• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best 4v4 Characters

Olmec423

Smash Rookie
Hey my name is Steven. I wanted to sign up for a local SSBM tournament in South Florida coming up. All they are saying right now about the rules is that the rounds are going to be 4 player FFA matches, and once you sign up with your character, you cannot change your choice. I know who the best characters are for 1v1, but what about in this match setting? Who would be the best characters in a 4 player FFA match?

ConeZone

Smash Ace
hmmm, somebody with annoying projectiles maybe, and somebody quick. Peach, pikachu, falco or mario i would say.

higgins

Smash Apprentice
i would think fox or Falco would be the best they are fast and powerful and have long range attacks

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
If it's stock, remember to camp like a *****, don't get involved, take pot shots and run away.

Olmec423

Smash Rookie
Remember, I don't know the rest of the rules yet. I'm also trying to sign up ASAP before the limited slots fill up so I have to decide ASAP. I already know I rather not be Falcon or Ganondorf, Bowser (slow), Kirby Jigglypuff or Mewtwo (too floaty), Mr. Game & Watch, Marth, Roy, Yoshi. But the rest I'm not too sure about. My better characters are probably the Links, Fox, Mario (or Dr.). But I'm still ok with the rest I didn't name. I have 3 weeks before the tourny so I have a while to practice with whoever I pick.

Roman.

Smash Champion
I'd say be your best character with a good recovery and doesn't die easily. You just want to survive a while (being fast would help as well). Personally the best characters would be Ganon/Link/Fox.

D

Deleted member

Funny, I went to a local tourney last Friday, and one of the events was 4 player FFAs lol... I picked Fox and sat there on one side of FD and triple lasered... then Usmashed and shined people who approached me... like Darc said, camp and you'll do fine... I won the event, mainly because the people knocked each other out, so... if you don't know how, lrn2shine :)

Best of luck to you, and look at the Regional Zones for more tournaments (You'd be looking for Atlantic South)

Olmec423

Smash Rookie
thanks guys. I think I've narrowed it down to Link, Young link, Mario, Dr. Mario, or Fox as my possible choices since I'm most comfortable with them.

ThePurpleCobra

Smash Apprentice
not doc or mario. u need to be a character with a good recovery. id go with link. just dont up+b too much while on the ground. spam projectiles

eddiethe4th

Smash Rookie
Link for sure, his d-air is powerful, and you can bounce of your opponents for multiple hits. You can clear out a large group with down smash, his projectiles are useful and annoying and his up b is quite powerful when used properly

Skler

Smash Master
If it's stocks pick Samus, if it's time pick fox. Samus for stocks because she is hard to combo, third heaviest, has an amazing recovery and has a great defensive game (upB out of shield, missile spam, EXTENDERRRRRRRRRRR). Fox for time because of laser spam kills, usmash kills, speed and shine spikes.

technomancer

Smash Champion
Fox is the best for FFA, no doubt, just upsmash everyone who uses a smash attack or laggy move, and KS every kill with lasers. Dorf is a close second because he's good at getting people off of him.

Olmec423

Smash Rookie
Remember They don't say the rules except what I already said so I have to sign up without knowing if its time or stock. I only hope it's stock because timed would be gay for 4 player FFA it would just be whoever can kill steal.

Fletch

Smash Master
If it's timed, Fox is obviously the best with his laser to steal kills. If it's stock, just pick Ganon and infinite stall the ledge until there is only one player left, then beat him.

chaotic002

Smash Apprentice
hmmm link seems okay but i personally would choose fox or marth since marth is a good camper and grabber and fox can shine his way out of situations just dont get hit because other players might use long range characters wich might hinder fox.:)

Kyldare

Smash Apprentice
Everyone might laugh at me here, but I rarely lose a FFA with Jiggs. If you just stay away from everyone else and use a rollout every once in a while, not only are you going to get LOTS of kills, but you stand a good chance of winning.

Olmec423

Smash Rookie
I signed up as Link. Link seems like an interesting character to play with all of the projectiles and ^ and down B. Do you guys have any tips on playing as link? I already read 2 of the guides on the site.

Top Bottom