• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best character design

D

Deleted member

Who do you think has the best/coolest character design in SSB4?

I think its easily pit because he has an AWESOME outfit and wings.

Do you disagree, If so who do you think has a better design?

Last edited by a moderator:
NNID
Budget_Player
Pit's an angel. Like, a completely stereotypical angel design. Childish face, white tunic, wings, sandals, the works. And honestly, if you want to discuss character design, you could do a hell of a lot better than a game where most of the main characters are not original to the game, but instead date back to the 8-bit era. I will say that the model and moveset design on Duck Hunt is very solid. Every move has a certain character that seems true to form, despite the older version being, yanno, from the 80s. It feels like the NES character brought to life.

D

Deleted member

Pit's an angel. Like, a completely stereotypical angel design. Childish face, white tunic, wings, sandals, the works. And honestly, if you want to discuss character design, you could do a hell of a lot better than a game where most of the main characters are not original to the game, but instead date back to the 8-bit era. I will say that the model and moveset design on Duck Hunt is very solid. Every move has a certain character that seems true to form, despite the older version being, yanno, from the 80s. It feels like the NES character brought to life.
Isnt Duck Hunt just A duck on a dog? How is that better then pit then?

NNID
Budget_Player
Isnt Duck Hunt just A duck on a dog? How is that better then pit then?
The issue is not so much the way the character looks, but rather the way the character moves. Every move mirrors that sort of jerky, definitive 8-bit animation style.

Also, I should have mentioned this in the last post (but didn't notice): this is not a good topic for the debate hall.

D

Deleted member

The issue is not so much the way the character looks, but rather the way the character moves. Every move mirrors that sort of jerky, definitive 8-bit animation style.

Also, I should have mentioned this in the last post (but didn't notice): this is not a good topic for the debate hall.
Sorry didnt know it didnt belong in debate hall and How does he move badly?

D

Deleted member

Looks like the thread has been moved to a proper section o:

Anyway, I agree with Pit having a cool character design :D
I also like Marth's.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Duck hunt best design? Hahahaha no. If you like using side b forever on a normal dog and a duck then yeah.

The true pick is game and watch, hype moves, captures the classic feel yet is so fresh.

/thread

edit: wow smashboards users are so full of themselves lately.

Last edited:

MapleWooD

Smash Journeyman
In Smash 4, :4megaman:and :4robinm:are the best designed. They play just as they do in their respective games which is Jumpin'N'Shootin' and strategic playmaking. They are also visually appealing as Mega Man stays true to his iconic Blue Bomber look while Robin's color contrast is simple yet marvelous.
I do wanna mention :wolf:as a character. He's clone who differs greatly from the original yet is just as effective, as evidenced by Brawl's tier list, unlike other clones who either too similar to the point where it barely matters who you pick or too different to the point where one just feels inferior.

PS, could you please stop fanboying over :4pit:? We get it.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well, this thread will probably turn into "my favorite character dress the best!"

And I will totally say that Zelda's dress, hairstyle and jewelry is the best :awesome:

Sakuraichu

Smash Journeyman
In Smash 4, :4megaman:and :4robinm:are the best designed. They play just as they do in their respective games which is Jumpin'N'Shootin' and strategic playmaking. They are also visually appealing as Mega Man stays true to his iconic Blue Bomber look while Robin's color contrast is simple yet marvelous.
I do wanna mention :wolf:as a character. He's clone who differs greatly from the original yet is just as effective, as evidenced by Brawl's tier list, unlike other clones who either too similar to the point where it barely matters who you pick or too different to the point where one just feels inferior.

PS, could you please stop fanboying over :4pit:? We get it.
did you just call wolf a clone

MapleWooD

Smash Journeyman
did you just call wolf a clone
Just to keep things simple. Clone or semi-clone aren't the ways I'd really describe him, more like a quarter-clone, but that's not exactly a thing. It was the easiest way to explain things. Believe me, I get really mad when people call Wolf a clone.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just to keep things simple. Clone or semi-clone aren't the ways I'd really describe him, more like a quarter-clone, but that's not exactly a thing. It was the easiest way to explain things. Believe me, I get really mad when people call Wolf a clone.
Just wondering how am I fanboying Pit I just like him.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
:4sonic:
Favorite video game franchise and character of all-time. He's simple, cartoony, and overall a very cool looking character.

JapanGuy

Smash Cadet
Bowser. This iteration of him is the coolest designed character of the entire cast. :4bowser:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Clearly, Mr. Game & Watch has the best design.
Duck hunt best design? Hahahaha no. If you like using side b forever on a normal dog and a duck then yeah.

The true pick is game and watch, hype moves, captures the classic feel yet is so fresh.

/thread

edit: wow smashboards users are so full of themselves lately.
Yeah I like Mr game and watch with that kind of classic design to him, plus how he moves frame by frame is cool :p

MarioFireRed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MarioFireRed
3DS FC
5026-4457-8398
By best character design do you mean how their moveset references their games and own special qualities or their graphical design in how they look in the game? Because I have one personal opinion for each:

Moveset: Robin:4robinm::4robinf:. Aside from Nosferatu (which they themselves can't naturally learn from Awakening), all their regular attacks are used with the non-breakable Bronze Sword or stronger yet actually breakable Levin Sword while their special attacks are used with different tomes to actually represent some of the mages from FE for a change. Their character gimmick, Durability, also captures FE, a strategy RPG, perfectly because you would need to keep track of your move usage and actually need to think quickly when on the battlefield.

Graphical Design: Bowser:4bowser:. From Melee and Brawl his design felt more of being just a big hunched turtle than the Big Bad of the Super Mario series. Come Smash 4's more colorful and cartoonish graphics, however, and you get yourself one of the most redesigned veterans of the entire cast. With his new straightened stance and towering running animation, the King of Koopas marks a triumphant and bad-ass new start in the game.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I'd like to think the best design is Kirby, he's got a very simple design which compliments his personality. He may not be as physically complex as the others and I think that's actually his strong point design-wise, not his weakpoint. I'm probably biased though, but aren't we all biased?

mark welford

Smash Ace
My two cents on this matter on a few characters.

:4bowser: Previous installments can't compare to his SSB4 iteration now he actually looks like big bad@$$ up there with Ganon.
:4palutena: I think her design is a little sexualized.
:4sonic:He has that blue hedgehog feel and what I mean is he retains that classic cartoony yet cool feel with a modern touch.
:4gaw:His overall design does it job he has that retro vibe not much to be said very cool.
:4tlink:Very cute!! *excuse me* Cool design.
:4littlemac:Has a street guy feel to him like Rocky Balboa.

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
I'm going with :4bowser:. They changed so much about him and made him feel less brainless.
Although If wolf didn't get cut then for sure him

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
I swear i've seen this same post raving about pit's outfit in at least 3 different threads already.If we are counting alt costumes, white marth is still the most stylish thing in existence

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I think Mega Man and Ike look really cool. Though we all know who's the most badass looking.

The main man himself, Shaq. :yeahboi:

Top Bottom