• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Options After a Parry/PS with Samus?

VersatileBJN

Smash Ace
I'm sure everyone knows that Parrying(or Power Shielding/PSing) in this game is far more practical and will be used at the highest level to punish things that normally wouldn't be punishable.

For those with experience using Samus at a decent level: What are Samus' best options in your opinion after you Parry a move?

Now, I know the answer will vary, so I'll ask it like this:

What are Samus's best options after PSing a

1. A move that is very unsafe

2. A move that is fairly safe and only unsafe because of you PSing it(think moves with big push back. push back is negated if a moe is PSed)

3. A move that cannot be punished even if PSed.

I plan to experiment with all of Samuss options upon getting the game and will be posting my findings here, but what do you guys think?

Charge shot FTS? forward smash? Up B?

Gum

Smash Journeyman
i would say probably a down tilt. it has great knock back, and kills, and if they shield right back, they will get pushed back so youu wont get punished. Possible a forward tilt too since its still one of her fastest moves.

numinous

Smash Rookie
i'd have to agree w/ the tilts for guaranteed dmg. i've been able to get fsmashes in a with lighter characters. i'll try some tonight and see what appears to have the best frame advantage.

Pi

Smash Hero
Hm, I would guess it depends on their %. Also what moves you can combo out of.

I'm assuming you could Jab->Tilt too? Since they come out rapidly you wouldn't be able to get PS'd back or they wouldn't be able to deflect after the jab?

If they're tall you might be able to get a Usmash on them, comes out fairly quickly the way your facing doesn't it?

if they're at a % that a dtilt could kill them then you obviously wanna go for that.

Charge shot would be good if you have it decently charged, I'd assume. We'll have to play around with timings and stuff before we make some solid decisions. 'WE' at least, the people who have the game might give us some insight on this matter :D

Top Bottom