• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Up Smashes

Furret24

Smash Master
More or less my Best Down Smashes thread, but with Up Smashes instead.

My Choices
:4fox:
:4kirby:
:4yoshi:
:4rob:
:4falcon:
:4gaw:
:4luigi:
:4mario:
:4feroy:

Last edited:

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision
I'd add :4mario: to that list.
K.O power may be average, but it's really fast, covers a bit in front and behind him in addition to above him, and is relatively safe. (very little end-lag)

:4lucas:'s up-smash is really strong, but... that's it pretty much. comes out slow, and easily punishable.
Most good Lucas players i met don't use it that often.

I also agree with :4fox: and :4kirby:.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
:4yoshi: - comes out relatively quick, very strong, has some invincibility and hits behind him. Great move.

:4ganondorf: - this move has like no endlag. Great for baiting. Can also kill pretty early, but it's Ganon.

:rosalina: - combine this with Luma's and you get an incredibly strong move.

:4pit:/:4darkpit: - multihit, and great for juggles.

Those are some off of the top of my head.

Last edited:

jamesster445

Smash Lord
:4myfriends:- hits with great range in front, above and behind. And because it's Ike, has a ton of power behind it.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
To me, the reward goes to :4luigi:,:4mario:,:4kirby:, :4metaknight:, and :rosalina:.

:4luigi:: Average, but good ko, jiggle move, anti-air move, mindgame move, hit from behind to front, good for punishing rolls, OOS, and good pivot up smash all thanks to his invincible head. Plus his bad traction helps.

:4mario:: Same as his brother, but shorter than Luigi and better traction than Luigi.

:4kirby:: Invincibility in his feet, good for koing, and anti-air(but less than the Mario bros).

:4metaknight:: The sword hitbox protects him, combos out of down throw, jiggle move, mindgame with, and ko decently.

:rosalina:: Because of her height and Luma on her side, it serves as a good ko move, anti-air, jiggle move, combo possibly, and I think her head has invincible frames.

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
:4charizard: add him to this list. It's a lethal move that comes out very quickly and is a great move to use out of shield.

Maybe not the best around but definitely worthy of consideration.

Morbi

Scavenger
Mario's up-smash is the best in the game, in my opinion. If I am thinking about up-smash, he is the first character I think of.

Top Bottom