• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bouncing fish into the stage (Battlefield, FD, Omegas)

_Tree

The no-more hero
NNID
DekuBaba
3DS FC
1891-1276-1936
Ok, this isn't the most game-changing technique, but I've been finding it useful so I thought I'd share it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN_BjZWUxu0&feature=youtu.be

Basically, the short video I made outlines how you can use Bouncing fish against the side of the stage to put yourself in a more advantageous position for edgeguarding. I basically go over the three main 'sections' of the side of battlefield (which can be applied to FD and certain omega stages) and the range in which they will position you after bouncing off them. This has been great for me, as it allows me to bounce to other-wise unreachable areas at the time as well as using it for mix-ups. It's great for style as well, so that helps too.

Extra note:
If you hit the first (lowest) spot, you can actually hit people on the stage, if they're standing near the ledge. Thid hits them away from the stage, while you get back on. Tricky to perform though, so practice it. Also, if you hit the first spot, you can bounce again on the 3rd spot, if executed correctly.

Gif of hitting an opponent on the ledge after hitting the lowest spot: http://abload.de/img/sheikspot1hit37oklx.gif

Credit: Wasserwipf

(I know the video can be janky at times, but as I say in the description it was 3AM and I wanted to get it done quickly).

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I just started playing as Shiek in this Smash bros...and WOW, that can catch an opponent off guard. x.x

Congratz on finding this, it's good stuff.

Wasserwipf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
wasserwipf
3DS FC
2809-9876-8323
Little sidenote, if you hit the first spot, as you call it (the lowest) you can actually hit people on the stage, standing near the edge, throwing them away / off the stage, while sending you back on the stage. The timing is tricky, atm i get it 1 out of 10 times :S. Also, another thing, if you hit the first spot, you can bounce again on the 3'd spot, if executed correctly.
Also, testing this further out, I managed to hit the second spot and don't move any further. The second hit came out at the place you call the second spot. Sheik wasn't bouncing away at all. She just altered her direction. This surprised me so much that i actually suicided, and I wasn't able to reproduce it either :/ Maybe somebody can figure this out?

_Tree

The no-more hero
NNID
DekuBaba
3DS FC
1891-1276-1936
I'd like to test what you were saying about Sheik not bouncing, but it's 3AM right now and I need to sleep :<
I added your info to the OP though, so thanks for that.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Oh there's the little cool thing where if you use Fishattack while hanging from the ledge, you'll get back onto the stage with an attack, but won't bounce.

Wasserwipf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
wasserwipf
3DS FC
2809-9876-8323
I made a gif out of the first thing I mentioned (that you can hit opponents onstage), because I wanted to try out making gifs... .

Talk about punishing a roll. Maybe you could add that to the OP (spoiler maybe). Also, I have yet to test this on Battlefield, but it should be possible anyway. Also, you need to hit the very lowest part of the plattform (thats at least what I do here in the gif...).

Btw. bigger size, if needed:
http://abload.de/img/sheikspot1hit37oklx.gif

_Tree

The no-more hero
NNID
DekuBaba
3DS FC
1891-1276-1936
Good stuff, added to the OP. Personally I think a visual element of a technique is pretty important for getting it right, so thanks for that.

Anjo_Smash

Smash Rookie
Thanks for this I've been trying to use this without much success so this should help.

Top Bottom