• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bit help, sonic Vs wolf

bugball

Smash Apprentice
Hi, im Bugball, the author of sonics avanced tech with the really bad english spelling :laugh:

here my ploblem, i think i'm average player, not the best, only good you know.

i usually plays agains average players with no problems at all, but i'm in trouble with a specific wolf, i never played against wolf before, some tips?? at this time i win 2/5 matches against him

i read all the sonic guides posted on here and ok, my problem with wolf, really his fast Fsmash piss me off a lot, plus his laser gun, this combo really blows my sonic, i try every ways to approach him, but it's difficult, i mean, i control the field of battle, i am in movement all the time, i control the spacin, etc, but holy ****, the approachin is impossible, also i only can kill him at >130%..

some tips please :(

Tenki

Smash Hero
:D i remember watching your video when I was new to Sonic!

Sad Story

Uh... it's kinda hidden by the title, but that thread is mostly about fighting Wolf xD

Shield the Fsmash, powershield the lasers, imo one of the best ways to deal with that XD

J18

Smash Journeyman
um watch out for his smash attacks. and his tilts. and his aerial game. and his jab. and his laser. pretty much just don't every play against a wolf.

bugball

Smash Apprentice
wow tenki i read the sad history, poor R4ZE, i just feel like him today... seriusly, i can beat a quite decent snake , but wolf, just spamming lazers, and when approaching him Fsmash, kill me times and times and times and times

also the life,wen at least i could steal him a 80% after much approaching, + mind games, + etc metagamelulzi, he with lazers and a fsmash did me 75% :(

Tenki

Smash Hero
also the life,wen at least i could steal him a 80% after much approaching, + mind games, + etc metagamelulzi, he with lazers and a fsmash did me 75% :(
lol

it is a sad story somemost times XD

[edit/reply]
YEAH! The Snake vs Wolf video!
that's what i'm talking about XD power shield + grab

Hella had nice moves in that video -
(ledge) > double jump (?) + side B

I think maybe we can do a ledge> double jump > Down B (> shield) O_o;

or recovery with d-air xD

JiangWei23

Smash Journeyman
My word, that Sonic was amazing.

Perhaps try Homing Attack more? I can't test this out at the moment, but it should put you above the range of laser spam and out of range of his F-smash. Course, he could just shield, but...hm.

Tenki

Smash Hero
A low homing attack misses more often than a high one, and a missed homing attack = vulnerable for 1-2 seconds. But yeah, it can work, but save it for middle - higher %s because if it's too low, he won't get knocked down, so he'll just smash you after he gets hit lol

If you get shielded, same deal. he can usmash you, but more often than not, you can spring out of there in time, unless he's expecting it.

Ornj

Smash Journeyman
camp the edges and spot for an edgeguard wolf sux off the edge

kaminari

Smash Rookie
I have a friend that plays almost exclusively as Wolf, and when we first started, he was destroying me horribly. The best I can tell you is to perfect shield the lasers when you can, and memorize the distance for wolf's Fsmash. The range on Sonic's Bair can help if you're fond of short-hopping, remember that SOnic's Upsmash has relatively high priority. And by all means, when he's off the edge, go after him. Wolf falls too fast to spike and then recover effectively, and his recovery stinks anyway.

Hope I helped, I've been fighting this EXACT match since Brawl released in the US. lol

bugball

Smash Apprentice
guys, you must know, after over 9000 matches against wolf, at least i begin to defeat him!! wohoo!!!

one thing to know, : Sonic Forward B have priority over fsmash, this is not big score, but it hlps so much against it

Browny

Smash Hater
honestly, i find wolf to be one of sonics easier match ups. me and my brother go pretty even when hes fox or falco, but his wolf gets destroyed everytime. i dont know whether its the slightly larger lag on wolfs moves which allow me to punish it over and over again or the fact that his recovery is too easy to gimp and punish, but the combination, both at which sonic excel at seem to work well, at least for me :/

R4ZE

Smash Ace
doood. all u gots to do vs the wolf man, is do a bit of up b. and some... ASC yeahhhhhhhh boiiiiii

flay va flayyyyveee.

seriouly, wolf is kinda gay. just space him like... stay out fo range of his smashes, and then attack with aerials. and w/e u do... avoid his lasers by jumping and sheilding.

Tenki

Smash Hero
guys, you must know, after over 9000 matches against wolf, at least i begin to defeat him!! wohoo!!!

one thing to know, : Sonic Forward B have priority over fsmash, this is not big score, but it hlps so much against it
Forward B- the whole hop, or the invincibility frames?

also..

WHAT!? 9000!?

Top Bottom