• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Biggest "that was awesome" moment?

Rames

Smash Rookie
I could be anything! Some massive fluke you did, some huge combo, you name it.

I'll give you an example, a crappy example, but an example nonetheless: I was Samus, fighting Captain Falcon. We were battling it off-stage, we were both falling to our deaths, last stock each, but then CF did is F-air (knee-grab) which then shot me back onto the stage, but caused him to fall to his death, causing me to win the game :laugh:.

Tell us yours!

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Team battle

me (TL) and a link vs gnw and marth

the gnw died and me and the link were still alive, marth was on his last stock

I grab the marth so the link can attack him while hes in my grab, he got out of the grab though.

Ugh, I don't know the details but anyways

we both Fsmashed him at the same time, and won. It was awesome. it was like simultaneous too

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I was in an FFA and and I was Ness while one of my opponents was Snake.

Anyways, I managed to spike Snake to his death, but I had to fast-fall out of my double-jump to do it. Before he died, he threw a grenade up. Since I had no double-jump, I had to PK Thunder to recover. However, the grenade hit my PK Thunder, blew up, and stage-spiked me. XD

It's true what they say, "Even in death, Snake can still kill you." =P

I even have a replay of it!

lcampoy8

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1220-8395-9035
in a team battle

Ike(me) and TL vs MK and TL

MK was recovering from below the stage then I spiked TL, hit MK and they both died

I wished I saved it...

DLO

Smash Journeyman
i was vs my friend
diddy (me) vs Marth
we fight offstage, at the under- left of FD.
he was in the way of recovery,so i B^ and spiked him to the death.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
I was Wario-Man at the time in an FFA. I used the bike to KO one enemy, then I jumped off and wafted in mid-air, killing another one. BEST. COMBO. EVER.

Jarun

Smash Cadet
i was lucas (obviously) i had been knocked off the stage, and had only 1 choice, go under the stage (pretty hard with lucas) i did the pk fire, psi magnet, second jump, and PK thunder and bam i made it and won :D

TP

Smash Master
I was against 3 level 9 cpu Ganondorfs (boredom). One was off the ledge, so I went to spike him, and another followed me. I ended up footstool jumping off the lower one into the upper one, who got hit by the spike. Both died.

Veggi

Smash Champion
I was in an online free-for-all with a Pit player, Ivysaur and Game and Watch, with me being DK on Jungle Japes. There was a blast box that spawned on the right platform, so the Ivysaur picks it up and throws it onto the center platform, the Pit player is using his repeated neutral A combo and the box gets pushed through it and I Giant Punche the box which blow up all of us. The roof of JJ is very large so me and the Pit player survived and he was right above me in the air, so I uair him in kill him at the ceiling of the stage.

Another time I used DK's fair meteor to smash Falco out of his illusion which caused him to bounch off the side of the stage and lose his stock.

Once I caped only Popo while he was in the middle of his up-b. Using FLUDD on Lucas and Ness' recovery is fun too.

Dxt XXII

Smash Journeyman
I was lucas against my bro, kirby. I had one stock left, and he had his full 3. We were in the bottom right corner of FD off stage, and he was getting ready to bair me to a 3 stock. I got in front of him, baired, and he died. I did my second jump and pkt2, and bet if I was a millimeter farther away I wouldnt have grabbed the edge. I eventually won that match :)

ixdnL

Smash Journeyman
It's always awesome when two players fsmash at the same time and go flying to towards their respective blast zones on their last stock. There always that instant of silence, then the uproar.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
DLO's sig. (haha I remember that)
jk

Umm...idk, with Toon Link, Dairing Wario's fully charged waft and it was just like..."wow...."
And I called that guy and he refused to pick up his phone.

JacobWins

Smash Journeyman
I turn around Falcon Punched Wario when he was turning his bike around

That same match....(Port Town Aero Drive)

Wario was just sitting barely off road and caught me in his mouth, and a car came and hit me out of wario's mouth....

It's definately one of those ''had to be watching'' moments

zacharia zako

Smash Journeyman
this may not sound that epic but...

i was ness vs 3 level 5 jigglypuff computers ( yah i know...)

I had killed the first and the remaining two were on thier last stock

I did i PK flash and double ko'ed them.

it was amazing becuase they both crossed eachother in the air after getting hit from the PK flash attack

CR4SH

Smash Lord
Yesterday!

I was at a weekly local that I frequent. In the quarterfinals I was paired with the same guy that wins every week (and usually never drops a game). First game, he tore me to pieces on FD, second game I took him to brinstar. We were both down to our last stock, but I was at like 130, and he was at 50ish. He was lucario, as always, so he's going to live MUCH longer, if all things go as per usual. So I'm a bit desperate, and all of the sudden, he lets me in close!

Jab-SHORYUUKEN!

And I win the set. The room exploded,I threw my hat off and danced a bit. Then he took me back to FD and smacked me around :dizzy:

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
Jeez. Well I've had a lot of ridiculous combos, kills, 0-XX% kills and such in the tournament setting.

But I think one of the coolest things I've done was in a friendly item match back in the days of Melee. A fan dropped, me and my opponent were on the back of the Corneria level. Long story short, I did a lot of fan throwing -> attack opponent -> catch fan in mid air -> throw fan at opponent -> attack him again -> pick up fan -> repeat.

I'm pretty sure he went from 0-90% damage because of it. Considering tournament rules call for no items, that's probably one the only times I would be able to do something like that.

Patinator

Smash Champion
I once Reverse Falcon Punched a Jigglypuff out of a fully charged Roll Out.
I got one like this. Just for lulz, I decided to KO a Ness (Lv 1 CPU) with Ganondorf's Warlock Punch. As I initiated it, Ness shot up a PK Thunder... Drove it into himself...

Guess what happened. *Warlock...* *YAAAH!* *PUNCH!!!* *OUCH!* *GAME!*

THAT, fellow Smashboardians, is what it means to play Ganondorf. :bee:

WulfFla$h

Smash Cadet
I was in a free-for-all brawl match. I was Wolf and the three others were CPUs.
Everything was totally chaos. Just hit each other all the time. Suddenly all of us were over a pit and I spiked all of the CPUs to their death O_O Kinda epic finish, I didn't replay it though :ohwell:

Sonic on the Rocks

Smash Lord
I had a Ganondorf fight.

There were 2 CPUs left, we were all Ganondorf. I Warlock Punched both off the side of Final Destination and chased them off. I footstool jumped off of one, going above the one on top of him, d-airing him off the stage, hitting him into the one I jumped off of which then somehow got shot up above me and did the same thing.

That is the only time I have ever seen a CPU as awesome.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
An awesome moment...

Well, I was Ike, and my friend was Marth. Like usual, we have our heated battles on Final Destination. At one point in the fight, I knocked Marth off the stage, and he tried to tried to recover. So I thought, what the heck? And I tried to spike him with D-tilt while he was doing Dolphin Slash.

And it worked.

And the crowd went wild.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
My brother and I did boss battle on intense, both as Captain Falcon. We got prety far just spamming the knee and Falcon Punch. We even killed Porky through simultaneous Falcon Punches coming from both sides. I can't remember how we were finally defeated though.

Rambo Hayabusa

Smash Apprentice
Falcon(me) vs. Ganondorf(friend) I'm up 2-1 in stocks on FD: turning PAWNCH! Ganondorf flies off stage to the far right and I follow up with another Falcon Pawnch from off stage GAME:laugh:.

Another was a with anyone team battle Me Falcon and Someone vs. another Falcon and someone else on FD with items. Final seconds the other Falcon dies by a bumper, he comes back Pawnching, unfortunately a moving crates spawns and guess what? He lands on top of that crate and gets rolled out instant 0% ko GAME:chuckle:.

Saved the replay of the last one. Whoever sees that in spectator is in for a treat:lick:.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
I was Yoshi, he was Ness. It was on Lylat Cruise, after a free-for-all.

We were both up there in percentage. I ate him, and him off the edge. Ness jumps, and is almost back to the edge. He launches PK thunder. Just before the lighting goes up his ***...

KA-POW! FAIR METEOR! THE WINNER IS.... YOSHI! DAAAAH, DAH DAH DAH DAAAAAH, DAH DAH DAH DAAAAAAAH, DAH DAH DAH, DUN DUN DUN DUN!

It was epic.

shadowtroop

Smash Ace
idiot pkchu spamin thunder in a ffa, there were 2 wolfs (I was one) and some other noob
----- ||-------
_(w)||(w)_---
----- ||--------
------p-----
*ohshi* *300%* *PIIIIIIIIIIIKAAAAAAAAA*

(W)=reflecting wolf
||=thundershi
p=crap pikacrap
-=nothing

PkTrainerCris

Smash Ace
Two, both with captain falcon
One time, predicted where zelda was going to appear after the farore's wind and reverse falcon punched her.... that was just cool
Other day, i was playing a friendly with a marth main on hyrule temple, on his last life he was at like 200%, then i dsmashed him on the cave zone, he hit the wall and went to the lower left corner,i tried to recover with dolphin slash but he was just too far, so i jumped after him, fastfalled and landed an epic sweetspotted knee.

Denzi

Smash Master
My friend (Falco) and me (Ike) were fighting. I hit him offstage and started charging Eruption. He tried to illusion through me and got hit by a fully charged eruption and died.

Another one: Me (G&W) and my friend (Falco) vs two thunderspamming Pikas on their last stock. I had one thunder bucketed and was above the Pikas. They both thunder right as I use the bucket. I fall down, my friend grabs a Pia, the other runs over to help his teammate, and... BAM! 60% and instant kills for everyone! Yay!

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
When I was Snake and my opponent was Yoshi , both of us were on our last stock, had over 120%, Yoshi F-Smash'ed but missed, I jumped pummeling Yoshi with a D-Smash and BOOM!

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Oh, I forgot to mention another thing that happened during that match I said earlier. =P

After Snake was eliminated, it was only me as Ness and two others and Ganondorf and DK. The match continued, but at one point DK was under both me and Ganondorf and we spiked him AT THE SAME TIME! =O

The only thing I could say was, "Owned." =P

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
My Peach versus some Samus I don't recall.

Last stock, towards the top of the screen, I uair and they spike.

They slowly star KO while I get smashed toward the bottom. I jam my umbrella and slowely float to my death/win.

A-Tron

Smash Cadet
CAPN FALCO AND GANONDORF (gargamel), capn ****** spikes with dair and gargamel footstools him ( complete fluke), looks awesome, i have a video somewheres

Top Bottom