• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Melee Player in The World

Best player

• Total voters

ThePuffDaddy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
flashman69
It's the age old question, who is currently the best player in the world. I'll have a poll, but I'd like to hear people's opinions and reasoning for their picks. I'll start with putting the gods + leffen on the poll and people can nominate other players if they feel they are deserving,

20YY SS | Saiblade

Obviously not biased towards Falco
3DS FC
3239-4949-5301
I'd have to say Mang0, he's the most consistent and just overall wins the most.

kingPiano

Smash Ace
Mang0 100% for me. He's God to the Gods, and when he's sandbagging he's just a plain ol' God.

That may sound like hyperbole, but he is the only truly consistently unpredictable player while at the same time being brutally efficient. Every quirky choice he makes seems to be the most optimal, and he makes them at the perfect times. Commentators will talk about the style of a player, but really style can be a bad thing because it means you know how they play their character and what moves and movement to expect. Being able to change playstyles and mindset at a moments notice and perceive that something isn't working and adapt instantly is the most important trait to have. Mang0 doesn't have a style, he has styles.

He also seems to have that Super Saiyan potential like Isai where he could just turn it on if he wanted to and make other top players look like casuals. Most of the time he's hiding it, but every once in a while we see his true form like when he obliterated Fly Amanita at Press Start (sorry Fly, you amazing boo).

k? lol

p.s. Mango is also the most delicious fruit to ever exist. S tier produce.

Last edited:

CptJPuff

Smash Journeyman
M2K fanboy forever. <3

or I could secretly be rooting for Mang0.

MEnKIRBZ

Smash Journeyman
If we are talking about best skill level in melee, that would be mango.

If we are talking about consistency, that would be armada

If we are talking about best smash player across all games that would be m2k.

So what are we talking about?

Last edited:

Dolla Pills

Smash Ace
I'd say Mango is the best player but he has on moments and off moments.

Armada almost always performs at the same level, and I'd say that level is either right up there with Mango or just slightly below.

PP is really good but in my opinion he doesn't attend enough tournaments for consideration for best player.

Leffen has beaten everyone at least once and I think will continue to accrue more victories, but I highly doubt he will win anything big anytime soon.

I think HBox could win a major if Mango wasn't there or got eliminated by other people. It's definitely not a guaranteed victory in this case but he has a shot. He's definitely not the best player though, unless you count Netplay.

M2K was the best player a long time ago, but he isn't anymore.

With all this being said I would put Armada at number one right now. Don't get me wrong, I think Mango is the GOAT but if I were to seed a tournament Armada would get first.

This game is bigger than simply playing NTSC 1v1 in North America all the time. Armada for that regard of NTSC/PAL and 1v1/2v2.

AirFair

Marth tho
Awhile back I would say Armada is the best right now, because of how solid his performance has been

voted PP because his Apex performance was awesome considering the circumstances.

MEnKIRBZ

Smash Journeyman
I say PP, and I think I'll be validated come CEO and EVO.
Evo is gonna be crazy this year. Counter pick wars in top 8 are gonna be insane. Mango will be coming to prove that he still is the best by 3-peating, and everyone else is coming to take that title away.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Why isn't marthmaster99 on this list? He belongs to be at least top 3.

But in all reality, PP is the best. He just won the biggest Smash tournament of all time, is so good that he's just assumed best in NC power rankings and is always number 0, and is a nice, friendly person.

VaLoR_Ryan

Smash Cadet
NNID
VaLoR_Ryan
theres a reason mang0 is called the GOAT. and why he will stay the GOAT the only one who was even close to him was Ken or Isai. Ken because he went all around the world and kicked peoples butts. And Isai because he could choose when he wanted to win or lose and he is a smash legend.

FEOwain

Smash Apprentice
[A]rmada is the best player out there because of how consistent he is. Has arguably the best fox and EASILY the best peach.
Bodied Mang0 at INY
Almost always beats Leffen nowadays
Makes Hbox look like he has never seen a fox before
Last time M2K beat him was over a year ago
PPMD is really the only one who can stand up to him.

Top Bottom