• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Falco players?

Sudsy86_

Smash Ace
Does PC ever use Falco in Brawl, or does he mainly stick with Wolf? Anyone know?

Anyways, from what I've seen of Forward's and Sethlon's videos, their play was virtually even; however, Forward's opponent was far better than Sethlon's ( he was utterly horrible).

From the videos, I would fear Forward's falco a little more than Sethlon's.

I'm not sure about Bombsoldier, though.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
You know the best part?
Um, we all know Forward>Sethlon in Melee?
<3 Sethlon though
Is Sethllon the only Falco winning tournaments?
Chillindude won one with Falco. Nevertheless, Sethlon is tearing it up.
Off topic: Good **** with that sig, Njz!
lolz, thanks man
Does PC ever use Falco in Brawl, or does he mainly stick with Wolf? Anyone know?
Falco is one of his secondaries.
Anyways, from what I've seen of Forward's and Sethlon's videos, their play was virtually even; however, Forward's opponent was far better than Sethlon's ( he was utterly horrible).
I agree, alot of Sethlon's opponents seemed trashy, especially the Snake player who didn't know he can pull out grenades in Falco's CG and therefore lost a stock everytime he was grabbed.

Blad01

Smash Lord
Bombsoldier is not as good in Brawl as everybody says. There are just two vids of him, not particulary impressive....

Sethlon is very good, but i don't think he's "the best Falco in the world" or even in America. His first vid was very impressive and instructive, and his playstyle is great, but.... I don't know, we'll se when he will fight against very good opponents ^^ (His opponents were already great, but come one, Brawl can out three months ago).

Forward... I don't even know who he is è_é Please show me one of his Brawl vid :D

redgreenblue

Smash Ace
Bombsoldier is not as good in Brawl as everybody says. There are just two vids of him, not particulary impressive....

Sethlon is very good, but i don't think he's "the best Falco in the world" or even in America. His first vid was very impressive and instructive, and his playstyle is great, but.... I don't know, we'll se when he will fight against very good opponents ^^ (His opponents were already great, but come one, Brawl can out three months ago).

Forward... I don't even know who he is è_é Please show me one of his Brawl vid :D
One of the best (if not THE best) Falco players in melee (I personally liked his style more than DaShizWiz). I find it a bit... weird that people are assuming he'll be one of the greatest Falcos in brawl. They are entirely different characters, old falco and new falco... old falco was an aggressive powerhouse, you were either attacking or you were dying with him. New falco is well suited to every aspect of the game. I'm not saying forward CAN'T be a good falco, I'm just saying that you shouldn't assume things will be the same as they were in melee (especially when I haven't seen a single forward falco video).

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Forward... I don't even know who he is è_é
LOL, way to live up to your join date xD
One of the best (if not THE best) Falco players in melee (I personally liked his style more than DaShizWiz). I find it a bit... weird that people are assuming he'll be one of the greatest Falcos in brawl. They are entirely different characters, old falco and new falco... old falco was an aggressive powerhouse, you were either attacking or you were dying with him. New falco is well suited to every aspect of the game. I'm not saying forward CAN'T be a good falco, I'm just saying that you shouldn't assume things will be the same as they were in melee (especially when I haven't seen a single forward falco video).
I REPEAT!!!!!!!:
Wrong.

Since he was a extremely good Falco in Melee, it means he took the strong effort and time to get at that very high competitive level. Given the fact he's playing Brawl competitively, you can only expect the same thing. He will take more effort and time then others, and once again be amazing.

There's a reason why people like Cort, Mew2King, PC Chris, etc. are still dominating tournaments.

Two totally different games but the same will to dominate the tournament scene.
>____>

Now, in that video of Forward vs Futile, it shows that Forward has entered the competitive tournament scene for Brawl and is already tackling very good players, aka...he's doing it all over again :p

I don't know how you guys missed the link, but here it is again:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB9IP4B8qnQ

redgreenblue

Smash Ace
LOL, way to live up to your join date xD

I REPEAT!!!!!!!:

>____>
Buuuuuuuull****. Technical experience with melee means JACK in brawl. The only thing that carried over is psychological superiority. Just because the old greats are dominating NOW won't mean they'll be dominating in the 2-3 years. The new legends will begin to appear, just as they did with melee.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Buuuuuuuull****. Technical experience with melee means JACK in brawl. The only thing that carried over is psychological superiority. Just because the old greats are dominating NOW won't mean they'll be dominating in the 2-3 years. The new legends will begin to appear, just as they did with melee.
Technical experience???

DID I SAY ANYTHING ABOUT TECH SKILL LOL?

I meant skill and knowledge in general.
Eventhough I didn't mention tech skill...tech skill is ONE OF THOSE THINGS needed to become a top player, that's all.

But yeah...Mew2King is one of the techest players from Melee...and he's still one of the best in the world...that means there's more to it.

People such as Forward, Cort, M2K, etc. take smash and the competitive scene more seriously then others and they know the steps for being on top, nuff said.

And of course more people will rise up over the years...

I mean, Ken and Isai used to be the 2 best in the world in Melee. Then people such as Azen, Chu Dat, PC Chris, Mew2king, etc. finally came to the top.

Cort..I didn't even know who he was 2 years ago lol, he came out of no where (kinda) and contributed in dominating the Melee scene.

lolz we're talking about the best Falco players NOW, AREN'T WE?????

redgreenblue

Smash Ace
Technical experience???

DID I SAY ANYTHING ABOUT TECH SKILL LOL?

I meant skill and knowledge in general.
Eventhough I didn't mention tech skill...tech skill is ONE OF THOSE THINGS needed to become a top player, that's all.

But yeah...Mew2King is one of the techest players from Melee...and he's still one of the best in the world...that means there's more to it.

People such as Forward, Cort, M2K, etc. take smash and the competitive scene more seriously then others and they know the steps for being on top, nuff said.

And of course more people will rise up over the years...

I mean, Ken and Isai used to be the 2 best in the world in Melee. Then people such as Azen, Chu Dat, PC Chris, Mew2king, etc. finally came to the top.

Cort..I didn't even know who he was 2 years ago lol, he came out of no where (kinda) and contributed in dominating the Melee scene.

lolz we're talking about the best Falco players NOW, AREN'T WE?????
This is your strongest point lol. It's a good one though, the main reason those guys are dominating is because they have a thorough understanding of HOW to dominate.

Sudsy86_

Smash Ace
From what I've watched ( which is a LOT of videos), the top players aren't good because they're good at SOME things which happen to give them advantages over others; it's because their overall skill( it goes beyond just teching) is clearly more refined and the difference in understanding is even greater--it's evidenced by their metagames.

Tech skill was important in Melee; so maybe the top players WORKED intently on developing their tech skill, and not, like many seem to think, have natural talents including mostly tech skill. Their understanding of the game, as i said before, is evidenced by their metagames.

They understood Melee better than others; what evidence is there indicating their less capable of figuring out Brawl than others? The only top player from Melee ( that's active in the scene) that's not particularly great at Brawl, from what I've seen, is Chu. ( his problem in the videos I have seen is too much pre-meditated, strategized attack sequences) And, quite frankly, he's certainly one of the 25 best players I've seen.

I will grant you that Brawl is easier for slower players to do well in ( Melee was ALL about quickness, in attacking and thinking), but the reason they're slow is because they refuse to adapt their game to circumstances in order to win. The top players don't have that kind of pride, don't limit their play much, and get better more rapidly than others.

More than just psychology carries over, considering the concept of the game still remains.
The ways you execute properly have changed a LITTLE bit, but you still have to aerial, dash, smash, dashing smashes, use the edges and platforms to your advantage, find general (attack+ positioning) advantages, and probably more things I'm forgetting.

There are more good players at Brawl than at Melee, but the overwhelming majority are still as comparitively good as ever. I know I'm probably as comparitively good as I was at Melee. Why? Because I have approached the game as naive but objectively as necessary ( I knew the concept of the game, so I didn't assume I knew nothing about that), and have been willing to learn to do whatever it takes to win in as many circumstances my mind has allowed me to conceive.

In summary, you have little evidence for your points and are probably wrong.

redgreenblue

Smash Ace
From what I've watched ( which is a LOT of videos), the top players aren't good because they're good at SOME things which happen to give them advantages over others; it's because their overall skill( it goes beyond just teching) is clearly more refined and the difference in understanding is even greater--it's evidenced by their metagames.

Tech skill was important in Melee; so maybe the top players WORKED intently on developing their tech skill, and not, like many seem to think, have natural talents including mostly tech skill. Their understanding of the game, as i said before, is evidenced by their metagames.

They understood Melee better than others; what evidence is there indicating their less capable of figuring out Brawl than others? The only top player from Melee ( that's active in the scene) that's not particularly great at Brawl, from what I've seen, is Chu. ( his problem in the videos I have seen is too much pre-meditated, strategized attack sequences) And, quite frankly, he's certainly one of the 25 best players I've seen.

I will grant you that Brawl is easier for slower players to do well in ( Melee was ALL about quickness, in attacking and thinking), but the reason they're slow is because they refuse to adapt their game to circumstances in order to win. The top players don't have that kind of pride, don't limit their play much, and get better more rapidly than others.

More than just psychology carries over, considering the concept of the game still remains.
The ways you execute properly have changed a LITTLE bit, but you still have to aerial, dash, smash, dashing smashes, use the edges and platforms to your advantage, find general (attack+ positioning) advantages, and probably more things I'm forgetting.

There are more good players at Brawl than at Melee, but the overwhelming majority are still as comparitively good as ever. I know I'm probably as comparitively good as I was at Melee. Why? Because I have approached the game as naive but objectively as necessary ( I knew the concept of the game, so I didn't assume I knew nothing about that), and have been willing to learn to do whatever it takes to win in as many circumstances my mind has allowed me to conceive.

In summary, you have little evidence for your points and are probably wrong.
Game intelligence is what I refer to as "psychology"... being smart in the game. That includes knowing when to attack, what to use to your advantage. It's not just what people call "mind games".

Listen guys, I want to expell from your head that I'm saying people good in melee won't be ruling brawl. They might be. If they put in as much effort into brawl as they did in melee, they'll probably be the leaders of the tourney scene.

I'm saying that you can't assume they'll be the ONLY ones dominating the scene. All the melee greats except a few (eg. isai) were not big in the ssb64 scene (which didn't have much of a scene, I'll admit). It's unfair to say that the scene will have all the same players as it did back in 2005. Give other people a chance, you know? It's not just people like M2K who can put lots and lots of effort into smash bros.

Rat

Smash Lord
side note (melee ability): does anyone find that they have to undo melee thinking? Like this should work in this situation but it doesn't. Or that SHOULDN'T work but it does. I hate that.

Anyways....

On who is the best, I don't know, and I don't think it matters. Who you touch yourself to, it's all up to you.

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
Is Sethllon the only Falco winning tournaments?
Meh, neither you nor I have a real indication of our region's skill. I can only assume mine is good because we have like 200 man tournaments twice a week, so we get a lot of practice and talent.

Winning a local tournament means too little in this game. Hardly anyone has traveled outside of their own region. We can only **** talk and assume our players are best, but we really don't know yet.

I remember sethlon being a good roy though. I don't doubt that he's good in brawl.

WEST COAST!

Tengosku

Smash Cadet
in case anybody's wondering, forward competed in the ucla monthly VI tourney in california where he placed 9th out of 200 with a two-day old falco (granted using pit against hugs near the end)
and it was soon after that that he posted his "respect the c.o.c.k." thread (which deified him into chuck norris, somehow)
this all means he's probably working on making a good brawl falco for us to see, i wouldn't judge him on his ucla footage ( http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?p=r&user=getyourtournament&page=3 )

that being said, his two day old falco SUCKED when compared to a trained falco, so he really shouldn't be brought into this thread yet

also sethlon>bombsoldier

Massiveguns

Smash Apprentice
fujita is amazing and i only watched 1 vid, but **** that asain is so controlling with lasers.

bowz10190

Smash Apprentice
I was watching Forward's falco. It's really not THAT bad. He utilizes alot of things very well. He looks as if he's good at the game so far, but needs to work on his falco and what to do when, if you understand that at all.. xD.
He uses ftilt really well, best i've seen so far. Give him a month or two, he'll be up there with sethlon and me.
(sarcastic me, of course. xD)

clowsui

Smash Legend
lol i feel really stupid for asking that now because its chillin, he's probably beast at falco XD
also let's see some results then :/

clowsui

Smash Legend
blackcat, as chillin said like 10 posts ago:

we need results more than videos for proof that you're a beast.

so where are you placing in tournaments?

clowsui

Smash Legend
lol you guys realize that Falco's forward was 2 days old and he got 9th at UCLA VI with like near 200 ppl there?

Jeez. good **** forward.

Also PC is back with Falco (but he still plays a lot of Snake) , hopefully Cort recorded esticle singles finals so we can see it in action

So we'll probably have a huge wave of falco activity soon

TheX0913

Smash Apprentice
Jersey City, New Jersey; Cornell at Ithaca, New Yo
We can't say who is a good BRAWL FALCO. Everyone is naming amazing players who mained the melee falco. Face it, in this vids sethlon and forward play falco as if it were the melee falco. They are amazing no doubt but this is a new playing field and the mechanics of the game are different. They can possibly be the best later in the future. Only time can tell.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
We can't say who is a good BRAWL FALCO. Everyone is naming amazing players who mained the melee falco. Face it, in this vids sethlon and forward play falco as if it were the melee falco. They are amazing no doubt but this is a new playing field and the mechanics of the game are different. They can possibly be the best later in the future. Only time can tell.
Huh?

Sethlon never touched falco in melee...EVER. He was a Roy main.

And I agree with HUGS.

Top Bottom