• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Before Anyone HatesLoves Lets Take A Closer Look And Take A Positive Look At This(Discussion Thread)

RockinRudy

Smash Journeyman
While watching Nintendo direct at E3 Live we all eagerly were waiting for the appearance for the new Smash Brothers. The Zelda Wind Waker remake and the other titles blew us away, Nintendo Truly showed what the Wii U is capable of.
But anyway lets get back to Smash Bros. U. While watching it for the first time, as a Melee and 64 player I wanted to see similar type mechanics instead of the horrid Brawl Mechanics. At first I was disappointed during the trailer, seeing major "floating" of the characters. But then I realized. I seen there no tripping at any of the game play videos that were posted. The game looks smooth.
Now lets take a look at 64 smash.
There is no Wave Dashing.
Hit stun was good at low and high %.
Low DI.
Every Character could at least do something.
Elegant combo's.
After seeing the gameplay much more. I find that the game won't have slow paced bull**** as brawl did. Tripping was a big deal and lets not even get to Meta knight. The whole game was made of broken. Instead we can look at this game in the Smash 64 perspective. On both the 3DS and Wii U. We can safely say this game will be fun and rather competitive to a point.
Even without "L / Z" Canceling the game looks like it can stand on it's own with it's nice smooth game play.
Discuss your thoughts on the outlook of competitive gameplay.
Good Example of 64 competitive Gameplay (Top 2 players in the world)
P.S
If none of you ever seen me post either on the 64 forums or Melee, this is how it is.
Deal with it.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
A positive thread? Sure.

So far the roster actually looks more fanbased and gives us a better chance at seeing another Third-Party. Villager was actually a wanted character along with an AC character in-general and MegaMan was practically the most wanted character post-brawl. (consistently)

RockinRudy

Smash Journeyman
A positive thread? Sure.

So far the roster actually looks more fanbased and gives us a better chance at seeing another Third-Party. Villager was actually a wanted character along with an AC character in-general and MegaMan was practically the most wanted character post-brawl. (consistently)

MegaMan was bound to happen in the series and Nintendo displayed him well.
Instead of leaving this bad ass character in the dust *cough Capcom* Nintendo displayed him and took a lot of time in the character design.
A big thing in the community is combo's and in Brawl Zero to death ever existed unless it was some "Lock" with Meta Knight in a way.
Combo's will exist by the looks of it and smash attacks will be used to finish.
It's looking pretty at this moment.

Top Bottom