• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Better than Wombo Combo - Ice and Fuzzyness at Beast 3

Rocketpowerchill

Smash Ace
This was the best week of smash in along time
better than apex no doubt
first we had a true successor to the wombo combo
****ing hype az **** GF from m2k and hax, omfg dat aziz movement is dabess movement
Armada putting mango in his place
mango isnt even anywhere close to Armadas tier
now I no why Armada retired, cuz theres noone near his tier list

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
60% is exactly what's needed to win a Bo5 set. I think from that result, we can say that Armada is better than Mango (or at least better in the head to head).

Alternatively, we could say the MU is 60-40 for Armada.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
Yea that sounds about right. That's not what most people are thinking/saying though, and I'm explaining that's not a good gauge of mango's skill since this is an extreme match. If anything it just shows how good Armada is, but Mango winning 40% of the games vs a person of that skill level can show how good Mango is.

Rocketpowerchill

Smash Ace
melee logic = dbz logic
mango may lose 60% of the matches from one night after drinking and its 1am
no jons
you cant make any PJSalt conclusions
last night was just two bros playing smash competitively for fun
m2k and hax were having hella fun
smash is fun, brawl is hella gay
i love having fun with my friends playing a childrens party game
THATS WHY WE ****ING PLAY SMASH

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
Armada's Peach vs Mango's Fox was 9-4. which is 70%, Armada got 2 four stocks. Idk how thats close. Especially the part where Armada was rusty(Hasnt played been in 4 months)

M2K- Its true that Mango is proved to be good, but not as good as people think. Recently Mango hasn't been looking so good in general

Lost to PP
2 sets to you(M2K)
A set to Ice
Lost to Armada(Apex 2012, idk if thats so relevant)

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
He lost to PP but he's still beaten PP more than vice versa
He beat me most of the time
He beat Hbox most every time
He 4-0d Ice back
He won 40% of the games vs the best player in the world

And I didn't know it was 9-4; I'm only basing off what someone else told me. Okay yea and that's definitely worse when factoring stuff in. Still I stand by all the things I've said. Also, Armada was playing quite solidly in those matches. Like really really good, so it doesn't matter. Armada is the only person Mango is negative against actually.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
melee logic = dbz logic
mango may lose 60% of the matches from one night after drinking and its 1am
no jons
you cant make any PJSalt conclusions
last night was just two bros playing smash competitively for fun
m2k and hax were having hella fun
smash is fun, brawl is hella gay
i love having fun with my friends playing a childrens party game
THATS WHY WE ****ING PLAY SMASH
The stream was definitely hella fun which is why I'm surprised by Armada's "retiring" stance and why it was so hard to get him and mango to play. Smash is supposed to be something you enjoy. We had the two best players in the world going at it, the double stitch faces, 2 4 stocking mango matches which I dont think I've ever seen, Mike Swagger on the mike, and little Armada and Aniolas. http://www.freewebs.com/ugs1337/medlemmar.htm

It was just a great time overall.

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
Armada's Peach vs Mango's Fox was 9-4. which is 70%, Armada got 2 four stocks. Idk how thats close. Especially the part where Armada was rusty(Hasnt played been in 4 months)

M2K- Its true that Mango is proved to be good, but not as good as people think. Recently Mango hasn't been looking so good in general

Lost to PP
2 sets to you(M2K)
A set to Ice
Lost to Armada(Apex 2012, idk if thats so relevant)
QFT.

Armada four-stocked Mango TWICE?!

An even more accurate way to determine the skill gap:

Stocks v stocks.

angel_without_heart

Smash Apprentice
Yea that sounds about right. That's not what most people are thinking/saying though, and I'm explaining that's not a good gauge of mango's skill since this is an extreme match. If anything it just shows how good Armada is, but Mango winning 40% of the games vs a person of that skill level can show how good Mango is.
And it was pal version
I'm glad armada played mango. Even if he's retired, mango would be disappointed to not played some friendly
that double stitch combo was the sickest thing I ever seen in the smash serie.

Rocketpowerchill

Smash Ace
And it was pal version
I'm glad armada played mango. Even if he's retired, mango would be disappointed to not played some friendly
that double stitch combo was the sickest thing I ever seen in the smash serie.
exactly
and why did we push for armada mango BEAST friendlies
cuz smash is where amazing happens
recording friendlies could contain the most subtle sick **** seen in smash
and that was guaranteed the most hype bo30 ive ever seen

Hypethug

Smash Journeyman
So armada beat mango in matches that don't mean anything who cares ,Armada is the best and mango is still good enough to beat any player he plays against so drop these stupid arguments and focus on yourself for not being anywhere near there level of skill

The Business

Smash Journeyman
I could watch mango and armada play friendlies for days. my smash dream is to have pp, mango, armada, hbox, m2k stream friendlies.

Armada

Smash Lord

9-4?
I had no idea of the overall score or the score in specific MUs but that sounds pretty accurate. But yeah I hope everyone enjoyed the matches at least.

The other 4 stock should get uploaded =)

Rocketpowerchill

Smash Ace
I could watch mango and armada play friendlies for days. my smash dream is to have pp, mango, armada, hbox, m2k stream friendlies.
my dream is to have shiz m2k stream friendlies but will it happen
i dont see why not if they both played on pbnj's stream
that would be hype
we need more seriouslies with people like hax and westballz, that would be fun to watch, would love to see their falcon ditto too

poega

Smash Apprentice
9-4?
I had no idea of the overall score or the score in specific MUs but that sounds pretty accurate. But yeah I hope everyone enjoyed the matches at least.

The other 4 stock should get uploaded =)
Your Fox vs Falco was a really enjoyable too. Also ICE vs Jeapie and Ice vs mango needs uploadage imo. The whole bracket really.

RedGamer

Smash Ace
I will john for everybody.

Mang0 was playing the euro ssbm
Armada was rusty
m2k is legit
PP falco is too clean
pp falco isn't clean enough
m2k had a bad mindset
Mang0 wasn't trying

i think that should cover everything I've read today

BTmoney

a l l b e c o m e $
my dream is to have shiz m2k stream friendlies but will it happen
i dont see why not if they both played on pbnj's stream
that would be hype
we need more seriouslies with people like hax and westballz, that would be fun to watch, would love to see their falcon ditto too
Shiz isn't the player he used to be and I don't think he's very active
I'd be surprised if m2k didn't body him right now

And that'd be a bad ditto lol. I want a mango and hax ditto with no johns. Maybe if SS comes back in full form he can make a run for best falcon again.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
The stream was definitely hella fun which is why I'm surprised by Armada's "retiring" stance and why it was so hard to get him and mango to play. Smash is supposed to be something you enjoy. We had the two best players in the world going at it, the double stitch faces, 2 4 stocking mango matches which I dont think I've ever seen, Mike Swagger on the mike, and little Armada and Aniolas. http://www.freewebs.com/ugs1337/medlemmar.htm

It was just a great time overall.

Xyzz

Smash Champion
Mango vs Hax cf dittos would be amazing. (Mango would lose for sure though)
Armada is obviously still the best player in the world, but he doesn't count because he's retired. So it's actually Mango/PP/M2k (Hbox is close as well).

AppleAppleAZ

Smash Journeyman
Mango also never went falcon vs armada's peach. He also played a character that gets destroyed much easier than vice versa.

"OMFG MANGO COULDN'T EVEN BEAT ARMADA? WHAT A SCRUB!"

Armada is better, but as of right now mango is still potentially the best/2nd best "active" player in the world lol.

Ace55

Smash Lord
I don't care about the ratio, I don't care about Mango still being close or not.

I have NEVER seen Mango get 4 stocked, and Armada did it twice!

He is a god among men.

The Business

Smash Journeyman
Hell, I'm one of the biggest Mango fanboys myself, but Hax is just clearly the better CF. (and his general playstyle (especially how fast he can move around the stage) is very well suited for Falcon dittos)
I guess mango's constant wins with falcon over s2j mean nothing? I'm not saying mango would win or lose, but writing off a cf ditto with mango and hax as a sure win for hax is dumb.

Xyzz

Smash Champion
S2J is great and everything, it's just that at this point Hax is imho clearly better than him (and iirc tournament results support that claim).
I guess there's a reason why Mango dittos just about every Falcon but I've only seen him go Fox against Hax ;)

But ya, "sure win" is exaggerated. Mango could easily pull it off, but I wouldn't expect that to happen (about 70 - 30 in Hax favor :D).

ShrieK1295

Smash Journeyman
I guess there's a reason why Mango dittos just about every Falcon but I've only seen him go Fox against Hax ;)
At least at FC, it's because Hax asked him to.

90/10 in Mango's favor

Top Bottom