• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Big secret muscles

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
I didn't know DK country was on the Gameboy :O
Yep yep. They released all three of them for Game Boy. I didn't like them very much since I thought the contrast was too dark and I had a hard time making out stuff. I think they were called Donkey Kong Land 1, 2, and 3.

I'd love to see a remake of DKC. It was a great game. My biggest complaint was it was too short. DKC 2 was probably my favorite though (Diddy was freaking rigged in that game btw). I liked the the music of that game the best. Didn't like DKC 3 though; it made me mad that they didn't put Donkey Kong back in. Why the heck would you make Baby Kong when you could have DK back?

...Should I do an introduction? Haha, I mostly play around with DK since he's one of my favorite characters, but I don't actually main him.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
**** yeah, DK is amazing. Might as well show my face around the DK boards even though it's still dead :(

- Real Name? *NEW* (Optional)

My real name is Darren Thomas Proctor.
Try and figure out how I came up with my username haha

I lack creativity sometimes......

- How Did You Come Up With Your Gamer Tag? *NEW QUESTION*

Oh, uh...... see above.

I used my initials obviously. But I like my initials so whatever.
I used to go by Samusbrawler but got a name change about a year ago.

Again, try and figure out how I came up with my old username lol

- Your Age

I'm 19 years old. I turn 20 in September :)

- Where You're From

I'm from Canada! It's kinda lame though, iunno.
More specifically though, I'm from Alberta. Only cool thing around is the mountains imo. Which I've been to once....

- A Picture Of Yourself

[collapse=Pics of Me!]Some pics from my vacation this summer.

Me on the beach!

Yeah, I know, a ****ing tiger.[/collapse]

- Favorite Video Games

Hmm.....I'm not sure tbh. I forget about most games after I play them so I can't think of many right now.

Some I do love though are Final Fantasy 10, SSBB (Of course), Pokemon in general, Dragon Age: Origins.
Looking forward to Gran Turismo 5 and Final Fantasy 14!

- Why Do You Main Your Character in Brawl? Do you attend Tournaments?

I'm seriously thinking about maining the big guy. I've only been using him for less than 2 weeks now and I almost want to drop the rest of my characters for him and him alone.
At the moment, I duel main Peach and Luigi, secondary Kirby, and I try to fit in Zelda/Sheik and Samus from time to time. I've been using these characters since brawls release. It pains me to say that I've JUST realized DK's greatness :(

I do attend tournaments. There aren't many where I live however and I've been missing the last few due to my vacation and work :(

- Interesting Things About Yourself

I love to travel!
I love seeing new places and meeting new people and experiencing new things. It's something I want to do for the rest of my life. I want to see the world and all the beautiful and amazing things it has to offer.

I've been playing video games since....forever basically lol
Played melee from it's release until brawl came out basically. Never got into the competitive scene because I never knew it existed.
I know what you're thinking, "Was this guy living under a god **** rock?!" lol
But I honestly didn't know about it. To this day I think I've played more hours on Melee than any other game in my life. I suck at it now though. Also, Mewtwo should have been in brawl. I was gonna main him no matter what, until I found out he was cut. (wtf Sakurai!!)

Anyways, I play Volleyball. Beach Volleyball specifically. I love to Scuba dive! ( I wanna go for my advanced lessons sometime soon. I can't get enough of Music. I listen to it everyday and sing everyday (To myself lol). I wish I could play an instrument but I'll just stick with vocals haha

I don't watch TV, ever and I hate reading books. I love to eat and drink in mass amounts (lol)
I work part time as a Waiter and am currently trying to figure out what I want to do in life before I go to college for it.

I'm gay even though I wish I wasn't, but there's nothing I can do to change that lol
So I'll try and make the best of it.

I tend to keep typing stuff about myself apparently.

I'm half black, or 1/4 black lol
I barely even know for sure as dumb as that sounds.

There more but I think I'll stop for now :)

Scabe

Successful Businessman
LOL nice bio DTP, your seem like a awesome guy and wtf a Tiger! :eek:

I think it's cool that most of you guys like FFX, man that game was amazing.

And yeah Huggles you should make an introduction. :bee:

ook

Smash Lord
I loved the Donkey Kong Land gameboy games. They were different games, not just ports of DKC.
In the first one, there was this one level in the sky with a bunch of moving platforms that was near impossible to beat. So out of frustration I rolled off the first platform to my death on purpose... but it started playing the "you beat the level" music. :freak: I was like WTF. Apparently it was a secret way to beat the level

oh god here it is... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=al4gtzlqMeM
such bad memories

PolarBear

Smash Journeyman
* Chris
* IRL I'm a polar bear. You all can call me PB though.
* Central Jersey
* :dk: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b237/masterbeaf/34551_1386223099018_1335240163_3118.jpg
* Civilization series for the PC.
* I used to always play DK for the N64 smash when I was a kid. I used to like him because he was the biggest and most powerful and I would just use his smashes all day. I didn't get into Melee until the time Brawl was released. I saw some videos of Bum and realised that DK could actually be a good character. I play Peach in Melee, but I tried out DK in Brawl and he just kind of fit my playstyle. I also use Snake and Kirby. I don't really go to tournaments except for online ones. Most of my friends are into Melee and I haven't really been motivated to go to one by myself.
* I'm a big movie enthusiast and spend much of my free time watching them. My favorite movies are the works of Charlie Kaufman, Martin Scorsese, Ingmar Bergman, and David Lynch. I'm also into music, especially hip hop. I exercise a lot and read in my free time. Over all I'm an open minded and nice guy.

I'm looking for some friendlies with DK players and just to get myself known a bit in the community.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
So we have you who says IRL your a Polar Bear, and then we have another member (Seton) who thinks he's a mushroom. :psycho:

I loved the Donkey Kong Land gameboy games. They were different games, not just ports of DKC.
In the first one, there was this one level in the sky with a bunch of moving platforms that was near impossible to beat. So out of frustration I rolled off the first platform to my death on purpose... but it started playing the "you beat the level" music. :freak: I was like WTF. Apparently it was a secret way to beat the level

oh god here it is... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=al4gtzlqMeM
such bad memories
LOL. Man I really wish I had tech skill like that. I don't think I've ever gotten far with playing platform games.

PolarBear

Smash Journeyman
Umm, I don't think I'm a polar bear, I AM a polar bear. Our paws actually have accurate enough motor skills to play with a controller.
Ignore the picture I posted.

Hey Scabe, would you mind playing some friendlies with me sometime?

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
LOL nice bio DTP, your seem like a awesome guy and wtf a Tiger! :eek:

I think it's cool that most of you guys like FFX, man that game was amazing./color]

haha thanks. And yeah, petting Tigers was ****ing awesome, you don't even know.
I want one :(

And FFX was amazing. I'm gonna play it again after I get around to beating FF13 lol

@PolarBear,
Scabe's Link is too pro! I honestly think he has the best Link lol
Basically it'd be so ballin to play him, if he plays wifi in the first place.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Yeah I'll be happy to WiFi you PolarBear, my internet is real ghetto at the moment (almost all the time), plus I live in Australia so we'll definitely lag but if you don't mind all that, perhaps tomorrow we could try.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Real Name?
David
How Did You Come Up With Your Gamer Tag?
Well, my last name is Hughes, which was kinda a nickname in college. Some friends and I were playing rummy one night, and someone with horrible horrible handwriting wrote down my name on the paper we were using to keep score. Someone else looked at the paper later that night and said "What does this say? Who is this? Does this say 'Huggles?'" Thus, my nickname, not only in Brawl, but pretty much in everything, was born.

Your Age
22. I turn 23 in August.

Where You're From
South Carolina.

A Picture Of Yourself

That's me on the left with my two brothers. Haha, that picture is three days old. We're in the middle of a two week vacation in Florida, so that's Disney Castle in the background.
Favorite Video GamesI'm a fan of the old classics. Super Mario 3, Mario 64, Zelda 64, DKC 2, Final Fantasy 6, Tales of Symphonia... Haha, do I really need to list Super Smash Bros.?

Why Do You Main Your Character in Brawl?
I main Link because he is super awesome. 'Nuff said (although I enjoy his playstyle a lot too, haha). I have about 7 or 8 characters vying to be my secondary though. Wolf is probably top of that list, although Captain Falcon, Peach, Donkey Kong, and Diddy Kong are all characters I like playing.

Do you attend Tournaments?
Not yet, haha. Actually, I've been desperately looking for a tournament to attend for months now, but the SC scene is pretty much dead. I think I've gotten good enough in the past months to have a shot at local tournies at least.
Interesting Things About Yourself
I really love ultimate frisbee. I play it whenever I get the chance.

I'm a huge Dallas Cowboys fan (my dad grew up in Dallas). I've been to one of their games before; it was quite an experience (although it was about 8 years ago during the Dave Campo years, meaning we sucked then.)

I've been on TV before too! I was on ESPN Gameday. For the Clemson-Georgia Tech game a year ago some friends and I got painted head to toe since we had front row seats, and we were the guys they shot for the intro before the game. Haha, apparently throughout the game they kept flashing back to me talking about my "team spirit" because I was jumping as high as I possibly could (I never saw the game on TV since noone I knew recorded it and I was busy yelling at the players who were like 15 feet in front of me while it was on, haha). So yeah, my claim to fame, haha.

PolarBear

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking of playing Scabe's DK for a little to see how the people on this board play him. I'm not a fan of dittos so I'll probably like to switch my character up a bit and also play his Link. I'll try to contact you sometime tomorrow Scabe for those friendlies. I appreciate it. Most likely it will lag but we can give it a shot anyway.

D0N

Smash Ace
I was thinking of playing Scabe's DK for a little to see how the people on this board play him. I'm not a fan of dittos so I'll probably like to switch my character up a bit and also play his Link. I'll try to contact you sometime tomorrow Scabe for those friendlies. I appreciate it. Most likely it will lag but we can give it a shot anyway.
Scabe is a link main lol. You should still play him though.

haha thanks. And yeah, petting Tigers was ****ing awesome, you don't even know.
I want one :(
It never crossed my mind that the tiger was real... :eek:

Scabe

Successful Businessman
I'm training up my DK. I've learnt alot from Silfa's DK. I find him hard to use against some characters, but man I love his brutality. People always somehow get hit by his cargo punch. Like the range of that is insane.

D0N

Smash Ace
Really? Cool, I had no idea. You think you will ever use him for some matchups in tourney?

Scabe

Successful Businessman
I'm starting to consider using other characters in tourney but my pride always holds me back and I just stick with Link. I don't think any of my characters is as good as Link yet. I have DK, Pikachu, ZSS and Marth.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
I've been considering using DK as a secondary. He covers most of Link's super awful matchups (as opposed to the regular awful ones, haha) decently well. Except for Dedede. Both of them get beat pretty hard by Dedede :(

There's people on the street getting diseases from monkeys
Yeah, that's what I said - they're getting diseases from monkeys
Now there's chunkies with monkey disease
Who's touching these monkeys, please
Leave these poor sick monkeys alone
They've got problems enough as it is.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Haha, it's Flight of the Conchords. I never realized they were a TV show; I just thought they were a band. My brother has been playing Flight of the Conchords Youtube videos like nonstop. Plus, it was an excuse to post that picture, hahaha.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
I'm sexually intimidated by Donkey Kong.

Is this normal, fellow DK mains? Do I stand alone in this line of fear, walking on my own into this dark path of rejection and jealousy!?

WHY DO I THINK THAT MY PEACH AND DONKEY KONG FOOL AROUND SOMEWHERE OFF IN A CORNER BEHIND MY BACK(WITHOUT MY CONSENT)?!

D0N

Smash Ace
Interview thread returning early next month... gonna pick things back up starting with Will since his interview was cut if he doesn't mind.

AND IF I ASK YOU FOR AN INTERVIEW, YOU AGREE, BUT DONT ANSWER QUESTIONS... :mad:!!!!

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I'm sexually intimidated by Donkey Kong.

Is this normal, fellow DK mains? Do I stand alone in this line of fear, walking on my own into this dark path of rejection and jealousy!?
I need to bold things in red more often for emphasis haha
It works well.

WHY DO I THINK THAT MY PEACH AND DONKEY KONG FOOL AROUND SOMEWHERE OFF IN A CORNER BEHIND MY BACK(WITHOUT MY CONSENT)?!
Yeah, I always found Peach to be kinda slutty too.
It's partly why I main her.
lol

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
I need to bold things in red more often for emphasis haha
It works well.

Yeah, I always found Peach to be kinda slutty too.
It's partly why I main her.
lol
I know, right?

But it's okay. As long as I can join in.

It takes TWO to TANGO, but THREE to CONGA!

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
What are you guys on about... :p
Nuthin'. lol. Just me being weird. XDD!

And trying to be more social here

I think I wanna take over the thread for DK's Torney stages and counter pics.

I'll need some sort of start off instructions since I've never done anything like this before.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Nuthin'. lol. Just me being weird. XDD!

And trying to be more social here
This.

DK mains shy or something? Or too busy? lol
It'd be cool to have the DK boards be more social/active in general.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Yeah it's usually quiet in here, so I appreciate the socializing even if it is a little odd :p Anyways, I'll be in the DK chatroom :)

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Yeah it's usually quiet in here, so I appreciate the socializing even if it is a little odd :p Anyways, I'll be in the DK chatroom :)
Yeah, I'm very Odd, and you'll get that from me A LOT. So don't worry, I'm pretty sure none of the DK mains would mind it. :p

But yeah Peach + Donkey Kong = :love:

So are their any Donkey Kong musicians here? Any artists?

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I wish I could play an instrument. It'd be really cool.

Only thing I can do decently well is sing.
But I'm too nervous to sing in front of most people.....

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
I can rap...I once randomly rap battled someone at my high school for ten dollars and won, so everyone made me do it more and now I'm unintentionally good at it.

Also, we need to somehow get a DK to top 4 at MLG Raleigh and/or DC. Who's up for the challenge?

ook

Smash Lord
I've been trying to learn harmonica, but it's hard cause you can't see or feel the holes you're playing. You just gotta learn the spacing, which is hard when you're first starting off and just trying to play the thing
I can kinda sorta play ukulele, maybe I'll upload a vid later (but nowhere near scabes' level, that was great)
and I can whistle

I like the cheap instruments :chuckle:

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
:) Wow, nice. Yeah, the only thing I play is piano, but I also sing.

I'm seriously planning on entering American Idol(don't laugh).

Only if they come back to Texas though... :f

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
WILL!<3

That's awesomesauce. I've been playing piano since I was 15. I should have started when I was 8 though. Everytime I played for a judge, they said I had a natural feel and talent for piano. :)

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Piano and Violin are my two favorite instruments!

Who knew DK mains were so musical.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Ohh yeah, I love the arts. Especially martial arts. :)

But yeah I think my Donkey Kong side is me being Half Body Builder/ Fat ***. :D

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
I've been a part of many all county and all state orchestras too, including full orchestras with woodwinds, brass, percussion, etc. I don't play as much anymore though =/ though I wish I did. I guess I'm just not as motivated as I used to be.

When I was kid I always wanted to be a professional violinist, at least on the side of my eventual career. But I kind of got discouraged once I saw how many people were beyond amazing and I never thought I could be as good. That's probably because I never really practiced though and was naturally able to audition well =P

Top Bottom