• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

best way to punish puffs missed rest

actionblackbird

Smash Journeyman
gentleman wrecks a grab-happy jiggs like hbox.
I say we combine or powers and make captain Pla...I mean
we should make a thread and discuss on *how to beat H-box, by action B and F-zero (F-zero knows more though.) Where we should discuss our war tactics against jiggies.

Mokumo

Smash Ace
is jiggs way too light for a stomp falcon punch on dreamland if you were to jump onto a side platform for the falcon punch?

it would never work

D

Deleted member

get underneath jigglypuff and up-air like no tomorrow

i field tested it in a tourney against a puff in tourney with **** results

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
jiggs arent supposed to be above you though

a lot of times uair out of shield works when theyre messing around with you, but uair opportunities arent that easy to find in my experience

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
jiggs arent supposed to be above you though

a lot of times uair out of shield works when theyre messing around with you, but uair opportunities arent that easy to find in my experience
run up and sheild and hope they misspace/go above you.

_kSo_

Smash Master
the problem with dair> anything

is that they can crouch cancel it
at low percents, though, this is your best option because in the two situations that occur, you get more damage on jiggs than you would with a single fsmash or falcon punch;

A) they crouch cancel -> tech chase opportunity w/ aerial or grab -> anything else
B) they don't crouch cancel -> popup combo w/ aerial -> anything else

the only thing would be is if you miss the tech chase...but if you just play it safe and get ready for a grab when they cc, you should be golden

also, if you aren't sure, do the darkrain, where you walk up to them and push them towards the edge and then falcon punch

however, i'm pretty sure there is more knockback and damage in a fully charged fsmash than a falcon punch, but i think it's easier to DI the fmsmash....it's jiggs though so she'll probably die upwards anyway

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
you might be able to knee to grab almost any DI at low enough %, which could be cool

honestly though, knee > grab > knee does like 8% more at most than falcon punching i think, and theres lots of opportunity for it to not even work or even kill you if they rest your dthrow knee. best bet is probably almost always just falcon punch or charge fsmash

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Oh yeah something you guys should know.

If Puff DIs down after she's knocked down, and just holds down like a lot of them do, because they're DIing down you can jab reset her at low percents.

I do it with Sheik's Uair at like 18%, Uair (puff gets knocked down) jab reset and then follow. it would probably work for you guys too, only with Dair. No Puff will ever think to let go of the control stick after being knocked into the ground because they're generally a stupid people.

I dunno if she gets the roll/getup attack at 0 or whatever, but Dair jab reset follow probably has the potential to work as a trick for like 0.

If they ground tech it, or apply DI correctly, I got nothing for you though. F-smash next time or Falcon Punch.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
the problem with dair> anything

is that they can crouch cancel it
they can also jump and rest on reaction to the first frame of your grab animation, making falcon's grab game absolutely pointless

it's the main contributing factor to the matchup imo

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
strong bad, i dont think you understand exactly

even when puff is sleeping from a rest, if you stomp, she can cc it so she doesnt pop up and you cant combo her

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vUrvHQFCjc#t=01m25s example of how puff deals with people stomping her missed rest, chexr did that to me like 3 times that set because i refused to believe i didnt have the option of stomping. i do it again like 20s later if you keep watching

she cannot jump and rest while shes sleeping, not to mention nobody can react to the first frame of anything. she can duck and react to like, i dunno the 12th frame or so maybe once they grab, but falcons grab game is far from pointless cause you can still grab when shes in the air or in the lag of a move or shielding

long story short, what youre talking about has nothing to do with the thread or conversation; she can actually cc while sleeping and more or less invalidate dair

The_Smash_Champ

Banned via Warnings
yea falcon punch

at low percents no

does charged fsmash do more damage?

also i was thinking if it was at such a low percent where you couldnt get the kill

what would be the best way to get the most damage

i was thinking really late up air to scoop her up then follow up with 2 more up airs if they dont get the di right

idk thoughts?

cant stomp > knee be cc?
Well the taunt of course.

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
How does charged fsmash compare to fpunch and charged usmash???
fsmash > fpunch >> usmash

fsmash versus fpunch has been discussed in this thread already. Go back to the first 2 pages.

They can SDI such that they only get hit by the first weak hit of usmash, so you don't want to waste a missed rest on a usmash.

RJsHouse

Smash Apprentice
How does charged fsmash compare to fpunch and charged usmash???
fully charged fmash is the best punish in my opinion.
It's stronger than the middle hitbox of the falcon punch and does 32%.
The upsmash can be di'd down so the second hit misses entirely.

Top Bottom