• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Big Rapids MI, Smash 3DS and MarioKart 8 free tourny

SeasonsGuide

Smash Rookie

THIS TOURNAMENT IS MEANT TO ATTRACT INTEREST IN THE BIG RAPIDS AREA
I have been itching to try and put together some sort of "meet-and-greet" in the area to try and figure out what the scene is like around Big Rapids. Finally I was able to put the leg work into it making this a reality for Big Rapids.

Everything is Free.
Date: Friday, November 7th 2014.

Time: 10am - 6pm
No need to preregister

Currently, there are no prizes or awards.
(Usually, I get local businesses involved for free tournaments, but since I'm still new to the area I will have to do some heavy leg work in order to find prospects.)

Smash Bros 3DS
- Doubles and Singles
- No Items
- 3 Stock
- 8 Mins
- Team Attack ON
- Stages will be limited to:
- Final Destination
- Battlefield
- All Omega Versions
-Custom Move Sets Allowed
-Custom Equipment Banned

(All rule sets are still a work in progress and I'm open to suggestions and ideas)
(Physical Rules will be made available on site)

MarioKart 8
(Ruleset below in progress)
- Random Races
- 4 tracks
- CPU Normal
- Bring Your Own Controller!
- No one is allowed the use of the gamepad since there is only one per system.

(Once again, I'm open to suggestions)
(I have all the currect DLC as well)

426 S Michigan Ave, Big Rapids Township, MI 49307

The location of the tournament will be in the Big Rapids Community Library basement.
Parking is in the library's lot or along the road near the library.

Thanks all for taking a look or taking interest in supporting these sorts of events int he BR area. In the future I have plans to host pay to play tournaments with collective pots for prizes so long as there is interest. Since I was unsure of the turnout and because of the time slot I don't exactly expect a ton of people, but being a college town there should be a decent handful of local turnout. I'm pretty good at advertising these sorts of things with posters.

Top Bottom