• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Way to Cover Ledge Getup Options

Videogames?

Smash Rookie
I often see Rosalina spacing her jab with luma, then repeatedly doing jab 1. Does this cover normal getup/getup attack? Can't the opponent shield in time?

If you guys know of better ways, please share. Thanks!

Easzy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Easzy1
3DS FC
0361-8666-7175
I like doing autocancelt dair so the opponents is mostly getting up after the move is over. If they getup while the move is still out you got them but if the wait you have a nice position to punish. I can now choose between a uair which covers the jump, a nair which covers the normal getup and the roll cuz of the second hit. You have to space the dair really gud so the opponent cant reach you which getupattack.

Otherwise jab1 is a good option too because you can react rly fast and it has quite a good range

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
Depending on the timing the opponent can raise the shield, but spaced correctly, by rapid jabbing you can cover the roll, sidestep, and anything that the character can't do while his shield is rapid jabbed

NEKO'

Smash Rookie
NNID
Moaksey
I often see Rosalina spacing her jab with luma, then repeatedly doing jab 1. Does this cover normal getup/getup attack? Can't the opponent shield in time?
i just stand still at roll distance and jab with luma till it's at the ledge and start the rapid jab.
this covers the normal getup, roll getup, and jump getup.
Ledge attack option will stop the rapid jab, but give you enough time to react.

as for when the enemy if off-stage, just stand near the ledge with rosa and set up a spinning luma below the ledge.
characters that don't have a multi hitting recovery won't be able to recover and get into rosa's jab combo..eventually killing them at higher percents.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Im sure some variant of jab>upsmash>dsmash
or Jab if hit: grab, miss d/usmash/dtilt optionselects is probably the way to go.

That spaced dair sounds interesting too, I think ill try that out.

Stromp

Legend
NNID
Stromp
I usually just jab 1 and react to whatever they do. Sometimes I go for a dair or down tilt

Top Bottom