• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bowser's Castle

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
My skype is qckingkongqc
My twitter is kingkongqcqc
My youtube account is kingkong bowser

Ill post there anytime I need help
also, if anyone wants help, play or anything bowser related, Ill help, just ask me !

olloyollo

Smash Rookie
NNID
olloyollo
Hey man,

I saw you play at CCS saturday and i thought you were really ****ing cool

I'm also trying to main bowser and i was wondering if you would like to play over wifi

if you're down just let me know i'd really like to improve my bowser

MrEh

Smash Hero
You need to embrace your inner fraud. Hit someone with firebreath, mash DownB when they try to punish you.

Works every time. :B

Last edited:

K~G|Spacejam

Best data miner in Geelong. (Screw you KH)
Back from locals for the week. Apparently 5~ of the states PR players were there, so that was fun.

I managed to place 7th out of like 20~ people. Pretty disappointed I didn't crack top 5. Only broke 2 shields tonight, although killing a Fox at 20% is always super fun.

I'll try to scavenge a video or two so you can help me improve. I think a major issue at the moment is I don't know certain MU's like Robin or Fox.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Robin fights like a zoning *****. What I do is count his spells and beat his ass when he runs out.

His dsmash is kinda dumb though.

Boozer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DevilBoozer
3DS FC
4124-5214-3831
Back from locals for the week. Apparently 5~ of the states PR players were there, so that was fun.

I managed to place 7th out of like 20~ people. Pretty disappointed I didn't crack top 5. Only broke 2 shields tonight, although killing a Fox at 20% is always super fun.

I'll try to scavenge a video or two so you can help me improve. I think a major issue at the moment is I don't know certain MU's like Robin or Fox.
Speaking of this local i finally managed to savage the robin player ive been getting rekt bythe past few months

Asol only 4 of our pr was there nerd (dog)

BarSoapSoup

Smash Journeyman
Gah....I hear a lot of people call him fun but seeing as I only play Bowser and Mewtwo, Robin's just....frustrating for me haha

UltimaLuminaire

NNID
UltimaLuminaire
BarSoapSoup BarSoapSoup Robin wants to be closer to you than you think. Arc Thunder has a specific range where you can start getting the combo off. You should start by trying to stay out of that range when you want to force your opponent to waste precious book uses or by altering your approach based on how your opponent likes to mix things up when you do get in range. You know, the standard "shoot first, dodge later," or "he's too close, do a barrel roll!" Take it easy, let 'em hang themselves. If you get caught, don't take it too hard. You're Bowser. Just keep playing and eventually you'll get a vicious 2 stock.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Robin players can easily be baited to waste tome uses with some smart movement. You wouldn't believe how much momentum they can lose when a charged Arcthunder/Thoron is wasted.

Just try not to overdo it up close because dthrow--->wind jab does ludicrous amounts of damage to Bowser because fatso.

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
Going to a pretty big tournament in Toronto saturday. 100 people so far. If you want to follow the tourney, its name is Lan War X.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Died a little inside when I saw that Troof was using Mario, but at the same time, I can't blame him even one little bit... (it was against Sonic and we all know how well Bowser does in that matchup...).

Last edited:

BarSoapSoup

Smash Journeyman
Died a little inside when I saw that Troof was using Mario, but at the same time, I can't blame him even one little bit... (it was against Sonic and we all know how well Bowser does in that matchup...).
At some point or another, he is going to run into really bad matchups, especially as things get closer to championships. I played against a particularly annoying Sonic today T ^ T

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
At some point or another, he is going to run into really bad matchups, especially as things get closer to championships. I played against a particularly annoying Sonic today T ^ T
Yeah, that's why I don't blame him. The matchup against Sonic is just a gigantic nightmare for Bowser in so many ways... :(

Hoping the Cloud patch will give us some badly needed buffs for Bowser...

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Yeah, that's why I don't blame him. The matchup against Sonic is just a gigantic nightmare for Bowser in so many ways... :(

Hoping the Cloud patch will give us some badly needed buffs for Bowser...
Those pansies better fix Klaw. Or mess up royally and put Pivot grab range on it.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
That and grabbing the ledge when fortressing backwards toward it...
They unfortunately changed how ledge mechanics work from Brawl so rip us on Fortress retreat. Now if Fortress came out on Frame 1 like Charizard's Rock Hurl that would be pretty nice for escapes.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Bowser vs. Sonic is a ****ing joke.
Like I said, don't blame you in the least.

I watch a lot of tourney vids and I'm fairly certain that you're one of the top 3 Bowsers in the world (if not THE top) and I base that not only off of your skill but the comparative skill of the players in your area.

There could be some Bowser player who dominates, say, Alaska or something, but if the competition there is "meh" then it's not very impressive.

If you are having to turn to a secondary, it's unquestionably the fault of the character...

That's kickass, though! Way to be the sole Bowz rep, and ahead of a number of Sheik mains as well!

They unfortunately changed how ledge mechanics work from Brawl so rip us on Fortress retreat. Now if Fortress came out on Frame 1 like Charizard's Rock Hurl that would be pretty nice for escapes.
Oh, I meant when we're off the stage.

DK and Bowser are both spinning like tops when Up+Bing to the ledge: DK grabs it. Bowser doesn't.

WHHHHHYyyyyyyy.....

Last edited:

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
What do you think about adding online matches for a Bowser Highlight video ? I wanted to do only offline matches and mostly tournaments but some online matches have really interesting stuff. What do you think guys ?

Big Sean

Smash Journeyman
What do you think about adding online matches for a Bowser Highlight video ? I wanted to do only offline matches and mostly tournaments but some online matches have really interesting stuff. What do you think guys ?
Hmmmm I think if it highlights some interesting things instead of "oh my opponent kept DI'ing towards me to get 6 fairs in a row" then it could be interesting, especially if the online stuff was fairly sparse.

Last edited:

Boozer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DevilBoozer
3DS FC
4124-5214-3831
shoutouts to esam's tier list :^}
Bowser vs. Sonic is a ****ing joke.

In other news, P R B O Y Z.
nice! i, too, have recently gotten pr'd. it's a pretty good feeling, congrats

got a major coming up this weekend, and i'm rly hyped for it. get to meet a bunch of interstaters and hang with my bowser bro KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer (even tho he's a NoSkill zss player now kek)

K~G|Spacejam

Best data miner in Geelong. (Screw you KH)
shoutouts to esam's tier list :^}

nice! i, too, have recently gotten pr'd. it's a pretty good feeling, congrats

got a major coming up this weekend, and i'm rly hyped for it. get to meet a bunch of interstaters and hang with my bowser bro KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer (even tho he's a NoSkill zss player now kek)

Good luck boozer.

Don't forget to wear my hat on stream.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Yup. If you plan on getting anywhere with Bowser, you NEED to have some sort of secondary to cover matchups that are effing death.
My secondary is Giga Bowser. I have never lost a matchup as him.

True Story.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
yes

it's going to be exciting

also i'm not a zero skill samus main now! i just use her for hard matchups.

like sonic

or zss

OR YOU.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
I've been using Mario and Sheik for MUs that I don't feel comfortable as Bowser in, but I have been looking for a character I'd want to main in place of Bowser. I really do feel as though I'm reaching a roadblock with him, and it sucks because the game's only been out for a year, whereas I didn't feel this way in Brawl until my fifth year of using him. The game is simpler, yes, but there has to be something we're not seeing with this character, right? I wouldn't put serious thought into a character change until 2016.

As far as that goes, I'm running into two issues: switching to a new character would require me to play the game more if it's someone completely new. I only play Smash 4 at tournaments and maybe practice movement occasionally.

The other issue is the same as what happened in Brawl. Bowser is WAY too unique of a character. No one has all of his tools or quirks, so I know I wouldn't feel as comfortable with anyone else.

So then I get stuck in this cycle where I either go all Bowser and occasionally use Mario or Sheik for ease of use. I've thought about Ryu and Ike really, and then some off-the-wall **** like Mega Man or Greninja because they just seem cool. I just don't know.

I don't know who's the closest fundamentally to Bowser, and I know for a fact that I can never actually drop Bowser lol

edit: I'm done lurking. As an update, I've done pretty well in my sub-region where my college is at. I haven't gotten worse than 3rd...A LOT of 2nd place finishes though. ZSS is an e x t r e m e l y stupid character.

Last edited:
Top Bottom