• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best KO move in the game?

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
PK Flash does 39% max. Are there any other attacks that do more than that?
The Ice Climbers' down smash does that much uncharged. Fully charged, it does 52-53%. Keep in mind that it has to be sweetspotted.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I was just asking. I wasn't saying Ness' PK Flash was rapetastic. But it makes me wonder, can their d-smash kill? I don't fight IC's at all. I only fought one and that was a year ago. As for Bowser, literally head strong. XD

Ugg

Smash Champion
I was just asking. I wasn't saying Ness' PK Flash was rapetastic. But it makes me wonder, can their d-smash kill? I don't fight IC's at all. I only fought one and that was a year ago. As for Bowser, literally head strong. XD
It can't kill nearly as well as their other smashes.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Snake uptilt is good.

MK d-smash is really nice due to it's overall safety.

Marth's nair is actually a great kill move when tippered.

Waft is amazing, but frankly situational (due to the infrequency of possible use). The clap (uair is also pretty amazing.

Fox upsmash is nice, but a tad unsafe.

Hate to say it, but in my opinion, Marth's Fsmash is win. Powerful, quick, great range, etc. :/
10 frames is not quick as kill moves go, it sux if untippered, and it's mad punishable. Marth's best kill move overall is tippered nair.

Kirby's FSmash is probably one of the most unsafe and overrated moves in the game.
It's actually pretty safe, just mad slow to start up.

It's not really rated that well, but it kills nicely, so it's **** on a good prediction.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
wario fsmash, nearly instant, great range, great power, SUPER ARMOR.
Great range? What the hell?! It's range is tiny. And it has high ending lag....

I'm going to have to agree with the others on Snake's UTilt. It has a huge disjointed hitbox, is fast with not much ending lag and kills at around 90% bar any DI.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Snake Utilt would be perfect if it could be performed out of a dash/shield laglessly.

Honestly, I think other top contenders are Olimar's grab(and by extension Ness's grab) due to being usable both out of shield and out of a dash, as well as going THROUGH shields while killing reliably (which is probably their best quality), Donkey Kong's Dsmash, a 9 frame kill move with monstrous range and ******** kill power, Fox's Usmash, a ridiculously fast move with incredible range due to Fox's pure ground speed and incredible KO power, and of course the Wario Waft which needs no explanation.

Rajam

Smash Champion
G&W's fully charged bucket has excelent range, KO power and instant speed, and it's absolutely safe. Can be used OoS, out of a grab. Sadly, you can't use it always

MK dsmash has everything, only maybe lacking a little of KO power. Snake's utilt also has everything, but backwards range. Those are the best KO moves in the game who are not situational

Levitas

the moon
IC's grab is the best kill move.

It's lacking in range, but comes out in single digit frames and kills at any percent.

Mecakoto

Smash Journeyman
Olimar's Up-Smash and his Down-Smash.

His Up-Smash is fast activating and with cool down, it has deceptively good range, and it has wonderful power with the Purple, Blue, and Red Pikmin. If it misses or hits a shield, you can sometimes fire another one off before they can really do anything. It's only fault is that it is dependent on Pikmin color but if you aren't managing your colors you aren't playing Oli correctly.

The Down-Smash has insane power if used Up-Close. If not, then it can be a good mix-up for the Up-Smash because there isn't a really noticeable difference for each one's start-up. DIing poorly will lead to early kills off the side if you're lucky. It is Pikmin-dependent, but I already addressed that. One issue with it is that it has quite a bit more cool-down then the Up-Smash.

So, I say those 2 in conjunction. Inb4someoneforgettingthatthisisanopinion

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
Olimar's Up-Smash and his Down-Smash.

His Up-Smash is fast activating and with cool down, it has deceptively good range, and it has wonderful power with the Purple, Blue, and Red Pikmin. If it misses or hits a shield, you can sometimes fire another one off before they can really do anything. It's only fault is that it is dependent on Pikmin color but if you aren't managing your colors you aren't playing Oli correctly.

The Down-Smash has insane power if used Up-Close. If not, then it can be a good mix-up for the Up-Smash because there isn't a really noticeable difference for each one's start-up. DIing poorly will lead to early kills off the side if you're lucky. It is Pikmin-dependent, but I already addressed that. One issue with it is that it has quite a bit more cool-down then the Up-Smash.

So, I say those 2 in conjunction. Inb4someoneforgettingthatthisisanopinion

Same here, olimar knows best.
you've chosen a wise answer there sir.

FooXero

Smash Cadet
Snake Utilt. No explanation needed.
Meta SL. Again, no explanation needed.
Bucket is indeed powerful, but again situational and I believe this is more of an all arond kind of thing.

One that no one has mentioned so far is Marth's UpB.

It is INSANELY fast (see frame data below, I use it to stop a chaingrab from my buddy's Falco), has great knockback if close, use out of shield, use out of dash, and can stage spike like no other. When you're having off the stage fights, recovery is also important and bar getting caught on the bottom of FD, it can easily get you back on the stage, not to mention its vertical velocity is unreal and you can ledge hog quickly and hit an opponent off the bottom at the same time.

And just for ****s and giggles... Ganon Dair. ZZZZT! Thunderstorm!

Dolphin Slash Frame Data (Pulled from the Marth boards, thanks Steel2nd)

Invincible frames: 1-5
Hit: 5-11
Landing Lag: 34
Shield Stun: 13

Mecakoto

Smash Journeyman
I'd go with Marth's Up-B as a possibility IF it wasn't such a Risk vs Reward attack. Using it correctly will net you a kill/better position overall, but missing with it will likely mean you take some damage or lose a stock. Certainly not as spammable as some of the others mentioned.

dawgbowl

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-2803-2467
Lucas Fsmash - Love that backswing giant hitbox, kills relatively around 100% and quick.

Ness Bthrow - In a grab heavy game, its the BEST killing grab IMO. (ICs dont count)

prince_of_darkness

Smash Cadet
Snake's up tilt,
Meta knight's Sl,
and wario's waft are all pretty **** amazing.

waft can't be used all the time, however.

Also

In Teams,

Zss + G&W = ****

BIGM1994

Smash Champion
its snakes u tilt and foxes upsmash doenst come close. foxes up smash barely ever hits people at a higher level. snakes u tilt has broken range and is really strong. mks shuttle loop comes close

Man of Popsicle

Smash Lord
Luigi's spike, then MK's shuttle loop stage spike, then Ness' spike, then Ness' PKT2, then Gannon Spike, then Ike's Aether, then PK Flash.

I beleive.

ArtDude

Smash Rookie
No one is really going to take my opinion much but it's probably definitely Donkey Kong's Punch.

It KO's characters at similar percents of all the above mentioned attacks (depending on how well they DI of course, since it is mainly a horizontal knockback move) and is much more versatile in application due to being able to use both in the air and grounded and having SA frames. The SA frames make it more of an attack that doesn't need to be slipped in or used to punish people but to predict when people are going to try to attack/approach you. The SA armor just overrides the attack. Also, the knockback on it makes it almost impossible to punish even when PSed not to mention the extremely LARGE hitbox that hits just as far as Snake's UTilt if not farther and even hits behind DK up past his shoulder for a vertical knockback hit. The 9-Wind version of the punch while lacking SA frames can even KO light characters at percents as low as 43%.

Summary: The attack does massive damage, SA armor nullifies the need for speed, KO's at low percents (9-Wind even lower), aerial and grounded versions, and almost impossible to punish even if PSed.

The only downside to it is the Fall Special afterwards and the need to charge it (even though the time needed to charge has been greatly reduced and is almost nothing now days).

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Snake Utilt. No explanation needed.
Meta SL. Again, no explanation needed.
Bucket is indeed powerful, but again situational and I believe this is more of an all arond kind of thing.

One that no one has mentioned so far is Marth's UpB.

It is INSANELY fast (see frame data below, I use it to stop a chaingrab from my buddy's Falco), has great knockback if close, use out of shield, use out of dash, and can stage spike like no other. When you're having off the stage fights, recovery is also important and bar getting caught on the bottom of FD, it can easily get you back on the stage, not to mention its vertical velocity is unreal and you can ledge hog quickly and hit an opponent off the bottom at the same time.

And just for ****s and giggles... Ganon Dair. ZZZZT! Thunderstorm!

Dolphin Slash Frame Data (Pulled from the Marth boards, thanks Steel2nd)

Invincible frames: 1-5
Hit: 5-11
Landing Lag: 34
Shield Stun: 13
I'd go with Marth's Up-B as a possibility IF it wasn't such a Risk vs Reward attack. Using it correctly will net you a kill/better position overall, but missing with it will likely mean you take some damage or lose a stock. Certainly not as spammable as some of the others mentioned.
Well, you shouldn't be hit, the way the move is designed, you should never have to use the move except when it's guaranteed.

Regardless, it kills to late to truely be an amazing KILL move, just an amazing move.

Glick

Smash Lord
Has anybody noticed how quickly luigis fsmash tilted up kills. I know it kills jiggz at like 50 or some ridiculous number.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
My Favorite K.O Move is Warlock Punch (Orgasmic).

Power - Warlock Punch / Mr. G&W Judgement (Number 9) / Falcon Punch.

Speed - Falcon Punch (If used Correctly) / Marth's Fsmash (Sweetspoted) / Luigi Fsmash / MK's Dsmash.

Range - DK's Fsmash / Lucario Fsmash.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
My Favorite K.O Move is Warlock Punch (Orgasmic

Power - Warlock Punch / Mr. G&W Side-B (Number 9) / Falcon Punch.

Speed - Falcon Punch (If used Correctly) / Marth's Fsmash (Sweetspoted) / Luigi Fsmash.

Range - DK's Fsmash
All of those are either slow, unsafe, or situational.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
If you've posted in this thread and the words, "Snake's Utilt" are not to be found anywhere on your post, then you probably shouldn't have posted.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
This thread lacks Zelda's downsmash ^_^

Seriously though, it is a very fast smash and is great out of spotdodge, it has pretty decent ko power, and hits on both sides (but, I think Snakes utilt does all of these too and has better ko power, but I'm going to ignore that)

Metaknight's Downsmash is broken and should be banned (jk flamers =P)

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
This thread lacks Zelda's downsmash ^_^

Seriously though, it is a very fast smash and is great out of spotdodge, it has pretty decent ko power, and hits on both sides (but, I think Snakes utilt does all of these too and has better ko power, but I'm going to ignore that)

Metaknight's Downsmash is broken and should be banned (jk flamers =P)
There's a reasonable amount of character bias here.

You can tech it, or just recover, you know.

Terra~

Smash Journeyman
Snake's UTilt (so I don't post uselessly) No really by a long shot it's nice
Lucas' FSmash, USmash, DSmash. Harharhar. Up - Massive, D - 3 hits (lol SpotDodge), Front - It's a stick<3
MK's DSmash is pretty hardcore of course.
Wario's Waft is amazing, his FSmash is sexy, his UAir deserve applause (haha I'm funny right?)

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
Use it correctly, Frown.
Yeah...

Falcon Punch isn't too Fast, but If you use it Correctly.

If you use in the air to hit in the ground... Falcon Punch can be awesome to hit Quickly the opponent.

Use with Strategy ;)

Mindgames...

EDIT: The moves that I said can be very situational, but Think, If you use Correctly...

zeldspazz

Smash Master
There's a reasonable amount of character bias here.

You can tech it, or just recover, you know.

Well duh there is thats why I main Zelda XD

But seriously I am aware that Snakes U-tilt, Meta's Dsmash, Meta's ShuttleLoop, Fox's Upsmash (what was I getting at again?), etc. are all better than Zelda, I was just thinking that Zelda's downsmash is a decent gtfo ko move.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
I was just thinking that Zelda's downsmash is a decent gtfo ko move.
Zelda's Dsmash really has a decent KO Power ?

I have a Friend who mains Zelda and When he perform the Dsmash, I always get back to the Stage. I think Zelda's Dsmash can be useful for other purposes, but KO ?!

Fsmash/Usmash has much more KO purposes than Dsmash.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Well duh there is thats why I main Zelda XD

But seriously I am aware that Snakes U-tilt, Meta's Dsmash, Meta's ShuttleLoop, Fox's Upsmash (what was I getting at again?), etc. are all better than Zelda, I was just thinking that Zelda's downsmash is a decent gtfo ko move.
» Smash World Forums » Super Smash Bros. Brawl » Brawl Tactical Discussion » Best KO move in the game?

Thanks for the help.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Zelda's Dsmash really has a decent KO Power ?

I have a Friend who mains Zelda and When he perform the Dsmash, I always get back to the Stage. I think Zelda's Dsmash smash can be useful for other purposes, but KO ?!

Fsmash/Usmash has much more KO purposes than Dsmash.
It is an opinion isnt it? Fsmash and Usmash can be SDIed out of so I'm tentative at times cus my friends are getting better. I use Usmash for early damage and then keep it fresh through the rest of the stock for a ko. IDK just my opinion again.

Top Bottom