• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best and worst lucas moves.

Omis

my friends were skinny
Being a n00b to these boards I was just wondering what everyone thinks is lucas'es best and worst move. Personally I think his best best is pk fire just because of how versatile it is. On the contrary I think his worst move is either u-air or u-tilt just because of how situational they are for me.

MasterKoga

Smash Cadet
i disagree with utilt, it's a great combo starter. i would say his dtilt and bair are his worst, however useful they are.

Omis

my friends were skinny
Thats interesting I LOVE his bair. It's always fun to spike somebody with it. Also I can see how you would dislike his dtilt but if the first hit trips them you can use it again in sucession for a good 20-30 percent. Also I just realized that if you only jump once then use uair it boosts you up making for some good surprises.

Thand

Smash Cadet
I'd have to go with PK Freeze being the worst, and pretty much anything else as his best.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Jab and Dair and PK Fire are best.

Dtilt and Utilt are probably my least commonly used. PK Freeze is just fun and therefore not the worst.

Dxt XXII

Smash Journeyman
PK freeze is definitly the worst, as it is easily avoided and is punishable.

Best for me would probably be his fair, with PK fire in close second and ftilt after that.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
I like PKF, nair, and utilt. I dunno why people dont like the utilt. It combos with the dthrow and nair and seets up for more combos. I love it much more than the ftilt.

Worst is PK Freeze or the uthrow. I would say bair if it werent so popular.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Jabs combo better than Utilt and have more range and priority.

Hardcorenesser

Smash Journeyman
when you say "best", do you mean favorite? or best ko power? or what? i gotta say my favorite is usmash. i am not one of those n00bs that spams it. hell no. it makes you feel good when you place it just right and see them fly to their death and the pissed off look on their face lol. i'd say his worst move is dtilt. yes, it might trip them, but you have 1 shot at it. dtilt doesn't combo into dtilt you can shield in between. pk freeze is godly in sudden deaths. when you use it and they rush at you bring it back toward you and murder em. unless of course they shield it. then youre ****ed. but if you do it right they wont expect it. soooooooo.... to sum it up:
best: usmash (or pk fire, that is pretty boss too)
worst: dtilt

Trozz

Smash Ace
Here's my brief opinion on Lucas's attacks:

Jab: Comes out really fast.
F-tilt: Brilliant for spacing.
U-tilt: Scoops up nearby enemies and throws them up. Pretty cool.
D-tilt: Not useful. D-air to d-tilt lock pretty much never happens.
Dash attack: Super slow and unimpressive.

F-smash: Great! Use this for kills, not damage.
U-smash: Hilariously huge hitbox.
D-smash: Rad! Try using this on platforms.

N-air: <3
F-air: Mediocre. Be careful using this.
U-air: Fast but weak. Nice killing move if your opponent has a LOT of damage.
B-air: Situational. I prefer this over d-air for spiking people.
D-air: Super useful if you can hit with the 4th hit. Make sure you don't land with lag.
Z-air: Grab ledges with this for lots of invisibility frames. Useless as an attack.

PKF: This skill makes Lucas own at medium range.
PKT: Use this skill often on people who have no idea how to avoid it.
PKT2: Great! Really annoying to use online though.
PKF: Awesome horizontal speed.
PKM: I use this to kill people when I'm already winning.

Most used (best?) move: PKF
Unused/Worst move: d-tilt

Omis

my friends were skinny
Congrats to trozz for the most detailed answer yet. However I do have some problems with it. Uno, dtilt is good I dont why people hate it. Dos, fair is a good approach. Tres, the worst of them all................... You put pkf twice:chuckle:

Trozz

Smash Ace
Big fan of that? Well, here's a more detailed version:

Jab: Use this whenever someone is very close to you. Make sure you face the right direction! This attack is so useful because it comes out before pretty much any character's d-smash. Think of the situations when a player would use d-smash; that's when this attack will be supreme.

F-tilt: Use this attack as a tool for spacing. Try to keep your opponent at mediumish range from you so you can continuously use PKF. This attack actually kills if you use it on people near edges.

U-tilt: If an enemy is really close to you on the ground, this will toss him up. On a stage like Battlefield, this'll throw them up past the platform. This attack combos characters who haven't taken much damage (fat characters are really susceptible to it). Don't use this one often because it's got a bunch of lag if you miss with it.

D-tilt: Use this attack against someone who does a bellyflop on the stage; it causes them to bellyflop again. You can even take a step forward between d-tilts on a flopping character to lock them in a combo. It takes a lot of practice to get this technique down right, and even then, still pretty much useless. Don't use this attack. In terms of damage, speed, knockback, range, and overall reliability, jab is much better than d-tilt.

Dash attack: Lucas throws a bunch of lingering hitboxes in front of him in a most lagtastic way. This attack sucks. It's actually useful if you use it on people just as they are landing (because the lingering hitboxes will always hit).

F-smash: This attack is the reason why so many people don't want to b-stick. The stick comes out quick and hard. Use this all the time on people near the edge or with a good amount of damage on them. Be aware of knockback degradation on stale moves! Oh, and this reflects projectiles (and use it on grounded gryos).

U-smash: I don't use this move very much. It's a total gamble, since your opponent might time his air dodge or shield at a really good time. Now, if your enemy can't dodge or shield (like someone in the fall-special state), ****. People are often surprised how huge the hitbox is. Situational is the word here.

D-smash: Spot dodge is scissors and d-smash is rock. SMASH! Also decent as both a damage move and a killing move. Not too useful against people who like keeping airborne.

N-air: Just jump towards people. Super effective against big things and Olimar. Be sure to use an attack as soon as you land (like jab/f-tilt, or if you're feeling lucky, f-smash).

F-air: I have no idea how to use this move. Just time it so the hexagons are in their face, then DI away.

U-air: The hitbox on this is tiny (compared to Ness's). Don't use it to juggle things; use other attacks. This works as a decent finisher if the opponent has a ton of damage. People will start expecting it if you use it a lot, then they'll just airdodge through it.

B-air: How to use b-air? Edgeguarding is about all I can think of. Grab the ledge, then jump away from the stage and use it. Connect the hit and your opponent flies down (usually).

D-air: Go see Tyr's crazy guide dedicated to this move. In summery: this attack is great as an approach. Just try to hit with the 4th attack so they get knocked back. Oh, and if you land hits 3 and 4 on a grounded opponent, they'll do the dreaded bellyflop animation you can exploit with d-tilt (see above).

Z-air: When you're approaching a ledge, use this to move quicker, and with more invinsibility frames.

PKF: Just shorthop and use it. Get used to timing it so it lags as little as possible.

PKT: Zapping with the PKT straight on has a different effect than if you hit them with just the tail. Try it out. You can also cast it while holding on to the edge (experiment with it).

PKT2: If you become predictable, you die. This attack is usually too fast for enemies to punish. Just don't hit yourself off the edge or rebound off the stage.

PKFreeze: Don't use this if your opponent is capable of reaching you in a second. Stay frosty.

PKM: It absorbs stuff. When the battle gets intense, it's usually better to tap the shield button to block projectiles. If you're having troubles KOing with the stick and the knockback goes stale, this move comes out pretty quick and kills. Fun fact: ending this move has lag animations unless you absorb a projectile, then in which case it can be instantly canceled (by letting go of B).

Most used (best?) move: PKF, it deals easy damage and gives them a hard time approaching

Unused/Worst move: d-tilt, it can't really kill, damage, or combo well.

Woo, a miniguide.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
you can combo into upair on larger characters. Try dthrow>SHupair>upair's downward boost>uptilt.

Trozz

Smash Ace
D-throw to sh u-air is pretty rad, but I don't recommend it against characters who have fast/strong aerial attacks. I prefer u-tilt/n-air/PKT.

GimmeAnFSharp

Smash Journeyman
The only A button moves I don't use are his dash attack and dtilt. The dash is by far the least comfortable for me... it seems to do so little for the amount of lag you get after it, when I could just as easily throw a short-hop PK fire instead.

I throw it in for a quick mindgame, but nothing more. I favor ftilt, utilt, and jabs over dtilt.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Dash attack isnt great, but its great for an anti-landing move. PKF also works, but Lucas' dash attack has KO ability.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Hey Uuby, are you the guy I was playing with the other day? Im Mik! the Ness player.
PK Freeze is cool (lol punny)

Trozz

Smash Ace
PK Freeze usage could be the thing that sets you apart from the other Lucas players! You'd be unique! No one would use a skill that bad unless they were berzonkulous! PK FREEEEEEEZE!

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I use it... I miss about 2/3 the times. but I still hit with it sometimes.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
There's really no reason not to atleast try for PK Freeze sometimes. If you have the distance spaced correctly you can't be punished and if you start jabbing right after a lot of times you can get people to walk right into it. You'd be surprised how many times you can mindgame people into it and rack up some free damage.

Trozz

Smash Ace
But it still counts as a projectile, so it can be absorbed, bucketed, etc. It'd be awesome if it didn't.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Then dont abuse it on Ness, Lucas or G&W >_>
But still, its not a great move. Dtilt or Freeze is worst. Or uthrow, I never use that.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Exactly. Dthrow KOs better, can combo into the utilt, and has more knockback. The only difference is like 1or 2 points of damage.

Hardcorenesser

Smash Journeyman
actually, dtilt isn't that bad. like in the dair -> dtilt -> fsmash combo. the dtilt is vital. also, you can lock someone against a wall if they are lying on the ground after a dair or something. not all that bad, but definitely situational.

Top Bottom