• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 Best Buy demo will be the same version played in the tournament

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
From the Super Smash Bros Facebook page:

"On June 11 and June 14, you're invited to the "Super Smash Bros. Smash-Fest at Best Buy," where you can demo the same version of the Super Smash Bros. on Wii U that will be shown at E3 2014 in Los Angeles!"

No idea if this is big news, or if it's already been talked about, but a confirmation is nice, isn't it?

Gazdakka Gizbang

Smash Apprentice
Well, at least the Best Buy groups won't be missing out on anything, though this means the tournament roster we see now is the demo roster we'll get. Any secret character unveilings won't be available during the demo.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
It's nice to have the confirmation, but it also reduces the likelihood to near zero of the "Challenger Approaching" ending to the tournament people wanted to see.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
So we can't play as :4charizard::4dedede::4diddy::4myfriends::4lucario::4luigi::4sheik::4tlink::4yoshi::substitute: Thats ok since they are all veterans but I kinda want to try Diddy since he was my best in Brawl. Sheik and Charizard would be interesting to try with their new moves.

Last edited:

Atom`

Smash Rookie
NNID
SSBrawlMelee
3DS FC
0318-8048-9695
It's nice to have the confirmation, but it also reduces the likelihood to near zero of the "Challenger Approaching" ending to the tournament people wanted to see.
Not necessarily. The tournament is the day before the Best Buy demo from what I understand. A character can be revealed at the tournament at the end, and it can very well be playable the next day at Best Buy.

Gazdakka Gizbang

Smash Apprentice
Not necessarily. The tournament is the day before the Best Buy demo from what I understand. A character can be revealed at the tournament at the end, and it can very well be playable the next day at Best Buy.
That seems illogical to me - leaving out characters they've already revealed but putting in a brand-new-revealed-yesterday character for the demo. I would think they'd want us to simmer over the possibilities of what that character can do a little longer than a day.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Oh, this is good to know. This means that New Super Mario Bros. U stage revealed yesterday will be playable at Best Buy.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
I'm actually way more curious about the stages on this thing than the characters. I want to see what kind of gimmicks we're are dealing with this time around. Anyways 20 characters is enough to look at for the time being.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
That Facebook post doesn't say anything about the tournament's selection of characters at all. The demo it's talking about is the one that will be playable on the show floor, and there's been zero implications that the tournament and the showfloor demo have the same roster.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
That Facebook post doesn't say anything about the tournament's selection of characters at all. The demo it's talking about is the one that will be playable on the show floor, and there's been zero implications that the tournament and the showfloor demo have the same roster.
Well, we have one thing confirmed. Sakurai said the stage he revealed yesterday would be on the E3 Demo. So Best Buy gets that.

Though, it's probably fairly safe to assume the Demo has the same characters as the Invitational. If the characters are tournament ready, they are ready for a demo.

Top Bottom