• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best way to practice movement with Falco?

Spoice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
snoopertrooper
I wanna make my movement with Falco as good as possible, knowing what his best options are and overall be comfortable moving around the stage.

Any tips?

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
Praaaaaactice, practice, practice. Practice running, practice jumping, practice landing. Practice wavedashing at different distances, practice wavelanding on platforms and on the ground. Practice on every stage. Practice against opponents. Practice moving and attacking, practice fastfalling and not, practice movements into and out of shine, practice reaching any level of platform from the ground.

Nothing becomes second nature unless it becomes your first.

FE_Hector

Smash Lord
As far as actual movement goes, wave surfing (dash -> WD -> repeat) is his fastest grounded movement option. Outside of that, yeah you really just have to practice with your wavelands slippery movement and all that stuff. If you find practicing movement in a vacuum boring, you could practice on each legal stage (save FD lol) for 5 mins each once a day. Soon enough, your WLs should start feeling pretty good overall and you should be really comfortable with doing them. Also keep in mind that WLing onto the ground from a platform is a pretty sick option given the space.

St_Steady

Smash Rookie
what it boils down to is practice. lots and lots of practice.
get really comfortable with your shine, waveshining and wavedashing to me are the foundation for falco's movement, at least in my opinion. once i became proficient with wavedashing, waveshining and wavelanding on platforms, everything else sort of comes together, its really weird.

from there moving around platforms and on the ledges and out of your shield becomes a lot easier.

remember, wave dash, wave shine, wave land. practice

NotAnAdmin

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, a ton of practice like everyone else said.
Don't become discouraged when you don't see results quickly. These things take time and a lot of trial and error to learn what works and what doesn't.
Even the Gods were scrubs at some point when they started.

Audos

Smash Apprentice
Another thing is to play your character significantly more than others. Dual maining at mid-low level is often a bad idea because your skill in movement is divided. If you dual main fox/falco, for example, you can so many tiny timings to practice. If you only play falco you only have to worry about one set of timings for everything. Mixing it up can really stump your momentum imo.

But mostly it is practice. Not playing too many characters makes it easier to master one, but in the end nothing beats just playing falco as much as you can handle.

Last edited:
Top Bottom