• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Sonic I've seen so far.

Dustero

Smash Journeyman
I agree that's the best Sonic vid I've seen, but I don't think the play used Sonic to his full potential.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Wow. This Sonic really is inspiring.

I can't wait to play as him...

Astrobot7000

Smash Rookie
Sonic seems really good if you can master him.
Mastery of anything is very tough, however.

RenegadeRaven

Smash Ace
I think it's safe to say that Sonic has the BEST recovery. He seemed a lot faster in the final game than he did in the demo, at least his spins do. And his homing attack doesn't seem bad at all if used at the right moment.

*Want's Suna's sig pic as an avatar*

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
I think it's safe to say that Sonic has the BEST recovery.
Definitely - with a bit of training, Sonic could be incredibly lethal when it comes to edge-guarding, just because he's got more room to leap out and spike someone than most characters due to the fantastic height he's granted by his recovery.

ReiGun

Smash Cadet
There is obviously room for improvement, what with the game coming out last week and all. Still, this gave me so much hope for Sonic. Definiately gonna be one of my mains.

duals

Smash Journeyman
lee is a good player all around.......most of his vids i've seen..hes always wins...except a few...

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Yes this is probably the best Sonic I've seen on videos online. The one thing he seems to do good that I didn't know about was dashing to an up smash works really well due to it's priority. He bairs a lot which works well, but hes trying to play the game too much like Melee. With a character like Sonic, he should be focusing a bit more on using his speed, perhaps utilizing grabs a bit better.

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
wheres the link?
In the first post o.O The person playing as Sonic in that video is definitely better than most I've seen. Most are so bad though, so that's not really saying much.. It is nice though to see Sonic not spamming the same stupid attacks. anyone know if there are any more videos of this person using Sonic?

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
The reason the guy is so good is because he had melee and practiced.
That and he is keeping the battle to the ground and not going to the air like most people are used to doing in melee.
Furthermore you should not spam your moves.
It lessens not only the attack but the knockback.
This can be useful for comboing but isn't good for sonic since he has little knock back to begin with.

ninjitsian

Smash Rookie
sry bout the earlier post. i stayed up all night so im really drowsy and must've missed it. but they werent really that good. i was expecting a little more

J18

Smash Journeyman
most definitely the best sonic i've seen.
@chibosempai, i agree, they should really utilize the ground speed with a lot more priority

SonicSmash001

Smash Apprentice
i dunno... this is the best? its a great match but sonic has so many aspects that he could easily be a kickass char, or a bad one, im waiting till the game to judge sonic

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
well yea like hes the best so far, but the game was out for like a week or less when this vid was made. hes just playing melee lol.

there arent really many vids of competitive style sonics anyway. theres like this guy and lucky from that tourney in the west coast, and he wasnt really doing that well. just wait till i get some vids up lol ;)

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Best Sonic combos I've seen, and great use of different moves to recover, but I think we're missing out on one point...

CF didn't look that great. At all. Whoever was using him didn't look like they had even tried playing with him in the last two games.

This guy's good for playing with the Sega mascot for less than a week, but we'll find out what Sonic can really do with more time.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Sonic made Captain Falcon look like Bowser in comparison of speed

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Yeah, he's ridiculous. It's like permanent bunny ears when he's just running straight ahead. What time do you think he'd get on the F-Zero part of adventure mode on Melee?

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
Defiantly reminds me of my brother and me in the future, he mains Captain Falcon and is amazing with him, I'm gonna main Sonic in Brawl so maybe I'll get the speed advantage I wanted that I never got in Brawl cause I would main Link.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I'm new here, but I'm glad to join this community. Seems like there's lots of cool peeps here.

Anyways, just thought I'd share some awesome non-Lucky Sonics that I haven't seen posted

Don't worry Lucky, you're still my fav =P

Yea its, against a cpu, but smart use of the homing attack, and great Spring and Uair usage. The end is specially awesome.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ihP_E8aeamU

Even though the Peach didn't seem too great, starting from about 1:50, its just absolute Sonic ownage, especially near the very end:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Uk4soVWrNts

Now I don't have the game, nor have I played it, but from these vids and Lucky's, I'm starting to see lots of potential for Sonic as a competitive character who's not good only with items, teams or with more than 2 players. I see lots of potential for using the spring + Uair as a finisher. Also Sonic's running speed could be highly advantageous for keeping enemies in the air while you smack them left and right, like towards the end of the second clip. It must be frustrating that he's so quick and he wouldn't let them touch the ground! Also, maybe I'm just not seeing right, but it seems like Sonic's Dair can "overcome" alot of his enemies moves(forgive me, I'm new to smash terminology as well, is that what's called cancelling?) Finally, if Sonic's homing attack is used as described in the first video(read the "about this video"), it could become useful, especially since Sonic has such a great recovery.

Just observations from a Smash noob though. Feel free to disagree! =P

P.S. Can someone explain to me what "priority" means? Mucho appreciated.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
It definately was! I like how at 1:05 in the first vid, Sonic stops Donkey Kong from charging his Usmash and then quickly retalites with a Dair, which leads to the awesome KO.

Top Bottom