• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Blazblue Mafia Extend: Game Over - NYANCAT In Charge!

BarDulL

Town Vampire
?

I'm confused at this line and willing to give the benefit of the doubt to typo, but I'm looking at the bold quite strangely.

And you're a butthead for your insistence on side-stepping my question in a numerous fashion of manners. Especially with your most recent "Cuz I did" as the main reasoning at this point it seems so I am not getting anywhere with you on answering me.
No, that isn't a typo. Thug made a big read post, a portion of which was dedicated to yours truly with respect to him thinking I'm Town. I was making a joke.

I also thought this was pretty obvious to me, so I'm not intentionally trying to 'side step' your question, but if there WAS a scum roleblocker, it would be a good idea for Town to know about it. It also may or may not allude to my claim later on and why certain

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Sparky, let's chit-chat if you are around. Tell me your top 3 scum-picks and throw a vote on one of them for toDay.
Sorry, I went to bed right after posting that. My top 3 scum leans at the moment are Zaixl and Glyph for reasons I mentioned yesterday, and the Fanny because his play this game seems drastically different from the only other game I've played with him and I don't really see anything of significance that came from his slot D1. I really want to give Zaixl a vote, but I also want to give his slot another chance when the new person replaces in. I'd vote Glyph so he's have to get his butt in here, but I feel like if I voted him right now, the WIFOM garbage surrounding the first shot would crop up again and waste everyone's time. I'll definitely look into hin later today, but for now, I'll do this:

Vote: Fanny

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Honestly, having looked things over again, I don't think Fandango's play is bad. These posts stuck out to me in passing though with respect to him pushing in the direction of certain slots but essentially keeping his hands clean.

Like this one. The language heavily implies disagreement with a doubtful tone, and this was when pressure was being exerted on J in the early game, but he didn't throw his vote down when the language suggests that it would have made sense to him to throw a vote down here.
What disagreement? There's no "disagreement" to be had because J wasn't making any argument there. He made what I thought was a dumb and pointless question, hence the tone, I was trying to get an answer, and a read, out of him.

This question is loaded because the word 'mechanical' suggests that Thug's post is flawed to begin with. I don't know, just small things like this that stood out to me. I think Thug is fine, for the record.
"Mechanical" Suggest Thug was looking at the game from a perspective that ignores player's intents and thread context, try again.

I also didn't like that he was trying to chalk up Glyph's actions to WIFOM and to subsequently label them null, but still push the slot regardless. Frankly, just about anything in Mafia can be construed as WIFOM, what really matters in the end is being able to discern which side makes more sense.
I know you can read Bardul, so read again. I didn't chalk up his actions to WIFOM I was telling everyone else NOT TO because everyone keeps saying "why would Scum!Glyph put so much attention on himself?" A textbook-definition WIFOM approach, something that you are STILL doing with this slot.

This is a legitimate post, but this also seems to contradict Fandango's stance on Glyph's early play being too WIFOMy to label as either alignment.
Invalid, given the above.

Given that myself and Maven are Town, this is also a bothersome post.
lmao, me trying to bounce off Laundry to get better reads on him, and his targets is bothersome just because you are part of the question? Please.

I don't have Glyph or Thug as scum at the moment, so this stark contrast in reads is worrisome to me.
Startk reads doesn't mean much., just as having similar reads with someone else shouldn't mean much either. How is this worrisome? Why act now instead of before?

Here's another thing. I honestly don't believe Glyph had any intentions on leading Town's focus, because he blatantly used an ability that had the potential to kill J. Why, at any point, would Glyph expect anyone to follow his lead? He would have to be a fool to not expect an outcome semblant to what has occurred here; no one is interested in seeing him lead, and he was put in a position of heavy suspicion. Poetry.
He doesn't have to do a damn thing to "lead" once he has set the seeds and the rest of thread moves in motion, specially considering that if he is scum, his teamates would do that for him.

I just think it's raunchy that Fandango claims my approach to the Glyph predicament is WIFOM, but then he turns around and puts his own spin on it and says "Glyph is still scum despite the fact that I stated that Glyph's actions can be looked at as being done by either alignment."
what

My obvious problem with this vote is that the vote isn't well substantiated and is obviously going to be excused as policy. I mean, based on Fandango's previous interactions with Maven, I feel like Town Fandango would have stepped in at some point to help Maven, especially since Maven's initial approach to Glyph (which is what got Maven lynched) is essentially the same exact approach Fandango had to the Glyph slot.

I'm comfortable with my vote at this point in time.
You conveniently leave out that it was about 1 hour to deadline, Maven had 6 votes, and Glyph had 3. No one else was gunning for glyph, it was either vote Maven, or risk a no lynch. Get out of of here with this nonsense.

FullMetalLynch

anomandaris_rake|orboknown
Bardull if you honestly believe you played well enough yesterday to merit scum role blocking you of all players N1, you're denser than I ever imagined possible.

And unless you're about to claim town lightning rod who somehow soaked the kill and got role blocked in some sorta weird bull**** NA priority cluster**** I highly doubt whatever you did or didn't do last night is worth the hype you've given it as leading to why things went how they did.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Sorry, I went to bed right after posting that. My top 3 scum leans at the moment are Zaixl and Glyph for reasons I mentioned yesterday, and the Fanny because his play this game seems drastically different from the only other game I've played with him and I don't really see anything of significance that came from his slot D1. I really want to give Zaixl a vote, but I also want to give his slot another chance when the new person replaces in. I'd vote Glyph so he's have to get his butt in here, but I feel like if I voted him right now, the WIFOM garbage surrounding the first shot would crop up again and waste everyone's time. I'll definitely look into hin later today, but for now, I'll do this:

Vote: Fanny
I'mma need some major citations on that Fanny claim.

:186:

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Honestly, having looked things over again, I don't think Fandango's play is bad. These posts stuck out to me in passing though with respect to him pushing in the direction of certain slots but essentially keeping his hands clean.

Like this one. The language heavily implies disagreement with a doubtful tone, and this was when pressure was being exerted on J in the early game, but he didn't throw his vote down when the language suggests that it would have made sense to him to throw a vote down here.

This question is loaded because the word 'mechanical' suggests that Thug's post is flawed to begin with. I don't know, just small things like this that stood out to me. I think Thug is fine, for the record.

I also didn't like that he was trying to chalk up Glyph's actions to WIFOM and to subsequently label them null, but still push the slot regardless. Frankly, just about anything in Mafia can be construed as WIFOM, what really matters in the end is being able to discern which side makes more sense.

This is a legitimate post, but this also seems to contradict Fandango's stance on Glyph's early play being too WIFOMy to label as either alignment.

Given that myself and Maven are Town, this is also a bothersome post.

I don't have Glyph or Thug as scum at the moment, so this stark contrast in reads is worrisome to me.

Here's another thing. I honestly don't believe Glyph had any intentions on leading Town's focus, because he blatantly used an ability that had the potential to kill J. Why, at any point, would Glyph expect anyone to follow his lead? He would have to be a fool to not expect an outcome semblant to what has occurred here; no one is interested in seeing him lead, and he was put in a position of heavy suspicion. Poetry.

I just think it's raunchy that Fandango claims my approach to the Glyph predicament is WIFOM, but then he turns around and puts his own spin on it and says "Glyph is still scum despite the fact that I stated that Glyph's actions can be looked at as being done by either alignment."

My obvious problem with this vote is that the vote isn't well substantiated and is obviously going to be excused as policy. I mean, based on Fandango's previous interactions with Maven, I feel like Town Fandango would have stepped in at some point to help Maven, especially since Maven's initial approach to Glyph (which is what got Maven lynched) is essentially the same exact approach Fandango had to the Glyph slot.

I'm comfortable with my vote at this point in time.
If anything, the consistency to the WIFOM argument as an explanation of "why would Glyfe do this scum" and an earnest interest to that slot reads far more townie than Maven's silly backpedal and is a significant reason the latter got lynched despite similarities in their play. Regardless, I don't like the "well this isn't as bad as I thought" despite your vote remaining and you going through the wall and still explaining why you think he's scum. It fits right in with that "clean play" image.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I want to hear from Glyph today. I believe he said he was going to either do another day-shot or explain how it works, or something. He kind of dropped out yesterday and didn't contribute much after his initial J thingy. A man used his dying breaths and asked us to look at Glyph, so I think we should.

But I wish people would stop with the "You dumb sheeple" crap, and just help convince us of his guilt.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I don't have enough time to get my hands completely dirty but the one thing I'd like to see someone follow-up on is bardull claiming one of the glyph voters is scum; unless fanny is one of them.

The disparity between the fact everyone is treating the maven lynch like it never happened (I haven't seen a single person chime in on how it went down or if scum was on it) and the fact there was nothing that happened last night leaves a sour taste I my mouth especially the people who are defaulting right back on glyph almost immediately. It's bull****.

J is less of a concern after re-read and I'm going to look at him more at face value, and I have other things I want to talk about and do when I can get on a computer.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I'mma need some major citations on that Fanny claim.

Based on Revivial of DGames D1, Fanny posted 43 times, a vast majority of which were legitimate questions that others didn't ask, observations that progressed the game along, or stating his viewpoint on how the game has progressed thus far. In D1 of this game, however,
*Goes back and checks*
Fanny posted 39 times, and... uh... a vast majority of those questions were legitimate questions that others didn't ask, observations that progressed the game along, or stating his viewpoint on how the game has progressed thus far.

I guess it just felt like he contributed more D1 of DGames because I was the scrubby kid that didn't know how to play Mafia well and thus got questioned by him a lot. Also, Fanny spread out his content more evenly this game (because of pretty much no RVS) and had a big burst of content the last few real-life days of DGames D1.

Carry on.

Unvote

#HBC | ѕoup

Why did you fold on fanny so quickly? You sounded quite adamant on the slot coming into the day. I can understand switching reads but you sorta did nothing with it in the first place. Is glyph still top priority for you?

#HBC | ѕoup

Tell me how posting number and the difference of it was telling to you. That's extremely weak from the start and I've seen you more fired about glyph but this seemed a lot like a hand wave.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Laundry do you feel any different about soup today from yesterday
Kinda sorta not really? I'm curious as to why J 180'd on him so quickly but given the circumstances of it I'd rather not press further. Regardless, I still think he and Bardull are my priority picks coming into today, I just haven't gotten moving yet. You'll see me tonight almost certainly.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Based on Revivial of DGames D1, Fanny posted 43 times, a vast majority of which were legitimate questions that others didn't ask, observations that progressed the game along, or stating his viewpoint on how the game has progressed thus far. In D1 of this game, however,
*Goes back and checks*
Fanny posted 39 times, and... uh... a vast majority of those questions were legitimate questions that others didn't ask, observations that progressed the game along, or stating his viewpoint on how the game has progressed thus far.

I guess it just felt like he contributed more D1 of DGames because I was the scrubby kid that didn't know how to play Mafia well and thus got questioned by him a lot. Also, Fanny spread out his content more evenly this game (because of pretty much no RVS) and had a big burst of content the last few real-life days of DGames D1.

Carry on.

Unvote
Thank you Spak.

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
I don't have enough time to get my hands completely dirty but the one thing I'd like to see someone follow-up on is bardull claiming one of the glyph voters is scum; unless fanny is one of them.

The disparity between the fact everyone is treating the maven lynch like it never happened (I haven't seen a single person chime in on how it went down or if scum was on it) and the fact there was nothing that happened last night leaves a sour taste I my mouth especially the people who are defaulting right back on glyph almost immediately. It's bull****.

J is less of a concern after re-read and I'm going to look at him more at face value, and I have other things I want to talk about and do when I can get on a computer.
lol that lynch was ofc bad. There was practically no way he was scum because A. he had the same reads as me B. came up with them naturally with read progression in thread. We had the same reads in our Newbie game together as town and basically won the game by working with each other.

From that push, Laundry is probs town for pushing the most, Raziek for actually pointing out the one scummy thing about Maven. Otherwise, the rest seem pretty scummy off of it.

FullMetalLynch

lol that lynch was ofc bad. There was practically no way he was scum because A. he had the same reads as me B. came up with them naturally with read progression in thread. We had the same reads in our Newbie game together as town and basically won the game by working with each other.

From that push, Laundry is probs town for pushing the most, Raziek for actually pointing out the one scummy thing about Maven. Otherwise, the rest seem pretty scummy off of it.
Having the same reads (or vastly different reads) means absolutely nothing. Jussayin

#HBC | ѕoup

"he wasn't scum because he had the same reads but I voted him anyways"

What? I know a lot of people are going to claim they were trying to Prevent NL but I dislike you among anyone just defaulting back to glyph, unless you believe that only town voted maven.

#HBC | ѕoup

Laundry was wrong and that's a sole reason he should be getting more attention. He spearheaded a lynch on a townie and you should be considering if it was just a scum setting up a ML or a town simply wrong. You didn't seem to do either of that.

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
"he wasn't scum because he had the same reads but I voted him anyways"

What? I know a lot of people are going to claim they were trying to Prevent NL but I dislike you among anyone just defaulting back to glyph, unless you believe that only town voted maven.
I never voted Maven. Hello?

FullMetalLynch

Laundry was wrong and that's a sole reason he should be getting more attention. He spearheaded a lynch on a townie and you should be considering if it was just a scum setting up a ML or a town simply wrong. You didn't seem to do either of that.
Whos this directed to

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
I do have to go back and see his reasoning on Maven, but he was one of the first people to scum read Maven and the primary pusher behind his lynch. Laundry actually believed in his push and it makes more sense for Mafia to sneak into the lynch line later on seeing how the Maven wagon was gaining steam at that time.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Why did you fold on fanny so quickly? You sounded quite adamant on the slot coming into the day. I can understand switching reads but you sorta did nothing with it in the first place. Is glyph still top priority for you?
Because my main concern with the slot was inconsistency of playstyle between a confirmed townie Fanny and a currently playing, unconfirmed Fanny. I was adamant because I remembered very little about his slot from this game (even after re-reading) and still remember a TON from RoDG, but when I went back and tried to see what the big differences were, I couldn't find any huge discrepancies. The only substantial differences I saw were the distribution of content throughout the day (because we exited RVS so quickly this game) and he seemed to use his vote slightly more in this game, whereas in the other one he tried to seem impartial about everything.
Tell me how posting number and the difference of it was telling to you. That's extremely weak from the start and I've seen you more fired about glyph but this seemed a lot like a hand wave.
I would've voted Glyph, but that might have brought up the gun WIFOM and wasted more of everyone's time (I planned refrain from switching my vote to him until halfway through the day so that we ). I would've voted Zaixl, but he's replacing out and I want to give the new guy (if there will be one) a chance to read up before barraging his slot. I was voting for my third suspect, which when Laundry told me to go back and fact-check, I was wrong about.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I do have to go back and see his reasoning on Maven, but he was one of the first people to scum read Maven and the primary pusher behind his lynch. Laundry actually believed in his push and it makes more sense for Mafia to sneak into the lynch line later on seeing how the Maven wagon was gaining steam at that time.
Unless scum knew you were going to perceive it that way.

Water to WIFOM.

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
Was to moosy.

The point still stands that reading someone as town just because they think the same is good.
Yes and I said not to vote for Maven during the limited time that I had at deadline.

...I don't know what you're trying to say. You're literally saying I should have done what I actually did while saying I never did it.

#HBC | ѕoup

Mafia push bad lynches all the time, along with townie jumping on them. This is a one-sided way of looking at things that won't get us anywhere. I really have given you the most benefit of the doubt this game as I believe most of the things you say are so fortright that it couldn't possibly be a scum trying to play appearances, much like you claiming that maven was town because he agreed with you. That line of logic would get you killed if you had more experience.

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
Okay so soup is saying I v
Mafia push bad lynches all the time, along with townie jumping on them. This is a one-sided way of looking at things that won't get us anywhere. I really have given you the most benefit of the doubt this game as I believe most of the things you say are so fortright that it couldn't possibly be a scum trying to play appearances, much like you claiming that maven was town because he agreed with you. That line of logic would get you killed if you had more experience.
It's strange because my apparently terrible line of logic is netting me all the right reads while the rest of you are floundering.

I'm also giving you the benefit of doubt because you literally just said I voted for Maven, went for his lynch, and didn't try to push elsewhere which is exactly the opposite of what I did. There is absolutely no way you could have read my EoD behavior in this way. Like what?

Top Bottom