• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BIO! 5

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
Before I address anything else, I'm going to comment/explain everything from our TO's side. We ran into several issues as the day progressed, primarily when we tried to start PM Doubles. We started ~ a half hour late on all of our events, and as the day went on, became a little bit overwhelmed by everything that was going on. We were short-staffed (yay finals and bad planning), and it caused us to make mistakes such as not entering a couple of players onto our registration sheet who had registered. We fixed the errors where we could, but some people got burned and had to be refunded without a chance to enter the bracket. On top of that, we did not anticipate the delay from having the same ~4 people being in the top 4 of each event, and it caused the tournament to go much longer than anticipated. Because they did not want to stay and play longer than 11:30 at night, Chad, J00t, Moogle, and Keno wound up splitting top 2/3 of the PM events. All of this has been very eye-opening on our side, we we're making serious adjustments for the next BIO, all of which will be made public so all of you can see why things are going to be made even better next time. All I can do at this point is apologize, and promise that we will put serious effort into optimizing what we can and planning better.

Now then! Thanks to all the out of towners who attended, particularly Pikachad, Huntsville, and Birmingham, who took all of the moneys (except melee doubles 2nd place, yoooo). Big big big thanks to the @HsvASL crew for streaming the event. Sorry for things getting hectic. Your setup was very professional and very high quality, and I heard nothing but positivity from those who watched the stream.

BIO 5 Melee Singles
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
Pikachad
$42.00
2nd
Moogle
$21.00
3rd
J00t
$7.00
4th
[R]Keno
5th
Winnar
5th
Zylo
7th
Jimb0
7th
Zoma
9th
Forerunner
9th
Jake The Preacher
9th
Bob
9th
Met
13th
ATM
13th
M&M
13th
Smoof
13th
Cynic
17th
Merk
17th
CgBurks
17th
Kyle
17th
Huny Bear
17th
New Zen
17th
pr0t0
17th
Zest
25th
Erich
25th
Hook
25th
Wesker
25th
FireFox 64
25th
Bam!
25th
Deck Hull
25th
Youtwo
25th
MURF
33rd
Child Star
34th
Ignore this
35th
Ignore this too

BIO 5 Melee Doubles
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
Pikachad+J00t
2nd
ZZ Top Tier
3rd
Jimb0+Winnar
4th
Ryker+Moogle
5th
Smoof+Pr0t0
5th
M&M+Zest
7th
Murf+FireFox64
7th
ATM+Forerunner
9th
Zen+Chongo
9th
JakeTP+CgBurks
9th
Hook+Child Star
9th
Erich+Merk

(no PM challonge bracket, sorry)
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
Pikachad (tie)
$39.60
1st
J00t (tie)
$39.60
1st
Keno (tie)
$39.60
4th
Ryker
5th
Zylo
5th
Moogle
7th
Met
7th
Jimb0
9th
Smoof
9th
Jake The Preacher
9th
MURF
9th
Zoma
13th
Bob
13th
Flame Blade 2
13th
Etine
13th
Cubelarooso
17th
Cynic
17th
CgBurks
17th
Bam!
17th
Child Star
17th
Huny Bear
17th
Hook
17th
pr0t0
17th
Erich
25th
FireFox64
25th
Toast
25th
Silver
25th
MVU
25th
Chongo
25th
Steel
25th
Spillman
25th
Bass
33rd
DavieB (forfeit)

Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
Pikachad+J00t (tie)
1st
Moogle+Keno (tie)
3rd
ZZ Top Tier
4th
Ryker+Met
5th
Hook+Child Star
5th
Murf+FireFox64
7th
Smoof+Pr0t0
7th
JakeTP+CgBurks
9th
Zen+Chongo
9th
Rescue Pets
9th
Erich+Flame Blade 2
9th
Silver+Bass (DQ)

Last edited:

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts:

@ Zoma Zoma Thanks for being an awesome doubles partner and TO. There were definitely moments when you carried me hard. You'll get Winnar next time ;)

@ j00t j00t It was great to finally see you at one of our tournaments.

@ moogle moogle Always a pleasure. Playing you is a blast.

@ -Chad- -Chad- Thanks for deciding to come down to Tuscaloosa and show us how to play some smash. Your doc made me feel really dumb. It was fun.

@ swordzenmaster swordzenmaster Manned the TO booth like a champ your commentary with @ Chongo Chongo was enjoyable as always.

@ _Keno_ _Keno_ I think you're 7-0 on me in tournament sets. Next time though!!

@Erich Sorry that we kind of screwed you with the bracket placement. On the plus side, you got to play Chad? Yeah, you were better than where we put you. I apologize. Also, it was lame what happened in doubles. I should've let you team with kevin/given you a refund.

@ #HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker and @ Metmetm3t Metmetm3t thanks for coming all the way up to Tuscaloosa to play some smash with us. Next time I promise to take you up on that IHOP.

.Hook

Smash Apprentice
Just in case it matters

In PM Singles
-MVU used Mario and Ganondorf
-Jimb0 used Falco and Fox
-.Hook only used Mario
-Flame Blade 2 used Roy and Zelda
-CGB used ZSS

In PM Doubles
-Child Star + .Hook beat both CGB+Jake and Pr0t0+Smoof in losers, they both got 7th? Is that a thing? I'm gonna feel dumb if that's a thing.

In Melee Singles
-Child Star used CFal
-Murf used CFal
-.Hook used Fox and Marth (hence why I definitely didn't win anything)
-If CGB didn't also use CFal I'd be incredibly surprised

In Melee doubles
-Child Star+.Hook went double Marth in the only game we won just put that (we're the best)

If it doesn't matter, disregard, just figured it might for stats and whatnot.

Last edited:

_Keno_

Smash Lord
I would have wanted to play more matches, even that late, if the stream was still up. I especially want high-level matches of mine to be recorded. Speaking of which, is there a way to check all of the matches streamed?

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
I would have wanted to play more matches, even that late, if the stream was still up. I especially want high-level matches of mine to be recorded. Speaking of which, is there a way to check all of the matches streamed?
They're on the twitch.tv/hsvasl archive. I'm not sure what the plans are for uploading.

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
They're all in one big video in the Huntsville twitch archives, and by the way Keno, would you consider our matches from Saturday high level or combo video?

Chongo

Smash Rookie
Lost every match ever. Still a blast both playing and commentating! Cant wait for the next tourney!

Last edited:

Flame Blade 2

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
FIRE#119
NNID
Flame_Blade_2
3DS FC
5473-0513-9540
It was fun. I feel like I placed around where I expected in PM singles, but looking at that doubles placement makes me depressed. Really feel like I let Erich down there... 20XX ain't an easy year to live in though.

Merk

Smash Rookie
I'm honestly pretty stoked I picked up a set win after the whole semester of inactivity thing. I'm coming out of retirement in the spring though - prepare yourselves for the jankiest Falco that ever janked this side of the Jankissippi.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
It was fun. I feel like I placed around where I expected in PM singles, but looking at that doubles placement makes me depressed. Really feel like I let Erich down there... 20XX ain't an easy year to live in though.
Yo, get outta here. 20XX is so much easier for Roy. No Peach, no Shiek, no Ganon, no ICs. I'm about that life.

Smoof

Smash Cadet
NNID
SmashMastr98
3DS FC
1332-7766-7726
Just in case it matters

In PM Singles
-MVU used Mario and Ganondorf
-Jimb0 used Falco and Fox
-.Hook only used Mario
-Flame Blade 2 used Roy and Zelda
-CGB used ZSS

In PM Doubles
-Child Star + .Hook beat both CGB+Jake and Pr0t0+Smoof in losers, they both got 7th? Is that a thing? I'm gonna feel dumb if that's a thing.

In Melee Singles
-Child Star used CFal
-Murf used CFal
-.Hook used Fox and Marth (hence why I definitely didn't win anything)
-If CGB didn't also use CFal I'd be incredibly surprised

In Melee doubles
-Child Star+.Hook went double Marth in the only game we won just put that (we're the best)

If it doesn't matter, disregard, just figured it might for stats and whatnot.
That Double Marth really caught me off guard i didn't know what do against a double Marth lol

Top Bottom