• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bouncing Sushi: Weak Nair into Bouncing fish combo thread

Tristan_win

Not dead.
This thread was a joint effort between

@ Absol Absol and myself so please give credit where credit is due.

Hey everyone don't you wish you could kill better, or how about being able to reliably combo above 100%. What if I said you could do both? Fast falling weak nair into Bouncing fish does exactly this and depending on the character for a great amount like Diddy kong 90-135 or 45% range of this combo working. Because of this and how long it works Absol and I have started calling this Bouncing Sushi or BS for short.

Sadly this isn't a true inescapable combo at all percentage listed. In the lower percentages it is possible for characters to tech on the stage before the Bouncing fish connects and in the higher percentage it's possible to DI up to avoid the Bouncing fish set up. Additional testing is planned though to see when exactly this stop being a true combo but regardless BS is something you should keep in the back of your mind when your hunting for a kill with Sheik.

The key points to get this combo to work best are:
Hitting your opponent as close to the ground as possible to shorten the time before starting bouncing fish.
Extending the range of bouncing fish as needed as the percentages raise.
Hitting your opponent with weak nair, the closer to sheik the better.

If you do all this you can get INSANE results, much higher then what's listed here.So while this isn't exactly as user friendly as say Fthrow into BF it is a good option to have for Sheik who struggles to kill so very badly.

TL;DR
  • This combo on everyone at 100% but on Falco, Ganondorft, Bowser, Ike, Captain Falcon, Dedede, Fox, Mega man
  • This combo on everyone until 120% but on Rosalina, Jigglypuff, Zero suit Samus, Game and Watch, Samus, Kirby Falco
  • Rosalina is 80-100% but it should be MUCH higher if you land nair lower then her standing height.
  • For fat characters this can combo until 140% or more. Example: Rob, Bowser, Ike Mega man, Boswer Jr, Charizard, Captain Falcn, Dedede, DK

| DI Away starting percentage | DI Away ending percentage
Mario | 100 |135
Luigi | 100 |130
Peach | 80 |120
Yoshi | 100 |135
Bowser | 105 |140
Rosalina | 80 |100
Bowser Jr | 95 |145
Wario | 100 |135
Game and watch | 75 |115
DK | 100 |155
Diddy Kong | 90 |135
Link | 100 |135
Zelda | 80 |120
Sheik | 100 |120
Ganondorft | 105 |135
Toon link | 85 |125
Samus | 100 |115
Zero suit Samus | 100 |110
Dedede | 105 |150
Lucario | 95 |135
Greninja | 90 |135
Little mac | 85 |125
meta knight | 85 |125
Kirby | 80 |115
Robin | 100 |125
Ike | 105 |140
Marth | 100 |125
Palutena | 100 |120
Pit | 100 |125
ROB | 100 |140
Duck Hunt Dog | 90 |135
Jigglypuff | 65 |105
Charizard | 100 |145
Pikachu | 90 |130
Falco | 105 |115
Fox | 110 |125
Ness | 85 |130
Captain Falcon | 105 |145
Villager | 90 |135
Olimar | 80 |130
Wii Fit Trainer | 90 |130
Shulk | 90 |140
Pac Man | 85 |130
Mega man | 115 |140
Sonic | 90 |135

Here's a slightly easier to learn list for when this start to work on everyone. It's the list I'm going to use if I don't just remember everyone 100% and down as '100%'. Leaving only Fat people and fast fallers like fox in their own 'unknown' tier.
65%
Jiggly

80%
Game and Watch
Peach
Rosalina
Zelda
Kirby
Olimar

90%
Toon link
Little mac
meta knight
ness
pac man
Diddy kong
Greninja
Duck hunt dog
Pikachu
Villager
Wii Fit Trainer
Shulk
Sonic

100%
Bowser Jr
Lucario
Mario
Luigi
Yoshi
Wario
DK
Link
Sheik
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Robin
Marth
Palutena
Pit
ROB
Charizard

105%
Boswer
Ganondorft
Dedede
Ike
Falco
Captain Falcon

110%
Fox
Mega man

All testing was done on the WiiU in VS mode with Sheik at 0% and the opponent character at the listed percentages. Taunts were used to keep opponent character in place while horizontal DI was preformed. Sheik weak Nair connected at point blank range while fast fall on roughly the opponents typical standing height. Special attention was payed to opponents characters height while taunting. Bouncing fish range was extended as needed.

Last edited:

_Tree

The no-more hero
NNID
DekuBaba
3DS FC
1891-1276-1936
This thread is BS.

In all seriousness though good work guys. You two truly are the percentage wizards around here. A shame it isn't inescapable, but I suppose I'll wait for that further testing to be done.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
This thread is BS.

In all seriousness though good work guys. You two truly are the percentage wizards around here. A shame it isn't inescapable, but I suppose I'll wait for that further testing to be done.
^__^

When your comboing DK at like 155% you can't help but notice the stupid amount of stun this gives. Sheik shouldn't be able to give Melee levels of hit stun. It's complete Bouncing Sushi. Also I can't say for sure for the whole cast but for Greninja we found

Greninja
90-135 away
90-115 straight up

So once we try a few more directions then we can be sure if this is true or not.

Last edited:

_Tree

The no-more hero
NNID
DekuBaba
3DS FC
1891-1276-1936
Melee levels of hit stun
Don't say that. I drool a bit everytime you do.

But yea having combos like this at such a high percentage is an incredible boon for us, especially with all the complaints going around about Sheik's inability to kill.

So we have forward throw to bouncing fish, and now weak nair to bouncing fish...would it be greedy to ask the Smash gods for combos like this at every percentage...?

MetaBhreat

Smash Cadet
Every time I think I discovered something new you guys already have a beautiful chart of it.

As someone who thinks that SHFF Nair is underrated, this makes me so happy.
It's so dirty. Excellent work.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Every time I think I discovered something new you guys already have a beautiful chart of it.

As someone who thinks that SHFF Nair is underrated, this makes me so happy.
It's so dirty. Excellent work.
haha, I'm not sure if I should say sorry or your welcome >__<

Please continue to keep a eye out though for new combo's. If you ever don't see a chart for a combo you started to regularly use you should say something about it and one might magically appear.

Last edited:
Top Bottom