• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser Stage

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
If there's going to be a Bowser boss stage in SSB4 then which ones do you think would be a cool choice? For me I'm thinking either his dark world battle from Super Mario 64 or the battle with him on top of his castle from Super Mario World.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
If there's going to be a Bowser boss stage in SSB4 then which ones do you think would be a cool choice? For me I'm thinking either his dark world battle from Super Mario 64 or the battle with him on top of his castle from Super Mario World.
How about the Wii U version getting a battle on top of his bath tub from Super Mario Sunshine? The stage would fall apart as you fight on it.

By "dark world battle from Super Mario 64" you mean when you personally fight Bowser and not just the dark world place right? Well, if that is the case, it would be awesome to fight a top a stage that has falling parts on it, it would be awesome on the 3DS version.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
How about the Wii U version getting a battle on top of his bath tub from Super Mario Sunshine? The stage would fall apart as you fight on it.

By "dark world battle from Super Mario 64" you mean when you personally fight Bowser and not just the dark world place right? Well, if that is the case, it would be awesome to fight a top a stage that has falling parts on it, it would be awesome on the 3DS version.
That sounds cool and it was a good battle but I'm thinking of a stage that fits more of Bowser's scenario you know? It usually has to do with dark places or fire and lava. But I would'nt mind that either I suppose.

Actually, yes, I was referring to the first time you face him in Super Mario 64 but now that you mention it, I would'nt mind a mix from the final battle as well with having the stage pieces fall off, maybe the platform can tilt too if you use a character with a ground pound like bowser or yoshi like it did in the second battle when he was in the fire world.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
That sounds cool and it was a good battle but I'm thinking of a stage that fits more of Bowser's scenario you know? It usually has to do with dark places or fire and lava. But I would'nt mind that either I suppose.

Actually, yes, I was referring to the first time you face him in Super Mario 64 but now that you mention it, I would'nt mind a mix from the final battle as well with having the stage pieces fall off, maybe the platform can tilt too if you use a character with a ground pound like bowser or yoshi like it did in the second battle when he was in the fire world.
Hopefully the stage would not fall apart too quickly or Yoshi and Bowser would fall to their doom. How about a classical Bowser stage from the original Super Mario Bros.? Comes complete with fire bars and Bowser statues that shoot fire.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Hopefully the stage would not fall apart too quickly or Yoshi and Bowser would fall to their doom. How about a classical Bowser stage from the original Super Mario Bros.? Comes complete with fire bars and Bowser statues that shoot fire.
Sounds cool to me, I wonder if the last battle with him from Super Mario 3-D World is too recent, I really enjoyed that one too but it would likely be a moving stage.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Sounds cool to me, I wonder if the last battle with him from Super Mario 3-D World is too recent, I really enjoyed that one too but it would likely be a moving stage.
Could be, but it all depends if the developers have been working on it earlier then we think. I do think a game that was released before 2013 has a better chance of having a stage.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
True if anything I suppose it would be the stage battle from new super mario bros. wii u

Last edited:

MontyMonterson

Smash Rookie
I wouldn't mind if they picked the new Mario Kart 8 Bowser's Castle as a traveling stage, it would be a nice alternative to Rainbow Road on the 3DS. The giant stone Bowsers would make for a great hazard as well.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Agreed but again, it's too recent, I don't think they'd have enough time to put it in, the mario kart 64 one I could see them doing or other ones after it.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I wouldn't mind if they picked the new Mario Kart 8 Bowser's Castle as a traveling stage, it would be a nice alternative to Rainbow Road on the 3DS. The giant stone Bowsers would make for a great hazard as well.
As long as it has that Mario Kart 8 Bowser's Castle music from Mario Kart 8, then I'm all for it.

I would like some sort of Bowser stage for the 3ds though.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
If Bowser Jr. isn't playable, I'd like to see a Bowser's Castle stage with Jr. as a stage hazard.
He could be in his Koopa Clown Car throwing bombs and fireballs at the players.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
As long as it has that Mario Kart 8 Bowser's Castle music from Mario Kart 8, then I'm all for it.

I would like some sort of Bowser stage for the 3ds though.
You know, I could swear that the theme used for his castle in mario kart 8 is the same theme from super mario 3-d world from when you battled him the first two times, still a cool theme too though.
If Bowser Jr. isn't playable, I'd like to see a Bowser's Castle stage with Jr. as a stage hazard.
He could be in his Koopa Clown Car throwing bombs and fireballs at the players.
That'd be cool, it'd make up for him not being a playable character in the game, at least he could try helping his dad out in the fights.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
You know, I could swear that the theme used for his castle in mario kart 8 is the same theme from super mario 3-d world from when you battled him the first two times, still a cool theme too though.

That'd be cool, it'd make up for him not being a playable character in the game, at least he could try helping his dad out in the fights.
Maybe it is, they haven't did that since SNES when they had the Bowser fight from Super Mario World on the Bowser Castle stage.

Mega Hawlucha

Smash Apprentice
Personally I would absolutely adore seeing an Airship stage, similar to the one that appeared on Mario Kart DS and 7, the Airship's were always my favorite part of the NSMB games (minus the Starry Night levels), so to see them would be an absolute treat.

That said, a situation based on Bowser's original battle, where you have to pull the axe would make an amazing Boss Stage, with the victor perhaps getting to pull the axe and gaining a free KO on the other brawler(s).

Weeman

Smash Crusader
It's long overdue for a Bowser castle stage, though i guess an airship or Bowser land stage wouldn't be bad.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Personally I would absolutely adore seeing an Airship stage, similar to the one that appeared on Mario Kart DS and 7, the Airship's were always my favorite part of the NSMB games (minus the Starry Night levels), so to see them would be an absolute treat.

That said, a situation based on Bowser's original battle, where you have to pull the axe would make an amazing Boss Stage, with the victor perhaps getting to pull the axe and gaining a free KO on the other brawler(s).
It's long overdue for a Bowser castle stage, though i guess an airship or Bowser land stage wouldn't be bad.
Does'nt Bowser already have an air fortress stage in Brawl? I wasn't sure to count that or not being how it's more of a boss battle for his kids than him.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Why not have both? I've kinda been wanting a Bowser's castle stage in a super smash bros. game for a while now too.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
It would be great to have a Bowser's Castle stage, since its probably the most iconic recurring Mario level that hasn't been featured in Smash.

I do have to wonder though if Mushroom Kingdom U effects its chances though, since one of its transformations is fortress.

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
Bowsers castle I think would be the best option, he really does need his own stage instead of just a mushroom kingdom or mario stage, he needs something for him like a bowsers castle.
Something that would be kind of fun would be a stage set in bowsers castle but not from the mario kart series, but from the original.

It could be similar to the mushroom kingdom stage but it runs through bowsers castle stopping and ending here.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Bowsers castle I think would be the best option, he really does need his own stage instead of just a mushroom kingdom or mario stage, he needs something for him like a bowsers castle.
Something that would be kind of fun would be a stage set in bowsers castle but not from the mario kart series, but from the original.

It could be similar to the mushroom kingdom stage but it runs through bowsers castle stopping and ending here.
This would be fine, I'm really just hoping for a bowser castle stage from a mario platforming game instead even though the mario kart series have had some pretty cool incarnations of it in the past.

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
If Bowser does get a stage, I'd like it to be something that was tournament legal. Also, i'd prefer if it weren't from something like Golf or power tennis.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
The Bowser train stages from Super Mario 3D World would be cool. Even if we have the Spirit Train on the 3DS already, I'm a sucker for train stages I admit.
I have the feeling that the best potential Bowser stages would have to be scrolling (airship, train, Bowser's world from Super Mario 64).

Hong

The Strongest
Mm, yeah. I'll take Mario Kart 8's Bowser Castle. I want the big Bowser statue to periodically punch the stage.

Make it timed, telegraphed and predictable, so it can at least be a counterpick.

Top Bottom