• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Alt Costume?

Favorite Alt outfit?

• Outset Tink

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • OoT Link

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Shadow Queen

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Mr. L

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Doctor Mario

Votes: 9 9.8%
  • Dry Bowser

Votes: 17 18.5%
  • Boxer Kong

• Melee Fox

• Melee Falco

• Melee Wolf

Votes: 12 13.0%
  • Virtual Boy ROB

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Beta Knight

Votes: 10 10.9%
  • Armored Mewtwo

Votes: 16 17.4%

• Total voters

MLGF

Smash Lord
Because opinions are what makes the internet such a fun place.

XalchemistX

Smash Ace
NNID
Alchemistx
Definitely armored Mewtwo is the most popular alt costume.
They need to add the cherry on top by adding in light suit Samus.

splat

Smash Lord
The poll misses a lot of costumes: Pigmask Lucas, Pajama Ness, Pirate & Party Pikachu, Crown & Fairy Jiggs..

That being said, I voted for Wolf - such a great design in my opinion.
Other faves would be Outset Link, Pigmask Lucas and Pajama Ness.

Handy Man

Smash Ace
I like Pajama Ness the most, but it's not listed on the poll. My second favorite, which is on the poll, would be Virtual Boy R.O.B., since it's an awesomely hilarious tribute to one of the most underrated video game systems of all time. (The Virtual Boy isn't as bad as people make it out to be. Almost all of its games are good, it's just the hardware that hinders them.)

Runathir

Smash Rookie
Melee Fox. Regardless of what else is there, I have to go with that, because I hate Command Fox (he's from a bad game, he's ugly imo, and he represents nerfed Fox in Smash), love Melee Fox, and I think the PMBR did a fine job on this rendition. I would've liked to see full gloves, or maybe just fingernail/claws to make his fingertips not look so odd, but that's a really small thing.

Otherwise I would've gone with Armored Mewtwo or OoT Link. But if I may say the alternate outfit that surprised me the most is Melee Falco. I had decided before they showed it that Brawl Falco looks better than his Melee counterpart, but the PM version makes it less easy to determine which I like better.

regal68

Smash Cadet
Why is everyone sleeping on fire peach? Easily the best costume with golden mew2bot a close second.

Generically Epic

Smash Ace
Oh snap. I coulda sworn this thread would get shut down. I guess I was completely wrong. My bad.

Doctor Mario, when a fallen five/forbidden 7 returns, everyone should celebrate.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Doc is greatness. I do love the armored Mewtwo, OoT Link, (Giga) Dry Bowser, Beta Knight, and Star Fox 64+2 Wolf as well. Props for adding Melee Fox & Melee Falco.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
I didn't used to like Virtual Boy ROB, but then I paused and zoomed into his eyes.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Dr. Mario for me. Those drugs are good.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
Why is everyone sleeping on fire peach? Easily the best costume with golden mew2bot a close second.

100% agree. She looks adorable with that ponytail and the fire is so sick. Plus it's such a cool idea for a costume - it's easily my favorite one in the bunch.

White Yoshi is my second favorite. I've been using that exclusively as Yoshi - I really wanna try the other new colors, but every time I'm about to, I go "wait no!" and switch back to white. That skin just looks so awesome...

Generically Epic

Smash Ace
100% agree. She looks adorable with that ponytail and the fire is so sick. Plus it's such a cool idea for a costume - it's easily my favorite one in the bunch.

White Yoshi is my second favorite. I've been using that exclusively as Yoshi - I really wanna try the other new colors, but every time I'm about to, I go "wait no!" and switch back to white. That skin just looks so awesome...
Yeah,I agree. Granted, it makes the white outfit a bit redundant. I'm probably going to replace it biker peach, fire rosalina, nurse peach, or sports peach.

Meme

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
6939 6733 3968
Punchy Kong, back in 2.5 I had most of DK colors with boxing gloves... I really like the belt too

1MachGO

Smash Ace
Classic Wolf was very well done; really professional looking.

Some of the portraits seem off though... particularly the Melee Fox and Falco ones.

MLGF

Smash Lord
I refuse to vote until we see Fairy Puff on the poll.
1) I didn't put in any costumes that were qualified as normal costumes/biker Wario because they technically don't quality
2) I forgot about Ness' and Lucas' alts. My bad.
3) I don't think you can change poll options, unless mods do it for me... if they can. I'm not going to request something so petty.
4) I really don't care for your individual vote if you act like that.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
1) I didn't put in any costumes that were qualified as normal costumes/biker Wario because they technically don't quality
2) I forgot about Ness' and Lucas' alts. My bad.
3) I don't think you can change poll options, unless mods do it for me... if they can. I'm not going to request something so petty.
4) I really don't care for your individual vote if you act like that.
Dude, it wasn't serious. Chill.

BoomToon

Smash Apprentice
I know it's not on the list, but Lucas's alt costume is my favorite. Some bias here because Mother 3 is my favorite game, but it's just plain awesome. I also love the fact they took the extra step and gave him the sword.

Tweezer Salad

Smash Apprentice
considering I would cringe every time I saw Brawl Wolf, (seriously what were they thinking?!) I'd have to go with New Wolf cause I actually want to play as him now.

But Mewtwo's though, that's just incredible.

Necrojinsei

Smash Cadet
It has to be the Fire peach, but because that's not on there I will be going with Shadow Queen Peach. Such a cool idea to bring a costume back from one of my all time favorite Mario games (Paper Mario:TTYD) and make it a costume for peach. She as a final boss was quite the challenge when I was younger. In fact we need more Paper Mario stuff (nothing relating to Sticker Star though).

Pixxler

Smash Cadet
For me Dry Bowser is the best alternate costume ... but i don't play with bowser xD

Galaga

Smash 3 Dev Team
3DS FC
4940-6585-2366
Doc and Melee Falco are my favorites. Help make the game have a bit more of a Melee feel, especially since those were my 2 Melee mains.

Spiffykins

Smash Ace
My favorite is Mega Lucari-oh wait nevermind

"we’ve tried to hit some of the costumes that we think will be the most popular first" my ass

210stuna

Smash Lord
Giga Bowser :cyclops:

On a more series note, any of the Melee alts.
I will always choose them over their Brawl counterpart.

My favorite original alt would be Mewtwo's Armor no doubt.
In no specific order I like Outset Link, and Mr. L as well, even if I don't use those characters.

Top Bottom