• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bonus Mode

cparks1000000

Smash Rookie
Does anyone remember the bonus mode from melee? I really enjoyed that mode and wonder if it can be included in this mod. Also, it concerns me that Toon Link and Link are so similar. Any input on these topics?

CORY

wut
BRoomer
this is your chance, pmbr. don't drop the ball on making bonus mode the new defacto tourney standard...

(i, too, enjoyed me some bonus mode in my younger, wilder days : p )

geno

Smash Apprentice
I still go for 'first strike' and 'cuddly bear'. Just for bragging rights, you know. Important to call out the ones you know as you get them since the brawl took them away. It's like popping balloons on Smashville except more frequent and annoying.

ItalianStallion

Smash Journeyman
TL and Link are similar in some regards sure, but they actually are pretty different and end up playing really differently. Very frequently you will find people who are only good with one of them and can't play the other. Look at their Up-B's. TL's is a kill move in the air and just damage on the gound (Which he can charge). Link's is a kill move on the ground and just damage in the air (He can't charge).

Ace55

Smash Lord
TL and Link are similar in some regards sure, but they actually are pretty different and end up playing really differently. Very frequently you will find people who are only good with one of them and can't play the other. Look at their Up-B's. TL's is a kill move in the air and just damage on the gound (Which he can charge). Link's is a kill move on the ground and just damage in the air (He can't charge).

This nails it, we need bonus mode.

Top Bottom