• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Well, I hope you get around to watching the most recent episode. It's something and I'll stop there.

While I'm at it, let me share you this musical "masterpiece"
I regret nothing.
Knowing the general storyline/plot of it, I think I will.

...well that was random. But now that it's brought up, I have heard that fine composition before. Truly it is a masterpiece among gaming music.
Seriously though how on Earth was a "song" like that even conceived? Whoever worked on it, what were they thinking?!

Not sure. It's certainly an amazing show. I also think it's good that it stopped at 2 seasons. Enough material to go through with ease, but not too much so re-watching becomes a pain. Milking the cow is also something that isn't a thing.

-NBM-
I'll always wonder what would have happened if it lasted for a third season, but with the way it did ultimately end, I'm content with the two seasons we got. It's a really wonderful show with an equally wonderful story.

A lot of other shows (especially animated ones) have suffered dramatic drops in quality as the seasons continued going for years and years, so I'm very glad this show was able to avoid that.

Last edited:

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

...well that was random. But now that it's brought up, I have heard that fine composition before. Truly it is a masterpiece among gaming music.
Seriously though how on Earth was a "song" like that even conceived? Whoever worked on it, what were they thinking?!
It truly is the king of all video game music with Hong Kong 97 trailing right behind it.
I don't think they were actually thinking anything while composing that. They probably just hit a bunch of random notes and scrambled them around until it sounded sort of like music. I'm trying to think of other games with bad soundtracks and the only other one coming to mind right now is Mega Man II on the Game Boy but that's because every track is pitched way too high although there are tracks where that it wouldn't make a difference like this one.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I'll always wonder what would have happened if it lasted for a third season, but with the way it did ultimately end, I'm content with the two seasons we got. It's a really wonderful show with an equally wonderful story.

A lot of other shows (especially animated ones) have suffered dramatic drops in quality as the seasons continued going for years and years, so I'm very glad this show was able to avoid that.
I wouldn't mind a spin-off featuring Stan and Ford, but for me, if it only lasted a couple of episodes, that'd be totally ok with me.

I think they'd work well as a comedy duo

-nbm-

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
20 Late replies.

It truly is the king of all video game music with Hong Kong 97 trailing right behind it.
I don't think they were actually thinking anything while composing that. They probably just hit a bunch of random notes and scrambled them around until it sounded sort of like music. I'm trying to think of other games with bad soundtracks and the only other one coming to mind right now is Mega Man II on the Game Boy but that's because every track is pitched way too high although there are tracks where that it wouldn't make a difference like this one.
When you brought that up I tried to think of video games with awful soundtracks as well, but for some reason I can't really think of any either.

I could probably think of a few select VG songs that I don't really like or find annoying, but that's about it.

I wouldn't mind a spin-off featuring Stan and Ford, but for me, if it only lasted a couple of episodes, that'd be totally ok with me.

I think they'd work well as a comedy duo

-nbm-
Agreed. That's be awesome.

I wouldn't mind any special episodes (like a holiday themed one even) later on, either. I think that could be fun.

18 so who all has seen S7E10?
I haven't....yet.

I have seen small bits and pieces of it however.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

When you brought that up I tried to think of video games with awful soundtracks as well, but for some reason I can't really think of any either.

I could probably think of a few select VG songs that I don't really like or find annoying, but that's about it.
Hold on, I found more like this one. And this one (Turn your volume down for this one).
so who all has seen S7E10?
*raises hand*

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Hold on, I found more like this one. And this one (Turn your volume down for this one).
Second one is just scratchy, but the first one..... sounds like a bunch of dying trumpets (not to mention that first note sounded like it was trying to build an atmosphere, then botched any attempt it might have actually made to deliver it).

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

Second one is just scratchy, but the first one..... sounds like a bunch of dying trumpets (not to mention that first note sounded like it was trying to build an atmosphere, then botched any attempt it might have actually made to deliver it).
That's the power of the director's cut (or well, the Dualshock one anyway). For reference, this is the track in the original version of RE1. Sounds a lot scarier, doesn't it?

Last edited:

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

This too sounds like a jumbled mess of 8bit sounds....

...at least this one is more upbeat and positive-sounding....? :lol:
Yup. Oh, and the song is the only thing that plays for the entirety of the game until the very end of it. So you're going to be hearing that over and over and over and over again until it drives you mad. And it will drive you mad with each and every failure, and you will fail a lot.

Here, something good. And what's this? More good music? Along with a nice oscilloscope view of what's going on in the song.
This talk of music is fitting considering my avatar lol

Luig

Confused
Speaking of your avatar
My sister's friend wants to teach me double bass sometime in the future, which would be super cool!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_bass
The bass is probably my favorite instrument in the violin family
probably because I really like jazz and the bass is the bass in basically ever jazz song.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Here's some good 8 bit music.
Pictionary.
Yeah.
Tim Follin is a god.
The most unfittingly epic hyping music for playing Pictionary.

Another good 8bit song that comes to mind is the Silver Surfer soundtrack. It's apparently an insanely difficult game, but it's music is great.

It's also a related video to the one you just posted (I swear it came to my mind before seeing it as a related video, this is coincidental) and apparently Tim Follin was a co-composer for that game, too. I'm just now finding about this, but yeah, I can't doubt he's an amazing composer.

Yup. Oh, and the song is the only thing that plays for the entirety of the game until the very end of it. So you're going to be hearing that over and over and over and over again until it drives you mad. And it will drive you mad with each and every failure, and you will fail a lot.

Here, something good. And what's this? More good music? Along with a nice oscilloscope view of what's going on in the song.
This talk of music is fitting considering my avatar lol
...well with that context given, the song suddenly sounds a whole lot worse.

(I thought of the Silver Surfer music just now too, partially thanks to the video in the above quote. I swear this is once again coincidental) That second one is also fantastic.

That didn't cross my mind until you mentioned it. It's perfect for the discussion lol (The musician ponies are still my favorites of the background pones, if they even still qualify as that).

Last edited:

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

...well with that context given, the song suddenly sounds a whole lot worse.
Reminds me of another game that did the same thing. Does this music sound familiar to you?
(I thought of the Silver Surfer music just now too, partially thanks to the video in the above quote. I swear this is once again coincidental) That second one is also fantastic.
The Robocop one had just 3 channels to work with but I remember something about being able to change what channel did what exactly and it made that sound versatile.

You know what? More good music, this time from the Mega Man game with my favorite soundtrack. And while I'm at it, a track that will probably get on your nerves.
That didn't cross my mind until you mentioned it. It's perfect for the discussion lol (The musician ponies are still my favorites of the background pones, if they even still qualify as that.)
No avatar could be more fitting than this and I really like it myself too. It took me forever to find this one too.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Literally the first thing that came to my head was "Indiana Jones".

The Robocop one had just 3 channels to work with but I remember something about being able to change what channel did what exactly and it made that sound versatile.

You know what? More good music, this time from the Mega Man game with my favorite soundtrack. And while I'm at it, a track that will probably get on your nerves.
And people say video game music isn't real music. :p

This stuff is great.

No avatar could be more fitting than this and I really like it myself too. It took me forever to find this one too.
It is a really nice drawing of her. Fanart, I assume?

Funny thing, the sega master system was stronger than the NES in every way but audio.
The NES had a better sound chip.
Huh, I never knew that. Cool fact!

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

Literally the first thing that came to my head was "Indiana Jones".
YUP, it more or less is.
And people say video game music isn't real music. :p

This stuff is great.
Indeed. Now I'm going to offset it with bad music like this (you do not have to listen to the whole 9 minutes, this was the best I could find).
And reset it with this, this, this, this, and this.
It is a really nice drawing of her. Fanart, I assume?
Yup. Really good fanart, at that.

Luig

Confused
Yesterday a few of my friends on discord that just got into mlp were using this thing to basically watch it in the same time while they were in a voice call and knowing that I used to watch it they asked me to watch it with them
I reluctantly agreed
We watched some episodes from season 4
Watching the show again for a little bit after so long gave me a kinda odd thing
What scares me is that I still remembered like everything exactly about how the episodes went
My memory is too good

Top Bottom