• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Board Plans

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Let's get it rolling:

here's the plan:

• The matchup thread is gonna start over. It's gonna use the xat chat a lot more now but will have threads and the like for information to be stored in.

• The FF and the Q&A are getting combined. They both serve the same purpose - asking questions, looking into setups, whatever... They can both combine to make one big lovely super thread.

• Because of this merge, there will be a separate directory. Could the directory go in the OP of the social thread and that be stickied? Or could it go straight into the new Q&A thread? What do people suggest here? I personally prefer the latter.

• The video thread and tourney one have already been merged.
tl;dr for this section: matchup xats, merging FF/QA threads, having a directory but not knowing where to put it... yadda yadda yadda...
_

Alright so now I wanna introduce some new threads and revive older ones that could pretty much lighten up some discussion here:

- social thread
*hedgedawg
- counterpicks and stage bans *zeldspazz
- community combo video *riot/half-split/bandit
- gallery and textures
*half-split
- GUIDE *kaylo?
- FFA thread - O THE HORROR
- sexy poses, the revival (or a brand new one) *Jiggz (we'll need to talk about things first though)
- an interview thread? Seems to be a trend lately...
- KILL --> aka a thread in response to the S/Z style of play, how can Zelda land one hit on character _____ etc etc...
- Mindgame/Reading related thread --> aka same as above except look at how Zelda tracks the opponent - more of a general tactical discussion thread where we can note down player reactions to situations Zelda can force. (Example being Pierce's reminder of jumping to Uair after Fthrow near the ledge etc etc...)

Feedback on these would be good, can I invite everyone to speak up on non-stickied threads they would like to see more of. Are there anymore to add? Take away? etc etc...

If there's a thread you want to claim/make, say it in here and I can update this OP with the thread you're claiming/making.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
It would be cool if people weren't scared to post in threads and actually have the balls to argue whenever an argument came up.

This sounds like a really good idea though.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Lol... the guide... we still don't have one >_> Kk I'll PM kaylo and find out the deal with that... also need to speak to a few peeps on the xat once my internet connection is finally fixed (stealing off the neighbour's right now and they don't know =p )

I think I mentioned to some people that I might make a thread where we can dump strategies inside, and then use some of the info to formulate things... might start that tomorrow.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Very nice Kata I'll try to help in any way I can.

Since I know I shouldn't really add to conversation with MUs and such I'll be willing to run and organize a few threads if it's ok with everyone. That way until I start going to tourneys I'll feel like I'm doing something.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Just close the boards. It's pointless nothing but a social gathering. No character development or discussion and there a constant argument from people which deter ppl from posting it's a waste.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
No offense AL in case you hadnt notice a good portion of it starts with you. Thats the only thing Im saying on the subject though, I wont let this turn into something we dont want :x

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Just close the boards. It's pointless nothing but a social gathering. No character development or discussion and there a constant argument from people which deter ppl from posting it's a waste.
I really don't understand the pessimism... At all.

Anyway, I'm liking this. I'll try and be more verbal but I'm not in enough anymore. I'll try to help out tho.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Seems like a bit too much clutter right now.

- counterpicks and stage bans
Should be done within actual matchup discussion. Considering that counterpicks and stage bans are matchup dependent, it's better to just kill to birds with one stone.

- community combo video
The problem with this is that you need someone from the get go that is willing to make the video. People can submit clips without a problem, but it's all pointless without someone's effort. If anything, you gotta find someone who can guarantee that they'll make the video if enough footage is gathered. Otherwise, the thread would be useless, no matter how much footage people submit.

- gallery and textures *half-split
Social thread?

- FFA thread - O THE HORROR
Couldn't the social thread be used?

- sexy poses, the revival (or a brand new one)
In all honesty, why not use the social thread? It's essentially the same thing.

- an interview thread? Seems to be a trend lately...
It would be interesting just to understand a little more about everyone, but mostly just for kicks. If this wants to be done quickly though, then all the voting related shenanigans needs to be cut out. You should just decide who to interview each week and just go with it.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
  • Because of this merge, there will be a separate directory. Could the directory go in the OP of the social thread and that be stickied? Or could it go straight into the new Q&A thread? What do people suggest here? I personally prefer the latter.
I stick by what I said earlier: the directory should have its own thread. In my opinion that's the most organized solution and would make finding and using it easy and simple, just like it should be. If the number of stickies were to ever become too big almost any other thread could also be destickied as long as the directory would stay.

However, if it will be a part of some other thread I think Q&A is a better choice.

Lol... the guide... we still don't have one >_> Kk I'll PM kaylo and find out the deal with that...
Good thing she never fails to answer personal messages on time...
/sarcasm

Since I know I shouldn't really add to conversation with MUs and such I'll be willing to run and organize a few threads if it's ok with everyone.
Same thing with me.

The problem with this is that you need someone from the get go that is willing to make the video.
Unless others object I can do this. However, the progress would most likely be very slow for the next few weeks, as I have some exams coming on that I really need to study for.

Social thread?
The problem is that with all the new additions the social thread would literally flood over with stuff. The OP of that place is already a huge mess, so including anything new there would make the information untraceable. This goes for all threads intended to provoke real tactical discussion.

Especially the FFA thread. That thing is just too pro.

It would be interesting just to understand a little more about everyone, but mostly just for kicks. If this wants to be done quickly though, then all the voting related shenanigans needs to be cut out. You should just decide who to interview each week and just go with it.
This I completely agree with. With the current size of the community everyone would get their turn soon enough, so the order wouldn't matter too much anyway.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I'll respond to everything very soon my internet is just being incredibly laggy

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
A community combo video sounds like something I would be interested in doing... but... I dunnoooooooooooo. School stops me from having time ever.

I guess if no one will do it I can do it sometime during next semester, I know thats far away but I need to do it during the school year so I can make it on their Adobe Premier installed Macs...

Bandit

Smash Lord
I can get a hacked version of Adobe Premier (who pays for anything?). I've been trying to gather all my vids together to do my own combo video. Depending on how it goes, I could definitely help make it or put it together.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Let's get cracking with LOTS of stuff then :)

@Combo Video stuff:
Riot, Bandit and Half-split... you can come together in this thread to organise this community combo video if you'd like... don't worry if you haven't got time now, as we'd need to submit clips and make preparations. Would each Zelda featured get a title track of their choice? Not sure how it'd work actually but having different musical styles and stuff I think could add to the whole dynamics of it! Basically I secretly want my spyro the dragon soundtrack to make in there LOL! /geek

@Eh and Half-Split
I can't quote you too well because of my current connection - but yeah basically we'll talk counterpicks and the such in the matchups. Is everyone cool with me starting a fresh thread here? (directed @everyone) Also... I'm a little bored of making matchup threads and then having to write up all the information so it would be very cool if different players made different exports, especially if they're experienced in said matchup so they have control over that particular matchup thread.

@Zeldspazz
That's absolutely fine :) Let me know what threads you're interested in and we get to talking about what can be done with that thread here (before you make it)

_

Also... it's quite clear that there isn't anything that accomodates for S/Z gameplay... Scary/Mars in particular I think this could be cool for both of you --> but yeah basically how does everyone feel about introducing a thread that discusses the last 2 mentioned threads in the OP.. the whole "how do I kill with Zelda from Sheik" and "Tracking the opponent - guide to get better @ reading" (or in other words a tactical discussion thread?

zeldspazz

Smash Master
I like that idea Kata about the S/Z discussion neither board has one and it's probably more likely for a Zelda to us Sheik than the other way around..so sounds good.

I'll do stage counterpicks since I already own that one and I'll take Sexy Poses if nobody cars I like discussing the moves.

Also Kata your Egyptian Zelda is beautiful ingame its my favorite texture!

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Riot, Bandit and Half-split... you can come together in this thread to organise this community combo video if you'd like...
I think I'll start a social group for the pre-planning and such. Then I can invite Bandit, Riot and anyone else interested in the production there to discuss the details before doing anything else. That way this thread won't be filled with all that stuff either.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
I'll do stage counterpicks since I already own that one and I'll take Sexy Poses if nobody cars I like discussing the moves.

Also Kata your Egyptian Zelda is beautiful ingame its my favorite texture!
Egyptian Zelda is mine, get your own slowgirl D:<

anyway, i can revive sexyposes, just so im contributing something to the boards

zeldspazz

Smash Master
GTFO JZ. *grumble grumble grumble*

On a serious note you can have Sexy Poses :x

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I think I'll start a social group for the pre-planning and such. Then I can invite Bandit, Riot and anyone else interested in the production there to discuss the details before doing anything else. That way this thread won't be filled with all that stuff either.
This is a great idea - let us know how it gets on and if you need to make a thread to gather clips you're more than welcome to. Timing wise there's no rush, so take your time.

Okay - so... can I have feedback on matchup stuffs please? Do we keep the old thread? Or make a brand new one? Or keep the old one but update it?

I think the sexy poses thread might have a struggle... it could die out purely for the fact that it's far into brawl now and most players can apply zelda's moves with some proficiency. I think if it does come back it needs to come back bigger and better... i.e. not just discussing Zelda's moves, but discussing them perhaps in a given context... like optimal moves against aerials or whatever, or "what moves best deal with this move"... whaddya say jiggs?
_

Egyptian Zelda has ungodly sweetspotting power. No joke. I'm going Limstella all the way now, with a touch of Beatrix :)
_

Let's name a few fun threads as well:

- community pictures?
- interviews? *Eh I think it'd suit you to run a thread like this imo =D
- ???

AzNfinesse

Smash Journeyman
@community combo vid: that'd be fun to do/work on/watch.

@kata: I think we should also update the zelda user profile section. considering most of those profiles are outdated or most of those zelda users have quit. etc, etc, etc.

and tinkerbell zelda is FTW.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
I see no problem with MrEh having the interview thread.

GTFO JZ. *grumble grumble grumble*
You forgot the STFU >=(

This is a great idea - let us know how it gets on and if you need to make a thread to gather clips you're more than welcome to. Timing wise there's no rush, so take your time.
Yeah, I'll make a thread for it sometime later. Most of the planning will be done in the social group I created, but everyone will get their saying on some things in the future thread. I'll also include the instructions for submitting the clips there.

@community combo vid: that'd be fun to do/work on/watch.
If you're interested in helping with it I can invite you to the social group too.

Okay - so... can I have feedback on matchup stuffs please? Do we keep the old thread? Or make a brand new one? Or keep the old one but update it?
No one seems to comment on this one...

IMO, there's no reason to get rid of the old
~ Zelda's Matchups ~ -thread as long as it's updated every now and then. With the specific threads for every character it doesn't really matter. If it's easier to make new threads instead of using the old ones then that should be done. It also doesn't really matter who owns the thread for a character in question, as long as he is experienced enough/otherwise qualified to lead the discussion and write the summary about that one MU.

- community pictures?
Could you specify this a little more? It's a little bit hard to understand from just two words alone.

Bandit

Smash Lord
STFU & GTFO could be the name of the Interview thread :)

Match-up data is probably fine for now. This board isn't buzzing with the match-up stuff like it was awhile ago, and if you make a new thread for it, you should link the old thread so people have a reference point.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
im in agreement on what HSS and Bandit said on it
I think the sexy poses thread might have a struggle... it could die out purely for the fact that it's far into brawl now and most players can apply zelda's moves with some proficiency. I think if it does come back it needs to come back bigger and better... i.e. not just discussing Zelda's moves, but discussing them perhaps in a given context... like optimal moves against aerials or whatever, or "what moves best deal with this move"... whaddya say jiggs?
kinda like what the peachs were doing with "how do deal with X characters B move." thread?

that could work and it might be better since it gives some more focus for at least a day or two. other than "this weeks move is A, what do we think about it?"
i'll see what i can do.

- community pictures?
- interviews? *Eh I think it'd suit you to run a thread like this imo =D
- ???
outdated pictures need updating
STFU & GTFO could be the name of the Interview thread :)
this

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Eh when can you start the interview thread? Make it ultra cheesy like we've been transported to the 80s plz

@Jiggs yes that sounds like a plan

Still want views on matchups... what are we doing in this department? I don't really want to run matchups to be perfectly honest because I get enough on my plate as it is but I don't mind making the hub thread where all matchups go into it because I'm a control freak like that you see... (or don't see lol)

Once we get a list of things going, I'll PM everyone letting them know what is expected and then we can all go from there.

@DM - the tourney and video thread... you reckon we can revive the critique section and have a space where the most recent videos go so people know new ones have been uploaded?

Late here guys so I'll respond more soon.

Scary/Mars or anyone who uses S/Z in tourney do you guys want a S/Z tactical discussion thread? I honestly think it could be a decent idea but I'd like ideas from you both as you visit this both halves of the boards.

_

so tired... ignore all the mistakes =)

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
The guide will be done soon after I get a computer again..... I'd say it's ~75% done. I've just been lazy + waiting to settle before I work on it again, but, meh, life never works out the way you want it to! So I'm just gonna get to work and finish it once my new comp gets in.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
A myth and a dream!

Most people've seen the first draft, which is pretty legit already, but there was a lot of editing that needed to be done on certain sections. ;;

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Also yeah Kaylo I saw the first draft and it's mahoooosive! Any chance we can cut out all the conjecture and make as factually based as possible? It's so heavy reading from a screen

also hi :)

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Yeah, I've been trying to cut it down, but there's not.... THAT much extra. ><

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I'd be glad to work on a tactical guide but to be honest, I wouldn't even know where to begin lol! I could have it done shortly since I got spring break coming up.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
It could just be an open discussion in a thread in which we look at how the duo perform against each character or how Zelda goes in for the kill? Not so sure =(

Top Bottom