• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Blazblue Mafia Extend: Game Over - NYANCAT In Charge!

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
So if Maven flips town.

>EE get shot out of the gate in mario party, town implodes on itself focusing on that.
>Gorf shoots Ryker/Raz out of the gate and revenge gets lynched for it then town loses off that.

>Glyph does it here, if maven flips town I am going to add this onto my list of,

"Hey this is why Dayvig is a either a ****ty role or why shooting out of the gate is really awful"
Wut.

Glyph taking his shot has very little to do with Maven getting lynched.

Maven got lynched for backpedalling like a professional unicyclist.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Wut.

Glyph taking his shot has very little to do with Maven getting lynched.

Maven got lynched for backpedalling like a professional unicyclist.
If he is town, his actions still spawned from it.

A lot of people here want Glyph dead since he took the shot, and reacted as they did poorly. This is just a trend I see with day 1 vig shots.

Out of game observation more so, that and I'm sick of everyone else roiling day vig and doing something really stupid with it.

Takamagahara

Smash Apprentice

BEEP..... BEEP...... BEEP...... BEEP.....

This is the Kagutsuchi emergency alert system. I am Relius Clover, and from where I am looking out my office window, it appears there is a vigilante mob acting in the streets at this moment. We, unfortunately, cannot locate our cameras at the moment. I can, however, guarantee you there is a dead body down there. In the morning, we will be certain to bring you a more accurate report on today's events. Wait, one moment. Is that? IT IS! That dead body is none other than our lead cameraman and lead camera! We'll have to get a new one before tomorrow's broadcast!

Maven, Lambda-11, Town Self Watcher, has been lynched.

Day 2 is scheduled to begin on Monday morning, but if one more Day will enable Dietz's return, then I will be waiting for Tuesday to open the thread. Please try to send in all Night Actions before Sunday, 10/25 at midnight Eastern.

Last edited:

Takamagahara

Smash Apprentice
(I was able to return from my family emergency in time, thanks for your patience -Dietz)

Day 2 Begins!
With 14 alive it takes 8 to Lynch!
1. Orboknown + Rake (FullMetalLynch)
2. J
3. Soup
4. Bardilicious
5. Red Ryu
6. Raziek
7. Mal_Thug
8. Laundry
9. Fandangox
10. DtJ Glyphmoney
11. Spak
12. MooseyDoosey
13. SlickWylde
14. Zaixl
Day 2 Deadline is Midnight Eastern Time, Friday the 30th!

Zaixl has requested a replacement (and Cpat copped out as our replacement). We will keep you updated as we search for one.

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
No NK? Good job to whoever Doc/Roleblocker/whoever-else-it-could-be.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Well that is definitely lucky. I wanted a body for more connections, but I will continue onward because Maven gave me some things to look into. (though I was gonna read more tomorrow) I'm gonna start the phase with a vote, but my eyes are currently on 3-4 people at the moment.

Vote: #HBC | soup

Let's talk more, shall we? What do you make of Moosy? Zaixl is replacing out, what do you make of the slot nontheless after what transpired yesterDay.

BarDulL BarDulL : Where are your eyes at specifically? If you say only Zaixl, I'll bop you over the head with whatever is close to me.

Raziek Raziek : I tried looking over your posts from D1 and nothing really got across as you scum-hunting. You are definitely someone I am looking into and want to form a communication line so that I may decide whether or not you really were just coasting through D1 or not.

#HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu : Sorry about pressuring you yesterDay. I wanted you to come out and play and I think I see your intentions finally so thank you for that. You're gucci in my book for now. Are you still looking at Moosy for toDay though? I find that route to be undesirable presently even after looking over things.

Day 2 is my favorite day in mafia, that and endgame so leggo!

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Concerned about multiple things before I delve into whatever you're asking me. Also it's late and I got work tommorow.

#HBC | ѕoup

J, do you think that conspicuous fog post was the reason nothing happened? Let's just say this is somewhat tailored to my interests and you'd be helping me deletion my read on you based on the response.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
If I am being completely honest, I did not make much of the "conspicuous fog" post and I honestly do not find it pertaining to the "no NK" and thought it was moreso letting us more into the Indy like FML suggested at the end of the Day Phase.

Overall, I had forgotten/didn't think of that until you just mentioned it.

#HBC | ѕoup

Wouldn't there be an abduction though or some sort of indy action at the least? The night went by like it literally never happened

Zaixl

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3711-9422-4918
Sorry bout the swap guys, I simply can't keep up with fifteen players. My usual games are on a forum that's fairly dead and I'm not used to four pages a day. ^^;
I'll try and play until someone steps up as sub, however, and will be signing on to smaller games in the future.
Questions at this time?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
True, but that's the thing. We have no evidence of anything currently, NAs could be a player, red herrings are also a fun creative device, but overall until something concrete happens, we have nothing to base any conjecture off of until we get that evidence out in the open. For now, we do have tools to investigate in the open though. This is a very mechanical view, but I don't deal with indies until I absolutely have to.

You seem piqued with curiosity about this "fog" thing and I'm somewhat itching to know what you have under your nose.

#HBC | ѕoup

I do but I want to wait and see if someone is going to claim responsibility beyond that.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I will be that person and say to double check things and make sure everything is conclusive before doing things.

I do not want a repeat of yesterDay being so muddled with one key action that nothing else can be found from the day until the very end.

#HBC | ѕoup

Then forgive me for being antsy on possibly making this day easier if I can confirm what the hell happened.

#HBC | ѕoup

Meh you're probably right and I'm looking too far into without confirmation because I just thought about how it doesn't really confirm anything. I got anxious thinking I had a bingo before the number was called lol

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I got roleblocked.

Vote: Fandangox

Remember not being very fond of this slot. I feel like he had been trying to push lynches on Glyph/J/Maven on the side but I didn't really like any of the pushes.

You know I semi-hate you at this moment on an in-game level?

Unvote
Vote: Bardull
What's your case?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
If it was truly clean, then my vote wouldn't be where it is.

Let's keep chit-chatting Bardull because I find that what you said about Fanny has a glaring error in it. Actually 2 big ones.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
If it was truly clean, then my vote wouldn't be where it is.

Let's keep chit-chatting Bardull because I find that what you said about Fanny has a glaring error in it. Actually 2 big ones.
I'll indulge your 'two big errors', but you'll need to indulge what was wrong with my play previously. Deal?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Sure thing! That sounds fair enough.

First question though, why did you make the notion that anyone voting Glyph yesterDay near the end was scummy?

Hinging question: If Fanny was truly pushing Glyph, why would he be pushing me as well? State your logic behind believing that or quote where Fanny explicitly stated as such.

Scaffolding question: What was Fanny's Maven vote-post like?

I will also say that you forgot a name completely in Fanny's investigative trail. I would say this is bigger for me because I questioned him specifically on that slot. Can you name that slot?

Thanks in advanced Bardull.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I will ask this as well. Why call the vote "garbage" when it is only one vote on you out of the 8 needed to lynch you? That strikes me as a tad odd especially since I am the only vote on the board at the moment.

It looks like you are trying to discredit my vote before I have even said anything truly about you to back it up.

Sorry Bardull, but I think you are my target for toDay's sake.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Alsoooooo

Can you tell us all why you thought it good to state that you were RB'd coming into the thread?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
First question though, why did you make the notion that anyone voting Glyph yesterDay near the end was scummy?
Honestly, I still feel that Glyph doing what he did was just too anti-town to be blatant scum. I don't actually think everyone voting for the slot at any point in time are scum, I'm saying that Glyph is an easy lynch because of how blatantly bat-**** ******** Glyph was going into the game. I'll concede I could be wrong, but I don't think so at the moment.

His absence is bothering me though, and he should get in here to voice where he thinks we should go.

Hinging question: If Fanny was truly pushing Glyph, why would he be pushing me as well? State your logic behind believing that or quote where Fanny explicitly stated as such.
I'll address this in my BarWalL coming up.

Scaffolding question: What was Fanny's Maven vote-post like?
Same to this.

I will also say that you forgot a name completely in Fanny's investigative trail. I would say this is bigger for me because I questioned him specifically on that slot. Can you name that slot?
What does this have to do with my read on Fandango?

I will ask this as well. Why call the vote "garbage" when it is only one vote on you out of the 8 needed to lynch you? That strikes me as a tad odd especially since I am the only vote on the board at the moment.

It looks like you are trying to discredit my vote before I have even said anything truly about you to back it up.

Sorry Bardull, but I think you are my target for toDay's sake.
I was entirely uninterested in throwing walls at you, so I trying to change your direction before you even got started. If you really want it though, then you'll get it.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
  • Fear of walling is meh considering how a lot of players are playing this game. I don't necessarily buy that reasoning.
  • You name that you don't like Fanny's pushes on 3 slots (Glyph/J/Maven), but leave out someone he spent half of his posts talking to/looking at. How would that not be important to your Fanny read if you completely have forsaken that name from your post?
  • This is complete speculation, but I find that hard-pressed to believe that you are "denying" you have an ability because usually you have to have one in order to get a "Roleblocked" notification. Otherwise, that makes little sense. Basically, I don't see the motive behind letting the thread know you were RB'd so the question is turned back to you. I am trying to figure out why townBardull would come into the thread and claim "I was RB'd" when there wasn't anything going around about an RB at all.
  • What is this "Barwall" going to encompass? Is it a full case on Fanny and/or does it have detailed reads with reasonings behind them.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Honestly, having looked things over again, I don't think Fandango's play is bad. These posts stuck out to me in passing though with respect to him pushing in the direction of certain slots but essentially keeping his hands clean.

J, what are you even saying here. What's the point of this question?
Like this one. The language heavily implies disagreement with a doubtful tone, and this was when pressure was being exerted on J in the early game, but he didn't throw his vote down when the language suggests that it would have made sense to him to throw a vote down here.

Isn't there? What do you think of Thug's big mechanical post about Glyph?
This question is loaded because the word 'mechanical' suggests that Thug's post is flawed to begin with. I don't know, just small things like this that stood out to me. I think Thug is fine, for the record.

Also y'all are focusing too much on whether Glyph's ability makes sense for town, or scum, or if he planned up with J to do it, none of that can be deciphered now and most of it its wifom, its best to focus on the intent of his actions.
I also didn't like that he was trying to chalk up Glyph's actions to WIFOM and to subsequently label them null, but still push the slot regardless. Frankly, just about anything in Mafia can be construed as WIFOM, what really matters in the end is being able to discern which side makes more sense.

I don't like this, your biggest reasoning has always been "But it took us out of RVS guys!" Scum can gain as much as town from them being the ones to push the game out of RVS and lead the game to the direction theiy want, Soup noted that most of the dayphase was probably going to be focused on your shot, and so far he is right. You've ignored my question as to why didn't you wait for later to use it. Also now you are saying J is your biggest scumread, can you explain why?
This is a legitimate post, but this also seems to contradict Fandango's stance on Glyph's early play being too WIFOMy to label as either alignment.

@#HBC | Laundry Talk to me. You are voting Bardul right now, but your posts srt of read like you suspect Maven just as much, if not more. Elaborate a bit more on the two, and which one do you think town should be pursuing today. On that note, what do you think of the contradiction of Glyph's reasoning for targetting J (that newbies were getting buddy buddy with him) that Maven pointed out.
Given that myself and Maven are Town, this is also a bothersome post.

Thug because:

His first post into the game was a horrible mechanical post that helps town in no way, read off like more of a justification to vote Glyph than a real reasoning behind it. He didn;t address Glyph specifically in that post, but talked about the ifs and explained dayvig roles, so we know it was a pressure vote either.

His #141 in reply to Soup is also bad, because he keeps talking about why what Glyph did was wrong, but it once again comes as justification for his vote, he hasn't addressed Glyph yet.

But he got better in his 282 when he actually goes against Glyph directly, his other post I disliked is his 341 when he came and ranted about people not voting, there are multiple reasons why people would not vote despite applying pressure to someone, especially considering it is early Day 1 in an closed set up game, so that post just sort of read to me like trying to generate filler content.

Glyph and Thug are my scum leans so far, but I am not confident on either yet.
I don't have Glyph or Thug as scum at the moment, so this stark contrast in reads is worrisome to me.

I mean there's so much about Glyph that makes no sense and contradicts his actions.

Glyph's justification for using the shot to get us out of RVS makes no sense because RVS is hardly an actual real issue in these games for the most part, and the game was too early for anyone to complain about RVS.

Glyph's reasoning for targeting J doesn't check out, as pointed out by Maven.

Glyph claims he didn't need to tell us he made the shot, but he starts the shot by making it look like a command action (bull**** mixup) then later is when he tell us he didn;t really had to say. Why not just say, "I am gonna shoot J" why disguise it as phase-active power role?

He's been gone from the thread for a considerably amount of time despite being the game's focus point.

I tried to pressure the slot into giving answers, but after a while he just stopped, and I wasn't satisfied with the ones I got anyway.

I think this is the best direction for the day, only reason why I'd be okay let Glyph live is because of his "d2 ability" and I find that a poor reason at best, considering I have no reason to actually believe him.

I want everyone's thoughts on this, but specially @#HBC | Laundry 's opinion.

Vote: Glyph

Terrible post. If Glyph flips town it gives you leeway to pursue anyone who voted him. smh

Because its WIFOM

THAT'S WHY NO ONE IS ANSWERING IT BARDULL

How about being able to control the direction of the phase? What direction has Glyph pursued, What alternatives to the focus his action brought has he presented? Scum gains a lot from directing town's focus.

Read my 892, and give me your opinion on that.
Here's another thing. I honestly don't believe Glyph had any intentions on leading Town's focus, because he blatantly used an ability that had the potential to kill J. Why, at any point, would Glyph expect anyone to follow his lead? He would have to be a fool to not expect an outcome semblant to what has occurred here; no one is interested in seeing him lead, and he was put in a position of heavy suspicion. Poetry.

I just think it's raunchy that Fandango claims my approach to the Glyph predicament is WIFOM, but then he turns around and puts his own spin on it and says "Glyph is still scum despite the fact that I stated that Glyph's actions can be looked at as being done by either alignment."

Vote: Maven

Glyph is not happening today.
My obvious problem with this vote is that the vote isn't well substantiated and is obviously going to be excused as policy. I mean, based on Fandango's previous interactions with Maven, I feel like Town Fandango would have stepped in at some point to help Maven, especially since Maven's initial approach to Glyph (which is what got Maven lynched) is essentially the same exact approach Fandango had to the Glyph slot.

I'm comfortable with my vote at this point in time.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
  • Fear of walling is meh considering how a lot of players are playing this game. I don't necessarily buy that reasoning.
  • You name that you don't like Fanny's pushes on 3 slots (Glyph/J/Maven), but leave out someone he spent half of his posts talking to/looking at. How would that not be important to your Fanny read if you completely have forsaken that name from your post?
  • This is complete speculation, but I find that hard-pressed to believe that you are "denying" you have an ability because usually you have to have one in order to get a "Roleblocked" notification. Otherwise, that makes little sense. Basically, I don't see the motive behind letting the thread know you were RB'd so the question is turned back to you. I am trying to figure out why townBardull would come into the thread and claim "I was RB'd" when there wasn't anything going around about an RB at all.
  • What is this "Barwall" going to encompass? Is it a full case on Fanny and/or does it have detailed reads with reasonings behind them.
It's not fear, don't kid yourself. I am confident I can out-wall you if I'm feeling up to it, but it's not within either of our interests unless you want to get buried. I'm thinking about getting published some day, remember?

I just don't understand the emphasis of why it was a necessary question on your end, although I probably answered it in my mini-wall.

This is role fishing and you are being dense. I have claimed to be roleblocked and received a notification as such, I have not at all claimed ability use. Hell, did you not see that there wasn't a kill? Wouldn't claiming to be roleblock make me look WORSE? Your logic here is incorrect.

Already posted the BarWalL, although it wasn't much of a wall to begin with.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
As much as I would love to wall-battle, I think some players would self-implode. Let's hope it doesn't come to that because a challenge like that is something I almost am salivating because no one ever challenges me to a wall battle. (though I don't wall on purpose, I just type a lot and quickly) I do know that *publishing*, but mafia wall-battling is non-fiction. (<3 you Bardull)

You didn't answer my question, but I'll answer it now. Fanny's main push besides Glyph was Mallory. You also say Maven was a push of his, yet his vote post specifically states it was only because Glyph was not happening yesterDay. In your most recent post, you did not show that Fanny pushed either Myself or Maven and even quoted a post where he said Mallory was a scum-read of his. My thing here is, you are not reading the game in-depth and your facts are wrong from the get-go so your vote seems pulled out of the air.

However, I will allow Fanny to respond to your post further, but there are errors in it.

I am fishing a bit. Not on your role though. I don't care about that. Your answer of "looking worse" is WIFOM and that much is clear at cursory glance. You are dodging the question by trying to navigate my train of thought elsewhere. What was your motive behind claiming to be RB'd? That is the bottom line I want to reach here.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
TownBardeezy claimed roleblocked because TownBardeezy

As much as I would love to wall-battle, I think some players would self-implode. Let's hope it doesn't come to that because a challenge like that is something I almost am salivating because no one ever challenges me to a wall battle. (though I don't wall on purpose, I just type a lot and quickly) I do know that *publishing*, but mafia wall-battling is non-fiction. (<3 you Bardull)
You are a greasy wiener.

You didn't answer my question, but I'll answer it now. Fanny's main push besides Glyph was Mallory. You also say Maven was a push of his, yet his vote post specifically states it was only because Glyph was not happening yesterDay. In your most recent post, you did not show that Fanny pushed either Myself or Maven and even quoted a post where he said Mallory was a scum-read of his. My thing here is, you are not reading the game in-depth and your facts are wrong from the get-go so your vote seems pulled out of the air.
I addressed the Thug dealio in my wall. Scroll up. I feel that Fandango was quick to jump on Thug's mechanical post, but he doesn't seem to commit to posts Thug made later on. I thought Thug's read post was actually pretty good, regardless of him calling me Town in said post.

I am fishing a bit. Not on your role though. I don't care about that. Your answer of "looking worse" is WIFOM and that much is clear at cursory glance. You are dodging the question by trying to navigate my train of thought elsewhere. What was your motive behind claiming to be RB'd? That is the bottom line I want to reach here.
If it's clear at cursory glance, then why bring it up as a point of contention to begin with? Whomp whomp.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Whoops, forgot about that first sentence I had up there. Drafts, PLEASE.

My initial thought process was "well, I've been RB'd, maybe it was scum?"

My immediate knee-jerk reaction was not to presume that it could have been a Town RB'er,.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I thought Thug's read post was actually pretty good, regardless of him calling me Town in said post.
?

I'm confused at this line and willing to give the benefit of the doubt to typo, but I'm looking at the bold quite strangely.

And you're a butthead for your insistence on side-stepping my question in a numerous fashion of manners. Especially with your most recent "Cuz I did" as the main reasoning at this point it seems so I am not getting anywhere with you on answering me.

Top Bottom