• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Bowser's Inside Story - Q&A

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
I'm going to try this out and attempt to tech with a bunch of characters.

Edit: Yeah I don't know how the Marth or Shulk did it but you can only tech off the ground on the character's second landing, meaning not when Bowser slams you into the ground.

Last edited:

Mericus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mericus
I'm going to try this out and attempt to tech with a bunch of characters.

Edit: Yeah I don't know how the Marth or Shulk did it but you can only tech off the ground on the character's second landing, meaning not when Bowser slams you into the ground.
Well I'm not sure how to explain what I experienced as I've no SD Card to save it :/

I VERY clearly remember it happening though, as one in particular should have KO'd @ his % > a Tech Animation and the distaste I had after that session made me unplug my Wii U for 2 weeks to boot up Melee for his old Koopa Klaw :(

I hope I'm crazy and this isn't real / it was all a dream as my Bowser love is probably the only reason I play Smash and having that move become useless would really bum me out ><

EDIT : Thank you for testing it btw <3

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Next time this happens save the replay and upload the snippet of it somewhere even if you have to use a phone to do it. If we can see how it happens we may be able to recreate the scenario manually.

Mericus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mericus
Do you remember what stage it was on? If the ground was slanted or something they might have landed early or something.
FG Stages are all kinda similar :u
I don't remember vs Marth, but Shulk was the new FE Stage's Omega.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Was there lag? If so I might just go into training and slow down the clock speed and test some more.

Mericus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mericus
No, connection was just fine.
I'm going to get try and get myself an SD Card for future's sake :s

Mericus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mericus
....oh ._.;
that's my bad I guess. I'll definitely save it the next time it happens and then we'll try and figure this out ><

I'm sorry for the trouble I caused, I'll get things in order and be sure to upload anything else I find before posting about it.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Oh it's no trouble. If anything new occurs that buffs or nerfs the Bowser game plan it would be good to know about it. Knowledge is power after all.

B!squick

Smash Master
Hey, in Brawl, if you were knocked back through a platform, you could tech those. Or something like that. Teching as you leave the ground sounds possible. I think it's possible to tech DThrows.

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
Hey, in Brawl, if you were knocked back through a platform, you could tech those. Or something like that. Teching as you leave the ground sounds possible. I think it's possible to tech DThrows.
I dunno, I'm pretty sure the only reason teching when going through a platform from underneath works is because your kockback wears off as your bounding box is passing through, so you begin to enter the phase where you can drift and it detects solid ground, so you go into this sorta instant knockdown, It can happen with Bowser's Forward, back and Down throws at lower percents from the correct distances on Battlefield's lower platforms, but it can also work in other stages, it's a pretty useful tech chase set-up and it still works in Smash 4, though when I tested it, it was on a level 9 dummy. The level 9 tends to DI randomly, so that probably won't affect the set-up much, but if you're spaced wrong and they land on the far edge of the platform, then they could end up edge canceling the tech in place or missed tech animations. It's amazing how many things can be edge canceled in this game.

SpikeMaster

Smash Rookie
how do you jump out of a bowsercide?

As a bowser main i was worried bowsercide was going to get nerfed (and it kind of did). Now i hear you can jump out of it.
Is this true, and if so how can i do it

Last edited by a moderator:

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
how do you jump out of a bowsercide?

As a bowser main i was worried bowsercide was going to get nerfed (and it kind of did). Now i hear you can jump out of it.
Is this true, and if so how can i do it
Used to be able to jump out prior to the patch, but you can't do it anymore.

N0PE

Smash Cadet
NNID
m0t0_dr0id28
Does Side-B help decrease landing lag? I haven't tested this much but occasionally I will Side-B before hitting the ground and I could F-Tilt quickly out of it. Is this a thing or am I crazy?

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
Side B autocancels when you use it while landing, helpful for getting back to a neutral position after being in hitstun although you'll still get those few frames of landing lag

N0PE

Smash Cadet
NNID
m0t0_dr0id28
Side B autocancels when you use it while landing, helpful for getting back to a neutral position after being in hitstun although you'll still get those few frames of landing lag
Awesome, thought so. Thanks!

I agree it's super handy for getting back to the ground and return to a defensive position in neutral.
I'll keep using this tech then :)

Last edited:

N0PE

Smash Cadet
NNID
m0t0_dr0id28
How do I take on the MU with Rosaluma? Should I take the time to smack Luma off the stage or do I attempt to get past and pin down Rosalina?
I have decent trouble with this MU more than others but if I can get to Rosalina it's an easy KO.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
How do I take on the MU with Rosaluma? Should I take the time to smack Luma off the stage or do I attempt to get past and pin down Rosalina?
I have decent trouble with this MU more than others but if I can get to Rosalina it's an easy KO.
Please direct your MU questions to the MU thread.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Awesome, thought so. Thanks!

I agree it's super handy for getting back to the ground and return to a defensive position in neutral.
I'll keep using this tech then :)
Aerial Side B will cancel all your land lag and allows you to transition immediately into anything you want. If you prep your opponent to shield by Fairing them a lot you can Side B and if it misses you can transition right into Bowser Bomb and break their shield.

Mericus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mericus
So now due to Jab Locking via Crouch Cancelling , :4fox: can 0 > Death us ;-;
( I cried )

Has anyone figured out the Koopa Klaw " Tech on Stage hit " thing yet ?
Once again, I'm very sorry I didn't save the replay, the player did it so consistently that I figured it was already discovered + well known and I wasn't a member here yet ( oops :( ).

I can describe it a little better if that helps though ><
Basically it very much resembled getting outta Ganon's Flame Choke before hitting Groud , but maybe the player had DI'd at an angle that allowed his/her's characters to go lower to the Ground > instant Tech as soon as Koopa Klaw ended even @ 80+%.

I'm sorry I didn't save it ( really sorry :( ).
If possible, I can try to get a friend to spam it on me so I can tinker with it until I figure out why as it's drivin me nuts x.x

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
So far in my testing of Bowser nothing has been able to tech out of Klaw. If it is possible they have to be frame perfect.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
So now due to Jab Locking via Crouch Cancelling , :4fox: can 0 > Death us ;-;
( I cried )

Has anyone figured out the Koopa Klaw " Tech on Stage hit " thing yet ?
Once again, I'm very sorry I didn't save the replay, the player did it so consistently that I figured it was already discovered + well known and I wasn't a member here yet ( oops :( ).

I can describe it a little better if that helps though ><
Basically it very much resembled getting outta Ganon's Flame Choke before hitting Groud , but maybe the player had DI'd at an angle that allowed his/her's characters to go lower to the Ground > instant Tech as soon as Koopa Klaw ended even @ 80+%.

I'm sorry I didn't save it ( really sorry :( ).
If possible, I can try to get a friend to spam it on me so I can tinker with it until I figure out why as it's drivin me nuts x.x
What is this Fox infinite exactly?

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
I saw Larry Lurr/DEHF do it at APEX on stream. Fox can go Jab1-Jab2-Jab1-Jab2-Jab1-Jab2 and so on. It looks hilarious, and I jokingly shouted out "FOX IS TAKING UP MMA! LOOK AT THAT STRIKING GAME!"

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Oh, that? According to Chris, that doesn't work on Bowser because we're too big. Apparently we can shield in between that.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I can confirm this doesn't work on Bowser. Everyone relax!! Larry and I tested that specifically against Bowser about 2 months ago.

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
I can confirm this doesn't work on Bowser. Everyone relax!! Larry and I tested that specifically against Bowser about 2 months ago.
If you're talking about the fox 1-2, I have a friend who mains Fox and tried this on me a few times. I recall it not working out too well for him.

Mericus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mericus
I cried on the inside a bit when I had heard our Bowser had to deal with shenanigans once again ><

To clarify , it was basically this :

But Fox vs Bowser performing it = a 0 > Death
( according to what I was told )

Sorry if I caused a panic ,
tbh I was in a panic myself that my favorite character was about to get his 3rd game going to be purgatory for him again ;-;

Thank you for clearing it up Zigsta.

Last edited:

UltimaLuminaire

NNID
UltimaLuminaire
Just checked the latest patch thread. Link's Jab shenanigans were removed.

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone found use for Down B shield break? Like anyway to get your opponent to shield and not mash dodge rolls then catch off guard with Down B shield break?

Top Bottom