• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Blazblue Mafia: Game Over! Ouroboros Breaks the Cycle

Takamagahara

Smash Apprentice

Welcome to Blazblue Mafia
The world of Blazblue is held together in a process called the Continuum Shift, where the world repeats itself over and over... through slightly different iterations each time. The world has gone through many realities, this is only one of them. Join us on this adventure of discovery.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

This is a complex closed setup with no special rules. If you sign up, know that what you're signing up for is not a basic game. We've tried our best to create a fun, interesting, and balanced experience; although there is some factor of swing in this setup. The three players behind this account are Ryker, Dietz, and Laundry. Any time this account or any of our individual accounts post in thread it should be treated as the word of God.

Without further ado, we need 15 signups to get this show on the road. The faster you sign, the sooner we can get role PMs out.

Last edited:

Takamagahara

Smash Apprentice
[collapse=Rules]Fundamentals
1. Disputes with and private questions for me should be handled through PM or instant messaging. If you notice that I have made a simple mistake or if you have a simple question, please address them in the thread in bold.
2. Dead men tell no tales. Once you have died in the game, you are dead (unless, later, I tell you you're not). Dead players are not allowed to make any more posts in the thread for any reason whatsoever. No communication about this game is allowed with non-players or players who are dead, even if you yourself are dead. (If you are dead, you may not discuss the game with anyone who is currently playing, even if you could while you were alive.)
3. Unless your role PM specifically allows you the power, you are not to communicate with anyone about this game outside of this game thread. This includes posting content outside of the game thread and linking to it in the game thread. If your role PM does allow you this power, you are to post all conversations in the quick topic. Copy paste instant messages. They're amusing.
4. Editing your posts is not allowed.
5. I reserve the right to deny anyone from signing up/replacing.
6. Personally attacking another player is not allowed.
7. You are not allowed to quote any mod communication of any kind, real or fake, to anyone. You must paraphrase all information you wish to claim. You are not allowed to post or refer to any images in your role PM, nor may you post metadata about mod PMs in an attempt to break the game (e.g., message ID in the URL, time of day the message was sent, etc.).
8. Do not attempt to post generally unreadable or hidden text, as by changing the text color to match or resemble the page background. (Spoiler tags are allowed because they are easily noticeable. This rule is not meant to disallow breadcrumbing within the visible text of a message.)
9. You may not use ciphers, encryption, or similar techniques.
10. You must post in English.
11. Breaking any sort of posting restriction will result in a punishment of having a permanent vote on you, meaning you take one less to lynch. These punishments can never kill you alone, but one vote and many punishments can.

Voting and Lynching
1. Each Day, you may vote for a player to be lynched using a bold vote command. For example, vote: Ryker.
2. To unvote, use the command unvote. For example, unvote vote: Gova.
3. No lynch is a viable lynch choice and a majority will end the Day without a lynch. For example, vote: No Lynch.
4. The Day will end when a majority lynch is decided or a pre-set deadline has been reached. If deadline is reached without a majority lynch decided, there will be no lynch.
5. After the majority lynch has been decided but before the lynch scene is posted, there will be a Twilight phase. Everyone can post in this phase, including the lynch majority target. After the lynch scene is posted, the game will move to Night.
6. There is no posting in this thread during the Night phase.

Activity and Deadline
1. You are required to post every 48 hours. If you fail to do so, you will be prodded. An accumulation of too many prods over the course of the game (however many I think that is) will result in your punishment, replacement or a modkill depending on the circumstances. When feasible, I will tell you if I'm considering replacing/modkilling you. If you will be inactive for an extended period of time, you must notify me in advance. Unexcused or particularly long absences may result in your replacement or modkill.
2. We will have strict day cycles set on 6-days in real life. The town must stay active and be willing to punish inactive players if they hope to succeed.
3. I do not expect to grant deadline extensions, barring extenuating circumstances. In the event I need to replace a player, I may extend the deadline to accommodate the new player. Certain game events may also result in a change of deadline.
4. Nights will generally last approximately 48 hours. If you have a Night action and do not wish to use it, please send me a PM to that effect, lest I have to wait until the deadline for naught.

Special Notes
1. I confirm the absence of the following roles: Lyncher, Jester, Takamagahara, Contract Kitty Killer, Town Flying Pumpkin that Shoots Lasers out of her Ass
2. I would like to actively encourage everyone to pressure players that are inactive and punish them by lynching them if necessary. I will replace players that need to be replaced, but the town shouldn't let that be an excuse to let players get away with staying quiet. [/b][/collapse]

[collapse=Warning]This game will have large chunks of flavor that will not correlate 1:1 with the facts in the game. Do not try to scumhunt based on which characters do what in the story as it will get you slaughtered. Things that are important for you to know will be Bolded And Colored. You will find all relevant information will have that format. The flavor is there to enhance the experience and we do not want it sending players down false trails.[/collapse]

[collapse="Sample Role PM"]

Welcome to Blazblue Mafia.

You are Relius, Town #1 Dad

You just love your son! You love your son SO much, that you made sure his favorite sister would last forever and ever! Gone are the days where poor Carl was denied in his quest to get Ada to play Yahtzee with him. Yahtzee.exe is infallible! You know he can get a little ornery with you sometimes... but it's just one of those "phases" that boys go through. Thick or thin, you're there for Carl in the end. Because you're the world's #1 Dad at any cost ...in this Continuum Shift at least.

Active Abilities:

Doting Father
You may visit your son once each night phase and tell him how proud you are of him. The answer is always so proud!

Passive Abilities:

#1 Dad
Anyone who investigates you will also be told that you are mod-confirmed the world's #1 Dad.

Restrictions:
You must find one member of thread each day willing to take the time to look at the pictures of your wonderful and happy family you keep safe in your wallet.

Win Condition:
You are town aligned and win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

[/collapse]

Signups:
1. Orboknown
2. Raziek
3. Maven
4. Red Ryu
5. Nabe
6. Chaco
7. Bardull
8. Gorf
9. JeXs
10. Soup Joey
11. Glyph
12. Werekill
13. Kantrip
14. Rake
15. We Thuggin (Marshy + Sold2)

Replacements:
1. Joey
2. Xonar

[collapse="Important Posts"]
Rebel 1 Begins

Werekill Executed

Night 1 Begins

Rebel 2 Begins

Night 2 Begins

Rebel 3 Begins

Night 3 Begins

Rebel 4 Begins

Night 4 Begins

Rebel 5 Begins

Night 5 Begins

[/collapse]

[collapse="Living and Dead Players (Spoilers)"]

Alive:
1. Raziek
2. Red Ryu
3. Jexs
4. Soup Joey
5. Kantrip

Dead:
Werekill: Bang, Town Hero of Love and Justice executed D1
Chaco: Kokonoe, Town Mason slain N1
Gorf: Azrael, Town Mad Dog Jailer lynched D2
Orboknown: Hazama, Town Disabler slain N2
Maven: Taokaka, Mafia Janitor slain N2
Bardull and Nabe, The Black Beast lynched D3
We Thuggin: Town Ladykiller slain N3
Rake: Jin, Mafia Hero lynched D4
Glyph: Rachel, Mafia Flavor Cop lynched D5
[/collapse]

Last edited:

JeXs

Smash Champion
Still thinking about whether I should join this...

Takamagahara

Smash Apprentice
It's a bit more complex than most, but it's still mafia: find the scum and the pieces will fall into place. You'll just have to think harder than usual about roles and claims; if you're willing to do that then there's no reason you can't join.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer

o yu heard that i was ballin bruh?

chaco i am gonna play in dis ***** but im waitin for it to fill so i can hydra

THIS IS NOT YUR CUE TO FIGHT WITH THE MOD OVER HYDRA INCLUSION LIKE RAREFACTION

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Pretty sure that's how the rule should almost always be. This ensures I fill the game and it's 15 man, so that's doubly important.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I agree that should always be the rule. The only problem is if everyone waits for it to fill, then it wont fill. You feel?

Chaco

Never Logs In
**** I'll /in I guess.

I shafted my games on MafiaScum cause **** em

BarDulL

Town Vampire
mid terms and recruiting is over so i will

/In

BUT

i will have finals sometime around december, so my activity won't be so great around then, but otherwise i'm good to go.

Takamagahara

Smash Apprentice
You made the right choice :p

OVER HALFWAY THERE FOLKS

If you feel like maybe you want to play but aren't sure or are holding out for a hydra, make up your mind soon. Realistically speaking this will be the next or second next game to fill.

Last edited:

JeXs

Smash Champion
Might try to get a friend who likes blazblue try this out.

EDIT: nvm he doesn't understand mafia

Last edited:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
If that is the case, then I have 15. My 15th, however, only wishes to play if the game has not found another by the end of tomorrow. That is how much time I will be allotting for players to get hydras in order if they wished to play with someone outside of these 15.

I will sending Role PMs out at some point tomorrow afternoon.

You may still ask for the 15th spot and if you wish to play.

Top Bottom