• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Borderlands 2 / General Borderlands Discussion -- Vault Hunters Wanted! --

Kal

Smash Champion
As long as your 360 knows that the disc is there (i.e., when you insert the disc the dashboard says "Play Borderlands 2"), you can just install the game to a hard drive and play it. All you need is to borrow a copy from someone else; Gamestop has a 7-day return policy on used games. So, if your 360 at least knows that the disc is Borderlands 2, you won't need to shell out for another copy.

Also, sorry if you have a PS3. >_<

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
It won't even load the disc on my Xbox. It stutters for a few seconds, and then the Xbox says "open tray."

And I bought my game the day it came out :p

Kal

Smash Champion
That's too bad. You can try cleaning it in the hopes that your 360 recognizes the game, then use the hard drive solution I mentioned earlier. Sorry that your disc got scratched. :(

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Late reply, but...
That's too bad. You can try cleaning it in the hopes that your 360 recognizes the game, then use the hard drive solution I mentioned earlier. Sorry that your disc got scratched. :(
Well, I posted a message on 2K's website about a week after my post. It took, about, 2 weeks for them to get back to me. They told me to send the game with instruction manual and box to a 2K site in Maryland, with 7.50 and a cover letter detailing the problem. Haven't heard from them. I know my package made it cuz I checked the tracking number on USPS' website. It took about 2 days to ship out from where I live.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Double post, but a week later, my disc came back to me. Yay.

And I has the season pass.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Hey guys, :gova: and I need help killing Voracidious. Does anyone wanna jump on and give us a hand?

Gamertag is still WashedLaundry

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
Would anybody on here who has the Xbox 360 version of the game want to play through the second and third DLC's for completion with me? I haven't had the game 100% complete since the first DLC (because of the Master Gee glitch prior to the patch) and I want to play co-op with people since its more fun if at all possible. My xbl tag is "Host Change" so just send me a message/friend request if I don't check back here right away.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Has anyone gotten Kreig the newest Vault Hunter? I'm not sure if I want to spend more money on this game since I haven't played it in a while but it's very tempting cause he seems really fun.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Has anyone gotten Kreig the newest Vault Hunter? I'm not sure if I want to spend more money on this game since I haven't played it in a while but it's very tempting cause he seems really fun.
He is a monster.

A chaotic, psychotic, melee driven flesh-ton of salt driven meat.

He's got a very unique skill set. He has skills that increase the shield delay. So, if you wear something like, Flame of the Firehawk (the shield that constantly fire novas while your shield is depleted), you can just spam fire novas for up to an additional 7 SECONDS. And that's before any class mods help out.

He's a more powerful melee character compared to Zer0, and he has some interesting skills. He's also capable of killing Pyro Pete in seconds with Tediore reloads due to some skills increasing Mag Size, explosions, etc.

The guy is insane.

Also, he's a pretty good character, too.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
So a month later, here's my thoughts on Krieg.

Hits like a truck. Burns all the babies.

It's really hard for me to find a skill set that I like with him. Mania is fun, and the capstone skill is amazing. Hellborn is equally fun, but you take a lot more damage it seems (since you're on fire to get any benefit out of the tree). Bloodlust, IMHO, has the best capstone skill, but a weak tree. Not to say it's bad. It's just that the skills are all over the place. It's a good support tree, but not a great starter tree. If that makes any sense.

Trying a Hellborn/Bloodlust set up now. Level 40. It's going, 'okay'. Might go back to Mania for the time being.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Anyone know a fun way to build Zero? I'm currently trying out a sniper-hybrid with death blossom haven't gotten that high on levels yet though, lol.
http://www.bl2skills.com/assassin.html#505051550150055145011200000000

That's if you're looking for strictly Sniper/Death-Blossom trees.

My personal preference, is this;

http://www.bl2skills.com/assassin.html#505001500051055135015500310000

Couple of things to note (and all of this is assuming you're playing UVHM);

1. Zero has to rely on Slag to do a lot of damage. The Sniper tree unfortunately lost A LOT of versatility with the release of UVHM, due to everything and it's mother having increased health. It almost makes Death Blossom mandatory, since it has a chance to slag (and you get the Death Mark, more damage!). But you'll be reliant on slag weapons to switch between.
  2. With these skills, you get a boost to guns, and melee. While you'll more than likely be in Deception most of the time, having some melee skills to rely isn't a terrible idea. It applies Death Mark (more damage), and the skills we've taken have a nasty boost to melee. With a Legendary Mod, your counterstrike skill is now at 6 points, peaking at just over 300% extra damage when it procs. Zero has a stupid fast melee swipe too, so lashing out won't kill ya.
  3. Deception+Execute is going to help you move around a lot faster. Even if you don't hit the enemy, as long as you're aiming at it, you'll still dash from a good distance away.
  4. Unforseen is more damage, plus the lovely fact that it's Electric damage. Nice way to get rid of shields and some crowd control (by that, I mean deception drawing foes to attack it).
  5. I personally don't like Two Fang, since it's not at all like it's previous incarnation from BL1. You will spend at least two bullets each time it procs, and that's not exactly good for you since you want something involving Sniper Rifles.
Let me know what you think.

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
Your 2nd link is actually what I've been trying to build up this whole time, but I don't have the DLC so I've completely forgotten about the level cap. Good stuff and thanks.

In any case, it's fun seeing the damage numbers reach ###K. It just looks cool.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Hmm. How much for the level cap anyway? If it's not too much, I'll just go for it.

Any other DLC worth my time?
Torgue is hilarious. My favorite out of all of them just for Torgue alone. The raid boss isn't that bad, either.
Captain Scarlett is 'okay'. It's great pretty much for the loot room since you can glitch in for easy farming.
Hammerlock's I haven't spent a lot of time with, but it's not bad.

I think the level cap is like... $5?

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
I've just recently gotten a new video card, and this game just looks gorgeous!

I can play it on some of the highest settings with a pretty smooth framerate. Or maybe pretty smooth is being too generous. It's better than that, lol.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I got Krieg recently. Haven't played him yet.

Also, almost done with my Axton game (the one that got saved from my file transfer incident). Gonna delve into the DLC afterwards.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I just started this game for the first time on PC. I'm doing Axton first due to a recommendation from a friend. What is a good build for him?
Too many.

End game, I always recommend the Torguemando. I'll link that build later.

Otherwise, early game, any of the trees are great. If you find yourself not doing a lot of damage, go Turrets. Doing a lot of damage with guns, and wanna keep doing that? Go middle. Need health? Survival tree.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
My Axton has the rockets and the shield right now.

Anyways, finally got to the DLC. Captain Scarlett's, to be precise. It's kinda boring, in all honesty.

DonutFinder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theonlyisaac
3DS FC
0533-6566-7593
Guys add me if you wanna get through campain on a new character. We could go on this crazy adventure together!
PSN:theonlyisaac
22: Gunnzerk
16 :Mechromancer
0: Your choice if you want to start over or something

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I finished it yesterday.

Oh my god. Best DLC ever. I just gotta beat Hammerlock's DLC and I'm done with the game's DLC (minus a playthrough with Kreig).

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Funny story. I beat Pete the Invincible by myself with my level 48 Axton.

He's at 50 now. It's funny. I kept doing the bar brawl mission over and over to get more Torgue coins and experience.

I also started a Kreig playthrough with my brother as Maya. Jesus. He's a nutbag. He has a skin called "POOP TRAIN CONDUCTOR," which is a funny reference to the video with him.

Top Bottom