• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bird and Bear: the Banjo-Kazooie Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Sign me up!

I really do miss Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tootie and wish Rare had never gone with Microsoft. If the franchise were to ever be sold back to Nintendo, I would stick around for Smash 5 to support their inclusion.

If we were to ever get Banjo & Kazooie, I'd want this playing as one of the music.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, as unlikely as it may seem, I'd be ok with Banjo and Kazooie. I feel they can offer a certain amount of uniqueness to any roster. So you can add me to supporter list if you want. Did anyone make any palette swaps yet? I normally see that kind of stuff in threads so I was just wondering.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
No am talking about that I have a hard time choosing between King K.Rool and Banjo-Kazooie. :laugh:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Well, as unlikely as it may seem, I'd be ok with Banjo and Kazooie. I feel they can offer a certain amount of uniqueness to any roster. So you can add me to supporter list if you want. Did anyone make any palette swaps yet? I normally see that kind of stuff in threads so I was just wondering.
I don't think anyone has made pallete swaps. could someone do that? please?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
One of my favorite memories playing Banjo-Kazooie was that one gaint bull for some reason. And I loved that swamp area and being able to turn into a crocodile. Damn Rare, I miss you guys man.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
One of my favorite memories playing Banjo-Kazooie was that one gaint bull for some reason. And I loved that swamp area and being able to turn into a crocodile. Damn Rare, I miss you guys man.
I actually play Tooie before #1 and a good friend of mine was vice versa he never played tooie and only played #1 so we traded for a while so when we both finished both of them out descions didnt change no disrespect to #1 at all! It was fantastic!! But i think Tooie is better and my mate thinks #1 is better than Tooie.

What do you guys think?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I didn't play Tooie, and neither did I play Conker's Bad Fur Day. I should hang myself for this. :c

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If you prefer the rope I can always take the electic chair.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Are you serious though that DKC2 is better or as good as DKC1? i was damn shocked when i heard you say that...you litreally made me go on Amazon straight away & pick it up for £6 proof of DK love guided me to the righteous path my dear.
Dkc2.jpg

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
100% sure my man. You won't regret playing this game bro!

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
I would LOVE to play as Banjo-Kazooie.

Too bad they're owned by Micros***. Otherwise they would probably be one of the most anticipated characters along with Ridley and K. Rool and Mewtwo etc.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Are you serious though that DKC2 is better or as good as DKC1? i was damn shocked when i heard you say that...you litreally made me go on Amazon straight away & pick it up for £6 proof of DK love guided me to the righteous path my dear.
DKC2 is better. It takes everything that was good about DKC and improves upon it greatly. The gameplay and overall design is very familiar, but the experience is also very new. Yes, the loss of controlling Donkey Kong was a bit of a blow, but we get Diddy and Dixie as a team, and they work phenomenally. Add the stellar music, and you have what is arguably (at least in my opinion) one of the best games in the series - it's most certainly my personal favorite.

Also, in regards to Banjo-Kazooie, as unlikely as they are to make an appearance, I support them. I loved Banjo in DKR, and loved the Banjo-Kazooie games (minus Nuts & Bolts). If Nintendo doesn't buy back Rare, we can still hope they buy the rights to some of their characters, including Banjo-Kazooie, Conker, and maybe Kameo.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Phazon you'll love DKC2. Once you begin, you won't stop playing. I've been on vacations bringing only my DKC2 for my GBA and I was never bored.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Phazon you'll love DKC2. Once you begin, you won't stop playing. I've been on vacations bringing only my DKC2 for my GBA and I was never bored.
Your making my Knickers wet man! My mate has my DS atm i need to get it back but hes busy....(-_-) when i get it back ima start it right away / still gotta finish Twilight though...Lakebed temple pissed me of sooo hard i havent played it since....

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
Personally I would really love to see Banjo & Kazooie in the new Smash Bros game, but I've heard that Rare will be debuting a new game at E3 for the Xbox One that supposedly is of one of their classic franchises, which could possibly be a new Banjo Kazooie game, nothing's set in stone yet, just a rumor, so I wouldn't count them being in Smash 4 out, but it doesn't seem very likely.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Personally I would really love to see Banjo & Kazooie in the new Smash Bros game, but I've heard that Rare will be debuting a new game at E3 for the Xbox One that supposedly is of one of their classic franchises, which could possibly be a new Banjo Kazooie game, nothing's set in stone yet, just a rumor, so I wouldn't count them being in Smash 4 out, but it doesn't seem very likely.
It would indeed be ****ed...really ****ed up...if it happens...

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
well, I dunno if its good for banjo if a new Xbox game comes out, meaning Micro$oft would want to keep it to themselves for $$$$$$$

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Hey there, Banjofans! So like I said a few days ago, I've been working on a concept for a Click-Click Wood stage.

It's actually a very simple concept that takes place on a traditional-style floating platform that orbits the giant tree in the center of the world. Nothing drastic happens in the background, and as per design I felt like this would be a stage you'd want to play on. So let's get started!

CLICK-CLOCK WOOD

The music, of course!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrGobUUMy_E

Right! So! Click-Clock.

As I imagine this stage, I picture it taking place, like I said, on the singular wooden platform (with maybe a couple raised, Battlefield-esque secondary platforms. So it's a neutral stage with fancy background shenanigans. When the stage starts, it's Spring. Duh.

However, as it continues to orbit the tree during the match, the seasons change, and when the seasons change, everything in the background of the stage, from Zubbas, to Eyries, to Mumbos, to Nabnuts all move around or disappear or change based on their status in-game. In addition, the music changes ever-so-slightly to follow the appropriate season, and it overall just makes for an incredibly scenic experience.

With full-on HD depth and Wii U capabilities, that'd be one impressive stage. Y'know what else? It's not entirely beyond modding possibility either, considering what Project M devs did with Skyloft.

Something to dream of in the future, I think! :cool:

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
Hey there, Banjofans! So like I said a few days ago, I've been working on a concept for a Click-Click Wood stage.

It's actually a very simple concept that takes place on a traditional-style floating platform that orbits the giant tree in the center of the world. Nothing drastic happens in the background, and as per design I felt like this would be a stage you'd want to play on. So let's get started!

CLICK-CLOCK WOOD

The music, of course!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrGobUUMy_E

Right! So! Click-Clock.

As I imagine this stage, I picture it taking place, like I said, on the singular wooden platform (with maybe a couple raised, Battlefield-esque secondary platforms. So it's a neutral stage with fancy background shenanigans. When the stage starts, it's Spring. Duh.

However, as it continues to orbit the tree during the match, the seasons change, and when the seasons change, everything in the background of the stage, from Zubbas, to Eyries, to Mumbos, to Nabnuts all move around or disappear or change based on their status in-game. In addition, the music changes ever-so-slightly to follow the appropriate season, and it overall just makes for an incredibly scenic experience.

With full-on HD depth and Wii U capabilities, that'd be one impressive stage. Y'know what else? It's not entirely beyond modding possibility either, considering what Project M devs did with Skyloft.

Something to dream of in the future, I think! :cool:
I love stages that are neutral and focus on the visuals. If you talked about the precise layout of the platforms(triangle layout, moving, inverted triangle, etc) I would give this 10/10.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Banjo is so sexy. If this would happen, I'd be so damn overjoyed. :awesome:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I always liked Kazooie better, but you can't really have one without the other. unless there's a split-up pad.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Damn I love this game! Clanker's Cavern is a *****, especially with a slightly jammed controllstick, but so far, I'm glad I picked the game up again. Gonna look forward to playing more. The game looks quite good as well. Aged pretty nicely.

Also, **** Microsoft.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I adore these two, even having played their games very minimally. Add me to the list of supporters!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I need to finish Tooie one of these days.

I loved the first one to death, but Tooie was just too big! Too many collectibles and complicated interconnecting worlds.

It's still a great game (dat multiplayer) but I'm not too big on the single player.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I need to finish Tooie one of these days.

I loved the first one to death, but Tooie was just too big! Too many collectibles and complicated interconnecting worlds.

It's still a great game (dat multiplayer) but I'm not too big on the single player.
I agree, I started tooie a while ago, but it's not as good as the original.

also, nice profile pic BTW.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Are you serious though that DKC2 is better or as good as DKC1? i was damn shocked when i heard you say that...you litreally made me go on Amazon straight away & pick it up for £6 proof of DK love guided me to the righteous path my dear.View attachment 733
DKC2 is the greatest video game of all time.

But on topic, Banjo-Kazooie is certainly the most DESERVING 3rd party character (since they should be 2nd party and most likely would have been in Brawl if it weren't for the Microsoft fiasco), but probabably has the lowest chance. So damn depressing.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I liked the music and level design from DKC1 more (personal preference) but DKC2 is amazing. It has everything that DKC1 left out. It is also very difficult as you advance.

DKC1 has great themes: Aquatic Ambience, Northern Expedition, the classic Jungle Beat, Forest Frenzy, Misty Mines, etc.

DKC2 has Stickerbush Sympathy which is very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom