• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best way to practice SDI Walltech while recovering?

FalchoMex

Smash Rookie
So, i have a friend and we both play PM and Melee (20XX 3.02), and he mains Fox and i Main Falco/Fox, and and he likes to d-smash me when im recovering below the edge. And i see all this high-level players teching in the edge while getting edgeguarded and sometimes getting back on-stage. (I also notice it's possible in PM too.)

So my cuestion is: Is there a way to practice that? my friend and i don't play all the time so i can't practice with him.

Thanks!.

AirFair

Marth tho
Go on Falco's target test stage, and you can tech on the fire blocks on the pillar left of where you spawn.

Using 20XX, you can use Fox on that stage too.

If you want to do it without hacking a stage:

> Go on training mode with a random cpu as your character
> Go on any stage with a wall you want to practice teching off of (Beginning, start with Dreamland or Yoshi's, but then go on to FoD and FD and Stadium)
> Get Motion Sensor Bomb from items
> Roll to ledge so you are standing right over it
> throw the bomb down
> jump offstage
> try to recover
> tech

Here is a video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyuExqjW3_o

AirFair

Marth tho
I forgot about that method lol

sometimes I will try that, and after a couple of hits the hitbox goes away and it stops hitting.

JoeTango

It Takes Two
If you don't have 20XX (first of all I suggest you do!) I used to go to training, spawn some of the landmine explosive things, roll to the edge and throw it down. That worked pretty well for me :-)

Top Bottom