• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Team Partner for Snake? (Other than MK)

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Alright, so I'm debating what character to use in teams with my teammate that uses Snake. I normally use MK and we do well, but for this Bi-weekly tournament MK is banned from all events.

Here's my list of do-able characters (Most -> Least experienced):

1) MK
2) DDD
3) G&W
4) Falco
5) Marth
6) Kirby

What character do you think will do best? Also, what are some good team strats to use with any of these characters + Snake?

Thanks in advance.

Leh

Smash Ace
i really like teaming with DK. 2 Very heavy characters, both build damage insanely well. Snake is good at covering DKs recovery, DK can do the same. Both control the stage well, blah blahb lah....

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
G&W is probably the best. He can Uair Snake's recovery, he can help Snake defend against projectiles with Bucket, he has a lot of range and is strong, and G&W is always crazy good in teams.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
shiek and also Zss
sheik/snake is an excellent team

it's reminiscent of a peach/marth team in melee... both characters very solid, one for damage and one for KO's.

however i think it's the super broken (melee jigglypuff/fox) teams that work the best

if snake has a good grab u can try partnering with luigi for grab ->shinryuken

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
After considering all suggestions, I think I'm gonna go with G&W.

Thanks for the ideas guys.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I've played alot with a friend who use's gannondorf, and it works pretty well.

Yugimoto-D

Smash Rookie
NNID
YetAnotherMask
I recommend Olimar... I won in a doubles tourney, here in Venezuela..

o-O I was snake and my teammate was Olimar

DUB

Smash Lord
i really like teaming with DK. 2 Very heavy characters, both build damage insanely well. Snake is good at covering DKs recovery, DK can do the same. Both control the stage well, blah blahb lah....
I team with a DK. Hard hitters, hard to kill, its a nice setup. Plus we do a lot of Forward or Back Throws into DK's Downsmash. If DK grabs, I plant a C-4, cargo up-throw, boom, dead. DK + Snake= a good set-up.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Hmmm... DK sounds like a good idea as well; I forgot to put him in the list in the OP.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Dedede is good, you can Dthrow into the first part of Ftilt and then have Dedede regrab. Only really works if one opponent only is left, but something to consider.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Dedede is good, you can Dthrow into the first part of Ftilt and then have Dedede regrab. Only really works if one opponent only is left, but something to consider.
Oh wow! I'm liking that. Thanks.

EDIT: We found out that a D3 d-throw -> Snake's Ground-break grab-release works too.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
D3 is probably better for you. I like having a D3 as a partner, I think he can help out alot overall.

Just play him like you normally would.

Top Bottom