• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best way to practice tech skills?

XienZo

Smash Lord
Play Luigi's mansion or other closed up stages (preferably legal) and try to tech their attacks.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Play Luigi's mansion or other closed up stages (preferably legal) and try to tech their attacks.

I think he meant Technical skill, not Teching Skill.

EDIT: To answer OPs question, master the excutiion is generally one of the better ways to learn tech skill.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Make your own stage.

Have it with a loooong flat platform (like fd but bigger.)
One wall, to practice walljump-bairs/against wall locks, battlefield-like platforms etc. Basically, give it everything you need to get better at your particular ATs. I used the aforementioned method to learn all of squirtles ATs and now I can do all but one of them consistently. (Forward hydroplane is so hard)
If you need practice with sweetspoting the knee/lightnong kick/vinewhip, pick olimar as your opponent in training mode, kill him once so he has no pikmin, and practice the timing. The reason I say olimar is because he's the smallest member of the cast so if you can sweetspot him, you can sweetspot anybody.

Kishin

Smash Ace
1. special brawl, bunny hood, Final Destination, try and dash dance as long as possible
2. Ike, battlefield, practice quick draw canceling with the platforms
3. Captain Falcon, practice single jab canceling
4. Metaknight, battlefield, practice side+b and up+b canceling on the platforms
5. Ice climbers, practice a continuous chain grab for as long as possible
6. Practice continuous snake dashing ON the ledge (dash, c-stick down, cancel into up smash, repeat)
7. Practice continuous laser canceling with fox
8. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6Dj9UiUgGE

SpongeBathBill

Smash Ace
If you have the equipment, going against a supposedly human-controlled character who actually doesn't have anyone at the end is superior to Training Mode, because Training Mode makes adjustments to things like move stagnation and thus doesn't teach you about real-situation game mechanics quite as well.

Top Bottom