• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Secondary for a TL main

Clevr

Smash Apprentice
I main Meta Knight and Toon Link, and I'm thinking about seconding any of the following: Snake, Wolf, DK, Lucas, Zelda. I'd like to focus my attention on MK and TL, and then continue to work with preferably two other characters for the characters MK and TL cannot handle. Of the characters I mentioned above, I really like Wolf and Lucas the best, but have decided that Lucas isn't too great against those who MK and TL cannot handle, and Wolf's recovery is so terrible, I cannot play with him (any tips? :D).

Who should I choose?

QUIVO

Smash Master
You should have one main, and one secondary. That way you have more focus on your characters and can get better with them.

I like to play a bunch of characters too, but I try to stick with TL in tournament (I try not to use my secondary...). Seriously, I play a good chunk of the cast, but thats mainly in friendlies.

Jube Jube

Smash Rookie
Nah ROB vs MK
Aww, really? And I was hoping that my ROB would be able to be good enough to beat a MK.

Well, thanks anyway, QUIVO. I guess I still have some searching to go to find a good counter to MK. And as for Coselm, I guess it kinda sucks that I can't use DK, huh? I use dto main Kirby but decided to change him. I'll just have to search the MK boards for some insight on who counters who.

Thanks again guys!

Aziel

Smash Cadet
Marth is my secondary, even if I use him much less than I do Toon Link. He's a fairly decent sub for opponents that my Toon Link will have trouble with, though honestly I find myself doing better against opponents such as Metaknight, using my Toon Link rather than my Marth.
I also use Ike as...something of a sub. While he isn't really the best counterpick for a lot of characters on the roster, he's a solid one, not to mention fun to use.

Clevr

Smash Apprentice
I've decided to main Toon Link and play him against everyone except Snake, Meta Knight, Olimar, and a few others, where I'll play Donkey Kong.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
i use DDD and the ones who i cant do well against i use toon link or snake. im starting to use MK tho. mk is just too good

desarcy

Smash Rookie
In all seriousness, I main Marth, and secondary the rest of the roster, except DDD, Kirby, Zelda, and Wolf (I'm just not any good with them). they are my tertiaries. I know this seems unwise but you seriously need to know how to play every single character to a moderate degree, as you never know when someone will play good offensive game with regular Samus and you wont know her moves or what out-prioritizes them. Sometimes it's good to be able to say "I main the Random Button.". How do you pick a good match-up for that?

GodMeowMix

Smash Ace
Why get a secondary? A good Toon Link can beat any character. But if anything the secondary should be a good close range character. I would choose personally choose Marth, Snake, or MetaKnight.

WuTangDude

Smash Ace
I'm actually feeling both Lucas and Ness. They have playstyles similar in certain areas to TL, but not to the point where having one as secondary is pointless.

huenikad

Smash Cadet
Well i'm having lucario as my secondario just because his auro makes games fun :).

Top Bottom