• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BiB:3S - *EUROPEAN ROAD TO APEX* - Leon, Luigi_player, quiK, BluB, cyve & more!!

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Seems like we got housing spots again, so does anyone still need housing? (I know kinda late, but I only know this since yesterday ^^)

Edit: Only 1 or 2 spots left now again.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
From Friday to Sunday you can sleep in the venue.

Do you need housing for other days?

Btw. @ norwegians: Do you guys need housing?

Jebu-95

Smash Journeyman
Casiolove, you got thisss !!
I barely know him and we've met/played only once and that was at some random gaming expo where we played brawl with wiimotes because they were the only available controllers xD

btw, Where are the other Finns?? Guess we're too busy bathing in saunas while playing angry birds on nokia phones or staring at the wall or other bizarre activities.

Anyhow, he's way too good for this tourney.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Then I'm probably not going to need it, gonna leave it to them who really do. But I still need to find a sleeping bag xD
Well buy you one =D
I cant help you on that, only have one, sry x)
You can try to sleep on a table or chairs if possible, some people do that ^^

Airslash

Smash Journeyman
Aahh, I think I can do this!

The only issue is transportation! I'm not 18 (which is the legal age to get a license in Denmark).
If anyone from Denmark, Norway or Sweden is going via driving, will you priv. message me?

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
Aahh, I think I can do this!

The only issue is transportation! I'm not 18 (which is the legal age to get a license in Denmark).
If anyone from Denmark, Norway or Sweden is going via driving, will you priv. message me?
Only me and Hudet are coming from Scandinavia. Hudet is taking the plane from Oslo, I'm actually taking the plane from Aalborg at Friday. It's still pretty cheap, I'd look into it.

@akuma Housing would be handy indeed. Not only would we have a place to spend the night, but after-smashing is always the best part of tournaments.

HeadofHudet

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
5259-5066-0804
That's ok, can you give me his phone number or something (pm)? I will be leaving in 5-6 hours from now and it would be cool if I knew where I was going in this city.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Oh you already need housing today??

You never said that before, or did you xD?

Not sure if Isaac can pick you up today (Or at least not directly) because he has to carry TVs today to the location. But from 8pm on he MAY has time for you I think. (But right now he isnt online, and he already houses some people, so IDK...)

Otherwise I could ask TMT as well, maybe he could house you.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Here are a couple of things that foreigners should know [this is just a translation of a post Akuma made @GSB]:

1) Core Brawl will start EXACTLY at 8 pm, whoever is not in the venue at that time may get disqualified. We will start each event exactly right on time so make sure you know the schedule.

2) There willl be a scheduled time for sleep this time. After Core Brawl there's about an half-hour break, after which all except for 1 or 2 set-ups will be turned off during the night. No objections will be accepted. Disregard this rule and you may even get ejected off the hall and are forced to leave the event. Doubles will start on the next day at 10am so you better get some sleep [again, we will be strict in regards the time plan].

3) Matches / Sets will be played immediately after the announcement, no discussions. You may get disqualified if you start to argue. We have a strict schedule - if you want to watch other people play you do so on the risk of getting disqualified. Generally: if you're not ready to play your set 5 minutes after its announcement you lose a match, if 10 minutes pass you lose the set.

4) If you're assigned to play on a set-up you WILL play there - no lag TV johns or other stuff will be accepted. Start arguing and you'll lose-

5) The tourney staff consists of the following people (talk to them if there are problems):
- Akuma (Obvious)
- Isaak
- Maxdome
- TMT
- Gheb
- Slay

6) There will be no discussion about the pools. We will do our best to provide balanced and unbiased pools. We have a new record on foreign people joining out event so it will be difficult to accurately estimate each player's skill levem. We also acknowledge that the general skill level in germany is pretty stacked in the high-mid level of play. This makes accurate seeding more than just difficult. That means our main priority is being put into regional seeding [but that doesn't mean we're ignoring skill ofc].

7) If you bring a TV please make sure to also bring its remote control with you.

8) Bring along sleeping bags and other stuff you need to sleep: The floor is pretty hard & cold so you better bring your stuff along.
[addendum by Gheb:] There are showers in the venue!!! Use them at least once and if possible use a deodorant as well. I will personall chopp your head off if your hygiene is lacking too much!

9) If you use a hacked Wii please remove all replacement hacks [stage textures, character textures, music hacks]. CSS / SSS hacks are accepted and so are regular tourney hacks, infinte replays and no-tripping.

10) Singles pools will be played in two waves. We will most likely have 8 pools, which means that there will be 2 waves of 4 pools each. Use the time you're not playing to buy food, take a shower and other stuff. You may not get to do that later.

11) All multi-plugs, Wiis and TVs are to be given Akuma - the main host - at the beginning of the tourney. Everything that's not used will be stored in a room, for which only Akuma has the key. This is for your safety so nothing can be taken away without the host's knowledge.
All TVs will be numbered and all Wiis with Replay Hack will be labeled as such. In addition, each TV and Wii will be labeled with the name of its owner.

12) Reminder: All drugs [including Alcohol and Weed] are BANNED in the venue. If you break this rule you will be disqualified from all events and may be permanently ejected from the venue. This may also happen if you enter the venue overly drunk / stoned and turn out to be annoying for the others. If you want to drink or get stoned don't overdo it and keep it out of the venue and go to a public place somewhere outside instead.

13) Complain too much about the bracket or ask about seeing the bracket / TO computer too much and you may get to feel the consequences. This is up to the TO's discretion but might also include disqualification in the worst case. This happened at BiB2 a lot and wasn't only annoying but also delayed the progress of the tourney.

:059:

HeadofHudet

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
5259-5066-0804
I thought I said Thursday to Friday earlier, but I think we'll manage anyway :p I will arrive in Berlin 8:05 pm anyway, and Gardex one hour earlier. I guess it only means he will have to wait for me then (haha lol @ gardex). If it works for Isaac to meet us about 8:15 pm on the airport it would be great. Otherwise, we could make a deal for somewhere else and at another time, if that fits better

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
I'm gotta call him now and ask him if he could take you two as well :3

Edit: He will be able to house you!

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
I only need housing from sunday to monday, btw

6) There will be no discussion about the pools. We will do our best to provide balanced and unbiased pools. We have a new record on foreign people joining out event so it will be difficult to accurately estimate each player's skill levem. We also acknowledge that the general skill level in germany is pretty stacked in the high-mid level of play. This makes accurate seeding more than just difficult. That means our main priority is being put into regional seeding [but that doesn't mean we're ignoring skill ofc].
inb4lowestseed

Top Bottom