• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - Smash Wars 2008 Bracket Discussion Thread

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I'm still waiting for Gojira.
Hahaha. Gojira's a Utah smasher that I play with every once in a while. I IM'd him, wondering why he hasn't fought you yet, and he got the timezones mixed up.

He should contact you shortly.

RedrappeR

Smash Journeyman
Uh... so Cdbobo's PM box is full... and I kind of can't get a hold of him. Does that mean I advance?

RedrappeR

Smash Journeyman
Read this. IMPORTANT.

Okay, so I'm just going to lay this out promptly for you guys, because i lost 3-0 in that match... and while my opponent was fairly skilled, I'm not a complete piece of **** okay? It should have been much closer than it was.

I'm not bashing Kik. He deserves to move onto the next round, but this NEEDS to be said if any of these tournaments wish to continue.

There's about a HALF SECOND DELAY for this ****. Yeah, I know, no JOHNS right? Well... Here's the funny part.

I'll quote this from the AIM convo...
ThDaMan (12:51:04 PM): yea im hear
ThDaMan (12:51:08 PM): comp is far from tv
IIRedRapperII (12:51:11 PM): dude
IIRedRapperII (12:51:15 PM): this lag is ********
IIRedRapperII (12:51:24 PM): not giving you any johns or anything
IIRedRapperII (12:51:25 PM): just saying
IIRedRapperII (12:51:32 PM): that last match
ThDaMan (12:51:32 PM): really
IIRedRapperII (12:51:37 PM): it was literally a second afterwards
ThDaMan (12:51:38 PM): on my tv its like near perfect
IIRedRapperII (12:51:45 PM): are you serious?
ThDaMan (12:51:48 PM): im serious
IIRedRapperII (12:51:59 PM): I'm getting a second delay
IIRedRapperII (12:52:01 PM): not ****ting you
IIRedRapperII (12:52:06 PM): you want me to take a vid real quick?
ThDaMan (12:52:13 PM): k

and So I did, and it's uploading to youtube now.

Do you see the problem? There's a difference between there being lag for BOTH players and lagging for ONE GUY while the other person can pretty much just pick him off as he does. It's unfair. And it's ********. We're both skilled players, and it's embarrassing having a 3-0 loss record in the round, knowing that you could have at least tied it up at one point if the stupid lag didn't interfere so **** much. It's terrible, because you're playing and you're going "DO THIS" and then your character takes an extra second to do it, and you look like an idiot because your timing is way off.

EXAMPLE: There's lag on Ike's upsmash. Well he misses one. And so I go-- "DASH IN AND GRAB!"

Sonic waits a second. Then after a second, dashes in... this is a bit of a problem, because now Ike is in the set position to attack, and OH LOOK! YOUR OPPONENTS CONSOLE DOESN'T LAG! SO HE SAW IT COMING FROM A MILE AWAY, AND CAN RESPOND ALMOST IMMEDIATELY! THAT'S GREAT GUYS!

Regardless of whether or not you think I'm making excuses, doesn't matter. This needs to be addressed. I'm no trying to get this replayed or whatever, I'll take my loss all sportsmanlike. But it shouldn't have been a 3-0. And even if it was going to be-- I'd rather have that, knowing I screwed up, and not the dumb lag.

And before you get done reading this wall of text, I'll give you my suggestion on how to stop it. You see that online forum we so willingly put into the brawl section? EVERY person should look that up, and follow the instructions for their DMZ. That way, this kind of crap doesn't come up. There HAS to be a reason why this **** is going on, and if it's my router, then I'll gladly fix it. But we need to figure this out, because this is hardly a worthy setup for competition.

Oh, and the videos up:
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=yrtfaFZidkA

Just to clarify, not saying it's impossible. But we have to work on this.

RedrappeR

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry. : /
You should also quote the other part, where I said I didn't care about losing-- and just for future reference we could correct this so it doesn't happen again.

I had plans today as is-- so this isn't that big a deal to me. What is a big deal is the fact that the lag isn't for both people, but just for one person-- so the other has a DISTINCT advantage over him.

methinkso

Smash Apprentice
You should also quote the other part, where I said I didn't care about losing-- and just for future reference we could correct this so it doesn't happen again.

I had plans today as is-- so this isn't that big a deal to me. What is a big deal is the fact that the lag isn't for both people, but just for one person-- so the other has a DISTINCT advantage over him.
The regional leads are developing some anti-lag intertubes for you right now. Just wait and your issue will be resolved. We can't let this completely unexpected travesty to continue.

orintemple

Smash Lord
Hellz Yea!

I just got beat by Overswarm in the quarterfinals(surprise...) but not nearly as badly as I thought. He was probably screwing around.

Anyway, good stuff everyone, can't wait to see who the winners are.

Eaode

Smash Champion
This tournament was a blast. My matches with Card were just awesome.

Hope these are held more often (but not all the time cuz my brother is really pissed that I have to overtake the TV and computer at the same time lol)

Revven

FrankerZ
I felt like I wasted an entire day to be completely honest. My first two matches (Round 1 and Round 2) were easy as hell and then Round 3 I didn't fight anybody (lulz, free pass) and Round 4 (Quarterfinals) I lost 3-1 to Lunchmeat (don't get me wrong, those were good matches). I had fun, just not in the first two rounds... at least I was a quarterfinalist...

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
okay mr game and watch lol. if it will make you feel better i would love to give you a match or two. we can play next weekend, i swear no luigis mansion too.

Top Bottom