• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bomb Uses

Boney

Smash Apprentice
Carlos posted a vid on the skype feed. This works as a shield break punish. Now that's dirty.

Does this work against all characters or only big ones?
That's pretty amazing!

Xygonn

Smash Ace
NNID
xygonn
Ok so this dirty little combo, which I absolutely love, it's completely inescapable but you can't perform it precisely the same way as Carlos has done in his vid.
I promised myself I wouldn't do any testing until after the patch but here are the inputs necessary to bag ANY character, big or small:

Walk push to ledge -> Pivot -> Bomb -> FF SH D-air.

If you don't pivot just a bit, the bomb will blow up on certain character's hitboxes (try DK, Olimar). And if you're facing the other way Samus' arm connects well during the swing on any character's hurtbox. If you don't fast fall, you won't hit certain characters, particularly small ones. The above prescription is no miss.
I worked on this yesterday. I think Zaprong's method is a bit easier as it doesn't have a FF input. Just drop the bomb, go over the ledge, double jump, dair. Not saying one way is better than the other, but this true combos and works on the whole cast too.

Should have saved the replay, but didn't :( landed it vs DK on FG at 50% after breaking his shield with a CS. There he was, all dizzy, thinking (lol, I weight too much to die right now). Much salt was had. He left the room.

I like to call this "the dirty bomb".

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
For sure Xygonn, I agree the FF d-air is harder to execute on a technical level. in fact you likely don't need to be perfect in real game since most people are randomly mashing and not aiming for a frame perfect airdodge. The FF prescription is no miss, any % (well any relevant % :p) and any character, the other way I feel you need to aim a bit. I actually haven't got the chance to use it in game yet... my opponent's shields are breaking at high %s and the f-smash is trivial. I will go in fact go for style points if that pattern keeps up...

Xygonn

Smash Ace
NNID
xygonn
For sure Xygonn, I agree the FF d-air is harder to execute on a technical level. in fact you likely don't need to be perfect in real game since most people are randomly mashing and not aiming for a frame perfect airdodge. The FF prescription is no miss, any % (well any relevant % :p) and any character, the other way I feel you need to aim a bit. I actually haven't got the chance to use it in game yet... my opponent's shields are breaking at high %s and the f-smash is trivial. I will go in fact go for style points if that pattern keeps up...
Yeah, fsmash is a great shield break punish and kills early enough that the dirty bomb is still situational to low percent shield break.

M!ND

Smash Rookie
I recorded some for glory clips right before patch, listening to ragga bomb by skrillex saw this thread and inspiration struck!

Lol Enjoy!

M!ND

Smash Rookie
Hey so I was watching that video I posted and at the end youtube recommended me this video https://youtu.be/Qfmcm7hkXP4?t=1m7s I was intrigued and thought hey how cool would it be if this is in smash?

I've searched and haven't seen anyone mention it, is this known?

I know we can jump with the bomb explosion but never knew we could stack it.

Last edited:

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
I think we can Down Tilt out of Morph Ball faster than we can Jab (bear in mind Jab is Frame 3 D-Tilt is Frame 6), I speculate this is because we're in a crouched state just as we come out of the Morph Ball animation

I made a (pretty poor) video to try and demonstrate this, so I'll need someone like @Depth_ to use their capture card to test it properly, but this is what I have for now

Here we can see a ghostish Samus on the right hand side (Jab Side) this is either because I was slightly ahead on that side or because holding down removes this animation.

Samus Has landed her D-Tilt whilst Jab is still in start up, despite being a slower move

Again I'm not sure this is too significant if it turns out to be true, but something good to know nonetheless

KayJay

Smash Ace
NNID
KayJay84
3DS FC
1848-1677-7521
Nice find, you're right and I allready captured it:

D-tilt hit's 4 frames earlier than jab after dropping a bomb.

Last edited:

RoachCake

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RoachCake
3DS FC
2621-3061-7090
Nice find, you're right and I allready captured it:

D-tilt hit's 4 frames earlier than jab after dropping a bomb.
Hey KayJay, think you could possibly test and record some things out of this for me?
It looks like we're basically just canceling a standing animation with a crouch, and I'm wondering what other things we could get out of it faster versus waiting for the standing animation to end, CS, Jump, Jab, and D-smash are the ones I'm curious about.

KayJay

Smash Ace
NNID
KayJay84
3DS FC
1848-1677-7521
Tested every move:
D-tilt & D-smash comes out faster, Missiles/CS and Jump doesn't.
But what I found is that you can spot dodge earlier than you can shield. That's something.

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
Actually you can 'crouch cancel' in to jab and i think the other things roach mentioned too, the easiest way i found to do it was to release the control stick whilst in the morph ball (or moving it left to right, just not holding down) then just before you come out of morph ball flicking down and entering whichever attack you want, im pretty sure you can buffer the attacks too, but again will need kayjays frame testing to ensure this

timing is strict on the jab, you need to immeditely hit A after flicking down

Last edited:

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
Video example of CC Jab out of bomb, first 2 i crouch cancel 3rd one i dont. ( CC Jab comes out so quick it doesnt stop us going in to morph ball from Bomb explosion, not sure if this is a good or bad thing)

Last edited:

RoachCake

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RoachCake
3DS FC
2621-3061-7090
Video example of CC Jab out of bomb, first 2 i crouch cancel 3rd one i dont. ( CC Jab comes out so quick it doesnt stop us going in to morph ball from Bomb explosion, not sure if this is a good or bad thing)

See I thought it might work, now we just need to figure out some situations this little tech could be used in, and all the other moves that are faster out of it.
Probably could be used when trying to cover your opponent's ledge getup options, make what you're going to do less obvious.

Last edited:

KayJay

Smash Ace
NNID
KayJay84
3DS FC
1848-1677-7521
Today I ended and won a Match in a tournament through the shield break to Dirty Bomb. It was so hype!! :eek:

Last edited:
Top Bottom