• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser Board Interview Thread

Flayl

Smash Hero
My questions:

Who in your circle of friends plays Bowser? Can you get him to post here I'd love to give him some tips against Ganondorf.

How do you fully charge Mario's USmash out of a dash? When I do it it only charges partially before I stop sliding.

How can G&W KO Bowser if all of his kill moves can be power-shielded?

What CAN'T Mario's FSmash do?

edit: I say we interview Sakurai next.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
"How do you fully charge Mario's USmash out of a dash? When I do it it only charges partially before I stop sliding."

Hold an attack button after hitting upC out of a dash. ;]

Flayl

Smash Hero
"How do you fully charge Mario's USmash out of a dash? When I do it it only charges partially before I stop sliding."

Hold an attack button after hitting upC out of a dash. ;]
Vex...

God****.

edit: try reading the second sentence.

Questions for A2Z:

Why are you so amazing?

Where should Mario be on the tier list?

Mario goes 50-50 with MK, right?

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Where should bowser be in the tier list?

Where should G&W be on the tier list?

What do you consider Bowser's 5 worst matchups?

What should the Bowser vs G&W ratio be?

Will you have my children?

What's your best achievement tournament wise?

How old are you?

What is a man?

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
Here are my questions for you A2ZOMG ^_^

1. How did you get into the smash scene?

2. What are your favourite/least favourite matchups when you're playing as G&W and Mario?

3. Do you have an idol, or a smash player you look up to? If so, who and why?

4. What are your hobbies other than playing smash?

5. Do you have any pets? I love dogs, so I was just wondering :)

I might come up with some more questions later

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Why do you post in the Bowser boards?

Why do you not have an avatar?

Flayl

Smash Hero
I'm having an argument with my dad. He says that spicy food is great, but I can't stand the stuff. Am I a weenie, or is he a jerk?

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Alright the interview is done. Here it is:

A2ZOMG said:
Answers in Lime Green.

Who in your circle of friends plays Bowser? Can you get him to post here I'd love to give him some tips against Ganondorf.

I'm probably the only person in my group of friends that really understands how to use Ganon and Bowser in some level of competence. Actually, if you know SomeRandomKid, his Bowser could be better than mine. He usually doesn't lose to my Ganon, but he rarely ever uses Bowser.

How do you fully charge Mario's USmash out of a dash? When I do it it only charges partially before I stop sliding.

Watch the initial dash animation and wait for Mario's feet to hit the ground. Around then, hit Up-Cstick + Z (to charge the Smash without losing run momentum).

How can G&W KO Bowser if all of his kill moves can be power-shielded?

Edgeguards, D-throw setups (Bowser's tech sucks), and honestly you shouldn't be powershielding G&W's Smashes if he's timing charge releases since those basically come out instantly (except his F-smash).

What CAN'T Mario's FSmash do?

This -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4X_obAPGdY

Why are you so amazing?

Thank you. I try.

Where should Mario be on the tier list?

C tier. Where fundamentally decent but underpowered characters belong who don't really have enough to win against most top tier characters. At most two spots under Luigi.

Mario goes 50-50 with MK, right?

Hell no! Mario >>>> MK for realz.

Where should bowser be in the tier list?

I'd say he's comparable to Captain Falcon, wherever Falcon belongs. So he sucks. But so does 80% of the cast anyway, so it's not really a big deal when there are only a few good characters.

Where should G&W be on the tier list?

Pretty much where he is right now.

What do you consider Bowser's 5 worst matchups?

Olimar is obviously the worst by far.

Nobody else is nearly that bad for Bowser, but if I had to choose some obnoxiously bad matchups for Bowser, I would say Metaknight, Pit, Falco, and G&W have a pretty easy time fundamentally picking Bowser apart. Actually a lot of characters do, but you asked me to pick 5 total.

What should the Bowser vs G&W ratio be?

7:3 G&W's favor, dunno how much it varies by stage, but there really isn't any stage Bowser wins on, and there's a number of stages G&W clearly does a lot better on.

Will you have my children?

No. Super Mario Galaxy 2 demands my attention.

What's your best achievement tournament wise?

I landed Ganon's U-tilt in a tournament match. Furthermore it was a Ganon vs Falcon match. In standard singles.

What is your best achievement tournament wise?

I landed Ganon's U-tilt in a tournament match. Furthermore it was a Ganon vs Falcon match. In standard singles.

I have also had the pleasure of hosting a tournament at UCSB, one which stayed organized and managed to end before midnight, something that I wish the local tournaments in Los Angeles had accomplished when I was in the area.

How old are you?

20. I don't expect you to believe me, but it's true. There is a photo of me on AiB. I know I look extremely young.

What is a man?

Inferior to Bowser?

How did you get into the smash scene?

Ever since Smash 64, that series was the ****. When Melee came around, late into its competitive scene I joined this forum, hoping to broaden my competitive knowledge, knowing that I sucked, but still wanted to learn everything I could about the game since I love learning how video games work. Then Brawl came out, and I still sucked until several months after its release, when I finally learned what "zoning" was.

What are your favourite/least favourite matchups when you're playing as G&W and Mario?

I hate the ditto matchups. I hate all dittos not named Falcon or Ganon dittos anyhow. Mario dittos are ridiculously campy. G&W dittos devolve to a waiting game and B-air spacing.

I personally hate playing against Falco and Snake however. Falco because someone camped me for 8 minutes in friendlies. Snake because of how hard he punishes mistakes.

Do you have an idol, or a smash player you look up to? If so, who and why?

I am a fan of teh_spammerer. His style is defensive, but impressive due to his ability to read opponents, his incredible patience, and smart punishes. I like watching his Melee videos in particular. He has helped me learn some important basics about competitive Smash in general as well, something I respect him for.

Recently KoreanDJ has also impressed me with some hilarious Melee friendlies (which occurred around April, check them out). To put it simply, he really knows how to embarrass people.

In Brawl, I look up to Flameleon and UTD Zac as expert users of Mario and G&W respectively. They demonstrate the ability to do what I know works in actual matches. That is something that is much less common than it should be for every character, not just the two I use in tournament.

What are your hobbies other than playing smash?

Anything Nintendo related. Oh yeah and Super Street Fighter 4. I also love watching anime and critiquing it.

Do you have any pets?

I used to own tree frogs, goldfish, and guinea pigs. They all died at some point. I recommend guinea pigs above all else if you want a good pet.

Why do you post in the Bowser boards?

Like every other reasonable person, I post wherever I feel like I can help contribute knowledge, and I guarantee that I have posted in every Brawl character board at some point. I'm aware that I'm blunt and eager to debate a point to death, and that not everyone likes me for that. I also have fairly high expectations of what people should know about this game.

Why do you not have an avatar?

I do have an avatar. I picked that particular image because that is the default image for profile visitor messages, and I simply wanted to find a creative way of making my own posts easier to spot. I can't think of anyone else that matters who has used my idea as an avatar.

I'm having an argument with my dad. He says that spicy food is great, but I can't stand the stuff. Am I a weenie, or is he a jerk?

Why does the answer have to be so negative both ways? But spicy food is amazing. And usually good for you.

How do you type with boxing gloves on?

Carefully.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Where DID Gimpy go anyway? He was here for like a good 2 and a half weeks and just poofed.

Anyway, MrEh.

GreenFox

Smash Ace
Good interview I agree bowser isnt very good and thought also he had potential but its not really there

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
What's your favorite Disney movie?

So how amazing are the pineapple pancakes over in Hawaii?

How many volcanoes have you been to?

Are you a huge fan of Nacho Libre?

If you ever came to Texas, what Disney song would you sing with me?

What's your favorite MU and why?

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Blonde's or brunette's?

Favourite food?

How's your life going outside of smash?

You seem to play a few other fighters, what are they and who do you play?

How far east can you go before you're heading west?

What is Love?

I might add more later.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Have you been to Japan or California? If yes, which did you like best and did you play smash at either of them?

What other wii ganes do you enjoy?

B!squick

Smash Master
****, just thought of one.

Who do you play in the new BlazBlue game? Who do you think is da bess? Who's bad? Yay or nay on the new additions to the cast?

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
The Man Himself: Mr. Eh?
Making fun of Zelda before it was cool

-How many times have you seen Beauty and the Beast? Honestly.

-And what about the ones that don't feature Gaston?

-What's your favorite Disney movie?

-So how amazing are the pineapple pancakes over in Hawaii?

-How many volcanoes have you been to?

-Are you a huge fan of Nacho Libre?

-If you ever came to Texas, what Disney song would you sing with me?

-What's your favorite MU and why?

-Blonde's or brunette's?

-Favourite food?

-How's your life going outside of smash?

-You seem to play a few other fighters, what are they and who do you play?

-How far east can you go before you're heading west?

-What is Love?

-Have you been to Japan or California? If yes, which did you like best and did you play smash at either of them?

-What other wii games do you enjoy?

-Take a cookie?

-Who do you play in the new BlazBlue game? Who do you think is da bess? Who's bad? Yay or nay on the new additions to the cast?

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
O wow, I'm sad I forgot to come in here and give my questions even though I knew what I wanted to ask him, its k though, I'll just ask him over aim!

Top Bottom