• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Biggest nerf?

RidleyDSMS

Smash Rookie
It seems like Marth's up b is kind of sluggish in terms of direction according to staind's video. What appears to be a decent marth player gets screwed twice by it.

Ulevo

Smash Master
My vote would have to go to, based on my visual experience (since I haven't played it yet), Sheiks Fair, Peaches DSmash, or Samus's Charge Shot. All three seem very poor in power now.

pirkid

Smash Lord
De-Merio's Recovery
Metriod's Charge Shot
Turnip's D-Smash
Shank, Rice Clingers and Catpain Flaken's EVERYTHING.
C*Ocks's Speed
Bird-man's KO Ability
Kink's Up-B
Noss (Against Mucas, he's poor)
Zotba's Neutral-B

That's all I can think of right now.

Superstarmario

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi. As much as I hate him and laugh at his misfortune, I can't for the life of me, figure how he got nerfed to be even WORSE. Were the only vids of him Sakurai and Co saw of him were newbies spamming down b?

JNS

Smash Cadet
Peach's downsmash,
marth's range

Yoshi.No DJC. The only crap melee charachter who got worse. Actually the only charachter to be nerfed twice.

Sometimes i ask, does sakurai even play the **** game?

mezbomber

Smash Journeyman
I've been clocking several hours on this game, and I'm of the opinion that everything broken was fixed. The only circumstance in which I think it's fair to call nerfing is with Yoshi. Even without the third jump in Melee, he could essentially make up for it with DJCing into some wicked moves. So far, he feels quite useless without it. Maybe I just need to play as Yoshi more to figure his game out...but for the most part I wouldn't call these things nerfed, as they have merely added more balance to the characters.

I used to main Peach in melee, and while I'm very disappointed in her new lack of priority and starting lag of her nair (what do you mean I can't dair to nair anymore?) I'm so glad I don't have to hear my friends whining about anytime I use a dsmash. Even if it slips out once in a match, suddenly it's "the only reason I won and I'm nothing without that move." Eventually, I just put a soft ban on myself using Peach's dsmash, and still kicked *** with her.

I often wonder if people's description of broken depends on what character they play. For instance, why do Falco players complain about his dair being harder to sweetspot (it's still a spike if you nail it right), but praise the nerfing of Peach's dsmash?

I find spikes (not meteors) to be the utmost pinnacle of broken in melee. In melee, Falco's spike is not hard to connect with at all, and it means instant KO...unless of course it's done by the ledge which gives the receiving end a slight chance to cancel it by pulling off one of the hardest ATs in the game...ledge teching.

Because of Marth and Falco still being able to spike (not meteor smash) their dairs (granted it's slightly more difficult to sweetspot), I can't complain about any nerfing. Instead, I complain about the lack for even more necessary nerfing: specifically these two aforementioned moves.

But then it's hard to continue complaining when this game is SO FREAKIN' SWEET IT MAKES MY FINGERNAILS BLEED. I love me some Brawl.

Chains

Smash Apprentice
I'll agree with everybody else here and say it was peaches d-smash or her n-air.

Big Burn

Smash Lord
lol its funny cause my cousin who claims he is loyal to sheik i gurantee will switch to zero suit samus now...and he always gave me **** about being a tier *****

Demongod86

Smash Apprentice
Sheik got directly nerf-*****. Falcon got destroyed due to the new mechanics (and his knee got nerfed hard now that it's FAR harder to connect with in order to get THE KNEE)

Falcon and Sheik seemed to have gone from god tier to LOL tier.

Patinator

Smash Champion
Ncstate21, you have a point. While I've only seen four gameplay videos, and those only showcasing Special Moves and a few Aerials, the game didn't SEEM slower...

BOTA

Smash Apprentice
i hate to read this board cause all it does is make me sad cause im going to have to change how i play :/

Top Bottom