• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best option vs. Sheik tech chase grab?

dlai226

Smash Rookie
I'm having trouble getting tech chase grabbed by Sheik. Not sure what is the best option/what to do in this scenario. I usually either tech + roll and wait until they mess up or tech in place shine. What is the quickest/best way to get out of the tech chase grab?

Deep2

Smash Apprentice
You're honestly just screwed if the Sheik has great reactions. Best option though is probably to mix up your DI then mixup up tech in place/roll. Shine immediately once out if the Sheik isn't spaced.

Snorlaxes

Smash Cadet
Deep2 is right - if the Sheik is perfect, there's nothing you can do other than gradually DIing off-stage.

I think DI behind Sheik > tech in place > shine is the best option, but this is ultimately all about mix-ups. Sometimes you can throw the Sheik off by DIing one way and then teching the other, since many seem to anticipate that the tech will be in the same direction as the DI.

Also, I think it's important to break their rhythm once they've gotten a few in a row. For this, purposely miss the tech and either get-up attack or just lay on the ground for a little to change up the timing. I wouldn't do missed tech too often though, since you can get punished harder if they read/react to it.

Top Bottom