• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Blast Ball Character Support Thread

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
Announced at Nintendo World Championships 2015, Blast Ball is a multiplayer game based on Metroid Prime.

Not much is known about this title except that it will be bundled with Metroid Prime: Federation Force.

Feel free to discuss your thoughts on the game!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think they should have made the whole thing it's own game rather than tack on the Metroid label.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The game has already angered enough Metroid fans.

Can you even imagine if a character from it got into Smash before a certain big ass purple dragon?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
That said, some person already put up a petition on Change.Org to have it cancelled. It's already built, it's not like Okami where if you slay it goodness will just rush back into the world.

I hope the game can stand on it's own, that's not the developers fault. They need to teach the Nuts and Bolts Effect in game marketing.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Many will get angry at you for making this thread. Still, a rep from here would represent something new.

udime123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3497-1825-3744
Why do you guys even care? Yeah, it's tacked on to Prime, but it's still another game. I don't see anyone saying that Metroid Pinball should be wiped off the face of the earth, and that was about as bizarre as it sounds, so what's the big issue with this one?

Burruni

Smash Hero
Why do you guys even care? Yeah, it's tacked on to Prime, but it's still another game. I don't see anyone saying that Metroid Pinball should be wiped off the face of the earth, and that was about as bizarre as it sounds, so what's the big issue with this one?
Metroid Pinball didn't happen after 5 years of no Metroid games period when fans were really hoping to see a good main series title to come after a VERY polarizing game.

That's the main thing, not about the game(s), but their timing. If this came out shortly after Prime 3 for the DS, I don't think people really would have that upset.

Last edited:

udime123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3497-1825-3744
Metroid Pinball didn't happen after 5 years of no Metroid games period when fans were really hoping to see a good main series title to come after a VERY polarizing game.

That's the main thing, not about the game(s), but their timing. If this came out shortly after Prime 3 for the DS, I don't think people really would have that upset.
Yeah, I suppose that'd be like releasing something weird like "Smash Bros: Racing" instead of an actual Smash Game. Actually, scratch that,a Nintendo crossover racing game sounds awesome.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Yeah, I suppose that'd be like releasing something weird like "Smash Bros: Racing" instead of an actual Smash Game. Actually, scratch that,a Nintendo crossover racing game sounds awesome.
Mario Kart 8 + DLC. Let that sate your tastes for now.

But in comparison, it'd be like people expecting a new Animal Crossing game on WiiU and only getting a Mario Party knock-off that forces the player to use amiibos to play.

OH WAIT A MINUTE, THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED BUT WITH ONLY 2 YEARS DOWNTIME INSTEAD OF 5 FOR THE SERIES.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Um... did you just make this thread for the sole purpose of simply making it? I'm assuming you are, because no one in their right minds would want this ****ty ass ****ing piece of **** game represented in Smash.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
The playable characters seem like they don't have much personality.

I feel bad for this game as it seems like a fun little multiplayer spin off. It's just that it came out after such a long Metroid drought and it is an easy focus for people's hatred.

Imagine if Majora's Mask and Wind Waker never came out, but Four Sword's Adventure still launched when it did. Same situation.

Burruni

Smash Hero
The playable characters seem like they don't have much personality.

I feel bad for this game as it seems like a fun little multiplayer spin off. It's just that it came out after such a long Metroid drought and it is an easy focus for people's hatred.

Imagine if Majora's Mask and Wind Waker never came out, but Four Sword's Adventure still launched when it did. Same situation.
At least FSA plays similar to a Zelda title and had Link in it...

But yeah, it's the timing of the game that hurts it more than the content itself.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
At least FSA plays similar to a Zelda title and had Link in it...

But yeah, it's the timing of the game that hurts it more than the content itself.
It's a shame as a spin off set in the world of Metroid is ostensibly great for world building and for the strength of the brand.

The trailer was underwhelming, but the Federation Force part of the game actually looked like fun in the Tree House segments that occurred after the direct. It's a situation where that doesn't even matter though, because "that's not the Metroid we want!"

That being said, I do sincerely hope that a main line Metroid is being developed. After the serious lack of Wii U games in the digital event I have to wonder if most of Nintendos development resources haven't already switched focus to the NX.

Last edited:

Amiiboshiibo

Smash Journeyman
This would be the biggest slap to the face to any Metroid fan. It'll be such a powerful slap that even people who've never played Metroid will feel the pain.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
This is actually a really unique idea.
The Blast Ball player's attacks would be pretty weak, but they can be used to push this Bowser-sized ball forward, which deals some heavy blows.

The Ball can be attacked by the opponent to roll it too, but the Player has ranged moves to gain back control.
The specials could involve summoning and controlling the ball directly.

Neutral B: Blast Ball Growth
The Blast Ball gets bigger, which causes the ball to deal more damage and knockback, but it also makes the ball harder to push around and slower.

Side B: Blast Ball Propulsion
The Ball propulses itself in a certain direction by jumping to the side.

Up B: Blast Ball Rocket
The Blast Ball Player gets in the Blast Ball and the ball propels itself up like the Gunner's Up B's.

Down B: Blast Ball Blast
The Blast Ball blows itself up to protect itself.
The attack isn't strong, but can save the Ball from getting gimped by the opponent.
Also returns the ball to its original size.

So instead of attacking the opponent, you attack the Blast Ball that then rolls into opponents.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Just give me the Federation Trooper already. Or better yet, Anthony Higgs but in the Federation Trooper's mech. Holy **** that'd be awesome.

slambros

Smash Ace
The Blast Ball character in its mech would be awesome! I support. The game looks fun in its own right anyway.

Top Bottom