• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Black Shadow for SSBB

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
I'm so tired of countless threads being repeated... Black Shadow shouldn't be in this bcuz he's disturbing. Look how tight his suit is.

parrothead

Smash Lord
Black Shadow is a good choice, because he is Captain Falcon's main villain. Captain Falcon even Falcon Punched him in the anime. Click here to watch.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Black Shadow can just die. Deathborne should be in over him because he killed him(only reason I like Deathborne)

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Yes sadly... For those who don't know what my old sig was, it had a bunch of butt pics.

burrito

Smash Lord
[Sarcasm]Wow, you guys have perfect logic. I agree that Black Shadow shouldn't be in this game, since he is disturbing and gay. Instead, they should inlude Chuck Norris because he is kickass.[/Sarcasm]

Black Shadow is a good choice, because he is Captain Falcon's main villain. Captain Falcon even Falcon Punched him in the anime. Click here to watch.
Wow, that is really awesome.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Where did this thread go? It was only around for a day...

I think now that Goroh is out of the picture that Black Shadow's chances have actually increased. I think he is a better Falcon villain anyway since he actually has a lot more darkness to him and he is more active in the rivalry, what while creating Blood Falcon and all. Also, BS isn't just another random sword wielder is the best part. It would also be fun to have this guy vs. Falcon in the Blood Falcon costume.

I really think he has a good chance to get in. I just wonder what his moves would be like...

Oh, and this thread needs a pic:

Oh, also...the F-Zero manuals say that Goroh is just a space thief who steals but never kills, while Shadow is the leader of an evil organization and is wanted at large across the galaxy.

whiterob

Smash Journeyman
Duna-nuna-nuna-nuna Black Shadow...
I don't know who this character is but he looks like Batman (i like Batman), and Falcon needs a playmate, so I support Black Shadow for Brawl.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
There is a reason this thread had a short life: Black Shadow is an incredibly lame villian. He sucks on every possible level. This fact is common knowlege, so rather than explaining why he is lame, I will just describe the extent of his suckage.

Black Shadow sucks. His picture is in the dictionary next to the word "generic". He is the personification of all this is idiotic in this world. He makes Barney the Dinosaur look like Chuck Norris. The kindest think anyone can say about him is that his lameness is the measuring stick by which everything lame can be compared. He sucks, plain and simple.

Goroh is Falcon's archrival and he would have brought a unique presence to the roster (though he probably would have been a Ganondorf-esque Falcon clone) so now that he is out of the picture, Falcon will most likely represent the F-Zero franchise on his own. Sad but true.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
There is a reason this thread had a short life: Black Shadow is an incredibly lame villian. He sucks on every possible level. This fact is common knowlege, so rather than explaining why he is lame, I will just describe the extent of his suckage.

Black Shadow sucks. His picture is in the dictionary next to the word "generic". He is the personification of all this is idiotic in this world. He makes Barney the Dinosaur look like Chuck Norris. The kindest think anyone can say about him is that his lameness is the measuring stick by which everything lame can be compared. He sucks, plain and simple.

Goroh is Falcon's archrival and he would have brought a unique presence to the roster (though he probably would have been a Ganondorf-esque Falcon clone) so now that he is out of the picture, Falcon will most likely represent the F-Zero franchise on his own. Sad but true.
And what exactly makes Goroh so great? Wooo! I have Katana!!

He's not falcon's arch rival by the way. Not even Sakurai makes this distinction. For the Ridley song update: "Samus’s arch-nemesis, Ridley" but for Goroh: "Samurai Goro, Captain Falcon’s rival".

You're going to be eating your words if he's in...:p

Talk about being generic...you have Lucario, Wolf, Tom Nook, and Mii as your character predictions!

edit: from Falcon's profile: "Has the most rivals of all F-Zero characters; Samurai Goroh, Zoda, Michael Chain, Blood Falcon, Black Shadow, Deathborn, Dai Goroh, and Don Genie"

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
And what exactly makes Goroh so great? Wooo! I have Katana!!
Dude, Goroh is a funky eighties rockstar with professor's glasses on steroids. He various occupations have ranged from a bounty hunter, sauermai and futuristic racecar driver. He also follows a religion with one doctrine: sleaves are for the weak.

He's not falcon's arch rival by the way. Not even Sakurai makes this distinction. For the Ridley song update: "Samus’s arch-nemesis, Ridley" but for Goroh: "Samurai Goro, Captain Falcon’s rival".
He's Falcon's rival, plain and simple. Samus has plenty of foes worth their salt, but Goroh is the only one of Falcon's foes worth mentioning. Clearly, Sakurai felt that "arch rival" was redundant.

You're going to be eating your words if he's in...:p
Fortunately, he won't make the cut so I can save my apetite.

Talk about being generic...you have Lucario, Wolf, Tom Nook, and Mii as your character predictions!
Lucario: All Pokemon are generic. I'd exterminate the whole lot of them from the roster if I could. Next.

Wolf: Wolf is a pretty bland enemy, but he also has a robotic eye. It all balances out.

Tom Nook: Generic? I'd change my tune if I were you, unless you want the racoon goons knocking on your door.

Mii: Miis are the exact opposite of generic. If included, every last one of them would be unique. Homer Simpson vs. E.T. anyone?

edit: from Falcon's profile: "Has the most rivals of all F-Zero characters; Samurai Goroh, Zoda, Michael Chain, Blood Falcon, Black Shadow, Deathborn, Dai Goroh, and Don Genie"
Yeah but are those bozos even worth mentioning? Not according to Sakurai. Goroh is Falcon's rival, plain and simple.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
He's Falcon's rival, plain and simple. Samus has plenty of foes worth their salt, but Goroh is the only one of Falcon's foes worth mentioning. Clearly, Sakurai felt that "arch rival" was redundant.
whoa whowhowhowhohooooaaa....

Samus has plenty of foes but Falcon doesn't? He has like 10 foes. Ridley is the only one worth mentioning as far as Metroid foes. I think you seriously need to rethink some things.

And, Miis are the epitome of generic characters...while their appearance may be unique, their moveset is as generic as they come. Waluigi would be more original than a Mii.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Black Shadow was actually pretty high on Sakurai's poll, Goroh wasn't. Expect to see the generic Bat Man-esque villain in Brawl whether you like it or not Wiseguy.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
whoa whowhowhowhohooooaaa....

Samus has plenty of foes but Falcon doesn't? He has like 10 foes. Ridley is the only one worth mentioning as far as Metroid foes. I think you seriously need to rethink some things.

And, Miis are the epitome of generic characters...while their appearance may be unique, their moveset is as generic as they come. Waluigi would be more original than a Mii.

Motherbrain, Kraid and Dark Samus are all memorable villians. Goroh is the only one of Falcon's nemesis' who is at all memorable.

As I pointed out in the Mii Thread (the other front in our little quote war) there are many games Mii could draw from to create a unique moveset. Mii would be infinitely more unique than Waluigi.

@ Gypsey: one nomination is not "very high". Sakurai's poll only shows the character choices of the hundred or so people to whom Sakurai responded to.

Using an awesome hero like Bats in the same sentense as BS is just wrong...

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Black Shadow was actually pretty high on Sakurai's poll, Goroh wasn't. Expect to see the generic Bat Man-esque villain in Brawl whether you like it or not Wiseguy.
This is one for the books..."Captain Suicide and Generic Batman-esque Villain duke it out in Smash Brawl!!"

(my friends and I call him that because of his tendency to SD due to his incredible speed and ffling)

Edit: if Miis are in the game, I refuse to unlock it.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Motherbrain, Kraid and Dark Samus are all memorable villians. Goroh is the only one of Falcon's nemesis' who is at all memorable.

As I pointed out in the Mii Thread (the other front in our little quote war) there are many games Mii could draw from to create a unique moveset. Mii would be infinitely more unique than Waluigi.
Mother Brain, Kraid, and Dark Samus aren't nearly as memorable as Ridley, who had a background and personality, unlike the other three. They were memorable bosses, yes, but by no means where they memorable villains. And Miis won't be playable characters, but will most likely be implemented into the game as something else, like in those pictures on the new player icon thingamajigs...

@ Gypsey: one nomination is not "very high". Sakurai's poll only shows the character choices of the hundred or so people to whom Sakurai responded to.
Yes, but at least he was on the poll. Samurai Goroh wasn't on it at all, which is probably why he's a NPC. Black Shadow has a pretty good chance whether you like it or not. I hate him. He was a total dousche in GX, and I would absolutely hate to see him in Brawl, but I think he has a pretty high chance of being in the game.

Using an awesome hero like Bats in the same sentense as BS is just wrong...
I know, Batman is teh s**t, but BS does look like a generic Batman rip off. I wouldn't be surprised if he was, considering James McCloud was a StarFox rip off....

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Mother Brain, Kraid, and Dark Samus aren't nearly as memorable as Ridley, who had a background and personality, unlike the other three. They were memorable bosses, yes, but by no means where they memorable villains.
Yeah, I guess that is what I meant. They were memorable, let's leave it at that. At any rate, the point is that Falcon's other "rivals" are not.

And Miis won't be playable characters, but will most likely be implemented into the game as something else, like in those pictures on the new player icon thingamajigs...
I think it very likely that we will see Miis as playable characters, given that they appear to be Nintendo's new mascot. This year, Miis will appear in more videogames than Mario.

Yes, but at least he was on the poll. Samurai Goroh wasn't on it at all, which is probably why he's a NPC. Black Shadow has a pretty good chance whether you like it or not. I hate him. He was a total dousche in GX, and I would absolutely hate to see him in Brawl, but I think he has a pretty high chance of being in the game.
He was on the poll, and that is something, but it's nothing definitive. Heck, Gardevoir was the only Pokemon on the poll. Is it getting in over Lucario or whatever?

In my view, Goroh was the obvious candidiate to be Falcon's clone, and with him trophified I can't see Sakurai putting an even more obscure (and far more lame) character in his place. I strongly suspect that Falcon will be all alone, once again.

I know, Batman is teh s**t, but BS does look like a generic Batman rip off. I wouldn't be surprised if he was, considering James McCloud was a StarFox rip off....
I guess...

In other news, your sig rocks! Easily my favorite one on Smashboards.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
There ya go. ;)
I love that clip. My favorite part is where BS is killed...

Regardless, BS only appeared in a single game and the anime' - wheras Goroh has been with the series since the begining as Falcon's most well known rival (in addition to having important roles in both GX and the F-Zero anime')

I thought of a rad analogy: saying that Goroh's absense increases BS' chances would be like saying Zant's chances increase in the event that Ganondorf is MIA (not that that is at all likely). My point being that in the event that the more prominent villian is not included, it suggests that no villians from that series made the cut - not that the spot goes to a lesser villian.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Goroh wasn't on the polls. Nuff said.

But...you wouldn't get to beat on BS unless he was in Brawl, don't you see??!!?!?!

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Goroh wasn't on the polls. Nuff said.

But...you wouldn't get to beat on BS unless he was in Brawl, don't you see??!!?!?!
Yeah, getting one vote is HUGE. That puts BS in the same leauge as Link's Uncle from ALttP and Volgin from the PS2 exclusive Metal Gear Solid 3. Seriously, all three got one vote.

I don't want to waste my punches on a lowlife like BS. He's not worth the energy. He'll be LUCKY if he makes it as an Assist Trophy.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Yeah, getting one vote is HUGE. That puts BS in the same leauge as Link's Uncle from ALttP and Volgin from the PS2 exclusive Metal Gear Solid 3. Seriously, all three got one vote.

I don't want to waste my punches on a lowlife like BS. He's not worth the energy. He'll be LUCKY if he makes it as an Assist Trophy.
Which goes the same for Wolf and Tom Nook. I'm just sayin'...

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion

OUCH.....

Why so much Black Shadow hate? :laugh:

Daaaaaaamn. Wiseguy, what you gonna do about that huh? LOL, you got served.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
May I ask what the point of quoting me was?

[edit]

****, I contradicted myself...

I meant to say was that I hated him in GX, but I really don't care whether he is in Brawl or not. I was asking why Wiseguy hated him so much, more or less...

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
1, just because a character wasn't on a poll doesn't mean he automatically get in. on the melee poll dedede, diddy, and ridley were at the top of the poll and they didn't make it in. and of course you have the fact that the floating head from brain age and link's uncle made it into the poll which ruins any credibility it had

2, goroh is a samurai, not just another sword user. and a katana user plays massively different from any other sword user in melee and most likely in brawl. in fact the only other katana user in question for brawl is chrono who might have a good chance now that goroh is out

3, goroh has a much bigger fanbase then black shadow, so if goroh is an AT, then black shadow is either an AT or nothing at all

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
However, Wolf has appeared in numerous SF games and is far more popular (at least around here - judging by the masssive length of the Wolf thread).

As for Nook, he is the most prominent character in one Nintendo's most popular new franchises - making him more than worthy of a spot in Brawl.

OUCH.....

Why so much Black Shadow hate? :laugh:
To be honest, I'm not sure. Something about him has always infuriated me.

@ ClarkJables: You are 100% correct.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
1, just because a character wasn't on a poll doesn't mean he automatically get in. on the melee poll dedede, diddy, and ridley were at the top of the poll and they didn't make it in. and of course you have the fact that the floating head from brain age and link's uncle made it into the poll which ruins any credibility it had

2, goroh is a samurai, not just another sword user. and a katana user plays massively different from any other sword user in melee and most likely in brawl. in fact the only other katana user in question for brawl is chrono who might have a good chance now that goroh is out

3, goroh has a much bigger fanbase then black shadow, so if goroh is an AT, then black shadow is either an AT or nothing at all
1. Don't count on Brawl being like any of the others on this account. Sakurai knows what's at stake. He knows that this is more than likely his last project on this. The first was an experiment, and the second had huge time crunch issues with moving to the new engine. I'm convinced the roster has been set for some time now. I don't see issues with characters not making it because of time, only because of originality or something of the sort.

2. No. A katana is just another sword. Maybe in RL you would use a katana differently, but it's smash. We don't need 20 different types of swords any more than we need 20 different versions of fox's gun or 20 different types of mario or whatever. Variety is key. Regardless of being a different type of sword, he will still swing it around is some way, and in that, he is the same as Roy and Marth.

3. I really don't say ANY other character getting in based on a fan base. Captain Falcon is the only one with any fanbase to speak of. The ONLY reason another F-Zero character should get in is for his sake.

However, Wolf has appeared in numerous SF games and is far more popular (at least around here - judging by the masssive length of the Wolf thread).
Games Wolf was in: SF64, SF Assault, SF Command
Games BS was in: F-Zero X, F-Zero GX, Zero: Maximum Velocity, F-Zero: GP Legend

I understand what you're points are, but I can still crunch the numbers, and he still holds up.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Games Wolf was in: SF64, SF Assault, SF Command
Games BS was in: F-Zero X, F-Zero GX, Zero: Maximum Velocity, F-Zero: GP Legend

I understand what you're points are, but I can still crunch the numbers, and he still holds up.
So he was. I thought for some reason that he originated in GX...

Irregardless, there is the popularity of each series to consider. The recent SF games have been very well recieved, while GX (which is my personal favroite racer) sold very poorly. I would argue that SF deserves 3 reps while F-Zero apparently deserves only one (though I would have prefered Goroh to be playable...)

Copperpot

Smash Ace
Actually, Black Shadow was in F-Zero 64 (X) as well as GX (just noticed that Grim beat me to it). The only reason I know about him though is because I used his racer more than anyone else (until customs in GX).

Not that I'm outright defending him or anything, but he does at least demonstrate a tiny speck of potential. It's not like the majority of F-Zero characters reveal anything within the spectrum of personality anyways. If anything, I'd say that Pico has more 'umph' to him than Black Shadow or Goroh, and he shows it with a much more cynical, sinister demeanor.

And for Pete's sake, Wiseguy, stop saying 'trophified'. It makes my head want to explode. Can't we just settle on 'trophied'? :p

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Irregardless, there is the popularity of each series to consider. The recent SF games have been very well recieved, while GX (which is my personal favroite racer) sold very poorly. I would argue that SF deserves 3 reps while F-Zero apparently deserves only one (though I would have prefered Goroh to be playable...)
IMO, SF deserves 4 (because they have that many interesting characters to give) and F-Zero deserves 2 (if for no other reason than Falcon was in the original). I think that's how it should be; now whether it plays out that way is a different story, but I understand you are against Falco and against any non-Goroh F-Zero character.

Honestly, I would be fine with Pico or Shadow or Deathborn or heck, even Jody Summers. I just want another F-Zero character. (James McCloud anyone?? ;)) That's just my POV.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
1. Don't count on Brawl being like any of the others on this account. Sakurai knows what's at stake. He knows that this is more than likely his last project on this. The first was an experiment, and the second had huge time crunch issues with moving to the new engine. I'm convinced the roster has been set for some time now. I don't see issues with characters not making it because of time, only because of originality or something of the sort.

2. No. A katana is just another sword. Maybe in RL you would use a katana differently, but it's smash. We don't need 20 different types of swords any more than we need 20 different versions of fox's gun or 20 different types of mario or whatever. Variety is key. Regardless of being a different type of sword, he will still swing it around is some way, and in that, he is the same as Roy and Marth.
ok so because brawl is a different game sakurai is only going to put characters in who were on the poll. that makes allot of sense, i can't wait to play link's uncle and dr. kawaski from brain age now...

so because this is smash all of the sword fighters play exactly the same, that makes allot of sense too. oh and a gun, no matter what type it is, goes bang and fires a bullet. a sword can be used in a multitude of ways, and depending on the type of sword those ways can be exponentially different from each other. so what if we have 3 sword users out of 40+ character, yah thats way to many sword fighters we should get rid of them all. yah and since mario and donkey kong both punch and kick they play exactly the same, so because samus and captain falcon are bounty hunters they play exactly the same. we also don't even know if marth and roy are coming back. if your logic is correct, then anyone with a gun plays the same, anyone who uses fire plays exactly the same. your logic makes no ****ing sense sir, and you should be slapped for it. play some soul calibur two and you'll see how different sword users can be from each other and stop being so god ****ed close minded

Top Bottom