So i'd expect quite a few.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
well from what i can tell we are SUPPOSED to be getting

IA
KS
MO
IL
NE
MN
other?

so i'd expect a pretty decent turnout, i can't really give a number, but thats 6 states. So i'd expect quite a few.
Gonna add:

WI
IN
KY (I think a few)
OH (if the couple of them are still going but idk)

I mean it's a pretty decent turnout still.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I was pretty sure yoshq was coming, and I thought he was coming with one other guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom