• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

better ^B ideas 4 characters

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
I think it would be nice if some characters didn't have tether only recovery... but oh well. Those are the only ones I can really think of.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
I still wonder why Samus' screw attack goes straight up. It doesn't work like that in any Metroid game. It would have been more interesting if she had, say, three small bouncey space jumps like in the prime games, and thus, her vertical recovery would be nerfed a bit.

VaneWalker

Smash Apprentice
Jiggllpuffs ^B should be Selfsdestruct...KAMEKAZE!.

And you should be able to tether grab after regular Link's Up B beacause it sucks

zeldamaster2006

Smash Apprentice
Some of them (Wario and Dedede for some) should be changed to be more moves that aren't JUST added for recovery but also are moves that the character has, such as Ike's aether - recovers, but is also an attack and from his games.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
Some of them (Wario and Dedede for some) should be changed to be more moves that aren't JUST added for recovery but also are moves that the character has, such as Ike's aether - recovers, but is also an attack and from his games.
Something similar to Wario's Up B was in Wario Land. I think it happened when you jumped right after shoulder tackling people.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
^B Charizard: Upward fly then diagonal descent
^B Ike: Throws sword diagonally then charges down (kind of different from the above Charizard)
^ B Ganondorf: Goes into Twilight Portal. If someone is in range, they are also sucked in and take damage.
^B Falco: Does a Barrel Roll that deflects projectiles and glides upwards for a bit.
^B Yoshi: Yoshi jumps and propells him self off his egg.
^B Dedede: Inflates himself like a balloon.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Have you ever played Kirby? Dedede has had the Super Dedede Jump since the first first Kirby game.
The Super Dedede jump should have been a Final Smash. I'm planning on making a series on Youtube that goes into detail on how I believe they should have made each character. I'll need to play the game in depth first though.

Mediator

Smash Journeyman
zamus getting her jet boots > http://youtube.com/watch?v=cL-mR79GErU

Charazard shouldnt have fly he should just have a limited amount of boosts like jigglypuff

I think it would be awesome if when yoshi was falling to his doom he could use egg throw and if the egg lands on the stage and yoshi had died, a yoshi would pop out of the egg and that would be his recovery! reincarnation lol

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
Mario's Up-B should have been his twirl from Galaxy.
Coin punch is kinda lame.

Pikmin's tether should have a last resort option. If the initial tether misses olimar jumps and runs on the backs of his pikmin as far up as he can go and jumps, losing all his pikmin. But possibly preserving himself.

that is all

tral

Smash Cadet
Seeing as tether recovery is pretty lame, I'd give Olimar his spaceship as a recovery, similar to Snake's, but more limited.

heypancho

Smash Apprentice

Charazard shouldnt have fly he should just have a limited amount of boosts like jigglypuff

I think it would be awesome if when yoshi was falling to his doom he could use egg throw and if the egg lands on the stage and yoshi had died, a yoshi would pop out of the egg and that would be his recovery! reincarnation lol
LOL love it all.

falco-hokage

Smash Cadet

yeah........................................lol, good 1

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Olimar's chain should have had him go to the front of the chain if you tilt up on the control stick. Ofcourse, there would be reprecussions (you lose all your Pikmin).

JawaJedi

Smash Journeyman
Toon Link: Deku Leaf
Yoshi: Tether recovery, grab ledge with his tongue.
Mario: The spin from Mario Galaxy
Luigi: Use Poltergust upwards
Lucario: Mach Uppercut
Jigglypuff: Metronome, either uses Teleport to warp back to the middle of the stage, or her Sing. 50% chance of getting Teleport.
Ice Climbers: If Nana dies, Popo shoots the rope to the edge. Tether recovery.
Ness: Just do the shooty thing without having to hit himself with PK Thunder.
Lucas: Same as Ness

Zero Suit Samus: Uses ponytail as a tether recovery. :laugh:

Top Bottom