• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser looks glorious in hi-def... (and kind of terrifying)

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Not until I saw Bowser on the win screen my 60" projection TV did I truly appreciate how fearsome he looks, and absolutely AWESOME...

He has this kind of crazed look in his eye, like a mad animal. I realize it's a similar model on the 3DS, but he's just so much larger than life on an actual TV.

Also, it took a real set of speakers to truly appreciate his winning theme. :D

Anragon

Smash Apprentice
I just hate you now because SSBWiiU isn't released yet in Europe and I'm jealous :(

But yeah from what I've seen when I played the demo Bowser looks indeed super cool. And we FINALLY have 60 fps on PAL version so we can enjoy the animations even more !

I especially love the way his shell skin is modelized :D

Flayl

Smash Hero
PAL Brawl could be 60 fps if you wanted, too.

But it's good to hear he's looking awesome! Yeah one of my favorite small changes in Smash 4 was the guitar Mario theme for Bowser

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Everything about HD Bowser is awesome. From the shell to the scaly skin to the frenzied murder crazed look in his eyes. It's awesome.

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
I wonder why he's so angry.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
As per tradition, I played as Bowser on FD for my first match. . .that combination alone was enough to make my jaw drop over the graphics, even though I'm typically indifferent to that sort of thing.

Mario disturbed his family vacation?

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Probably feels violated because he got a makeover and paid for multiple Wii Fit exercise programmes with Yoshi to fix their spinal issues, but when he appeared to sign up for Sm4sh, Sakurai gave him his Godzilla voice instead.

I'd be mad too.

Jokes aside, he does look fantastic in HD on your own TV while you control his monstrous power. Videos and footage on YouTube that we've been seeing before the release just didn't do enough justice.

M.C.Jeducation

Smash Apprentice
Oh man im so hype to see Bowser in HD on my TV! Oh wait, I have to wait for Smash to come out in Australia? That's fine its not that much longe- wait I need to have money to buy the game?!...Curses foiled again...

LF {Ess}

Smash Rookie
Character victory poses looks aesthetically pleasing...Bowser though, on a league of his own!

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
Probably feels violated because he got a makeover and paid for multiple Wii Fit exercise programmes with Yoshi to fix their spinal issues, but when he appeared to sign up for Sm4sh, Sakurai gave him his Godzilla voice instead.

I'd be mad too.

Jokes aside, he does look fantastic in HD on your own TV while you control his monstrous power. Videos and footage on YouTube that we've been seeing before the release just didn't do enough justice.
I doubt he'd even need a spinal re-adjustment, what with the beatings he got the last two games. His spine was probably forced like that over a long period of time.

RideRide

Smash Cadet
That eye at the results screen is a little terrifying...

PAL Brawl could be 60 fps if you wanted, too.

But it's good to hear he's looking awesome! Yeah one of my favorite small changes in Smash 4 was the guitar Mario theme for Bowser
Sorry, but how do you get PAL Brawl to run at 60FPS?

Flayl

Smash Hero
If you connect the Wii to the TV with component cables, you can set it to 480p. That'll run the game at 60 fps

Wii Settings -> Screen -> TV resolution

Top Bottom