• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BC Stats Smasfest @ SFU Surrey: TBA

Clouderz

Smash Ace
theirs another SFU in burnaby

WTFWTFWTFWTF

i probably wouldnt be allowed to go, imm tooo loud LAWL

ikool

Smash Apprentice
What? There's smashfests at SFU Surrey too O_O?
I just had my classes changed so I'll be attending the Surrey campus now :D

unityole

Smash Lord
the smashfest is at sfu surrey campus, it will be held at 3rd floor open space right above the 2nd floor firefighter computer lab.

well everyone is invited, but i really dont need more than 8 players.

like i said its my first time having a smashfest and there are other students, i dont plan on renting any room at all so its best not to get into trouble.

smashfest will be at SFU SURREY campus for MELEE only, this coming saturday AUGUST 22nd.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Just out of curiosity, is there any Brawl community to speak of around here? I'm going to SFU and moving into residence in about a week, and I'm wondering if I'll have anybody to play with. I do play Melee as well, but I'm not nearly as good at that game as I am at Brawl.

:005:

Clouderz

Smash Ace
Just out of curiosity, is there any Brawl community to speak of around here? I'm going to SFU and moving into residence in about a week, and I'm wondering if I'll have anybody to play with. I do play Melee as well, but I'm not nearly as good at that game as I am at Brawl.

dont play brawl, play MELEE

Sion

Island of Horizon

Yeah, unfortunately, the Brawl community isn't as strong in BC as melee is. There are some Brawl players, but they are scattered throughout BC.

kuinnster

Smash Rookie
Jack make another smashfest please.

i am starting to get back into melee. Travis too but not so much.

ikool

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys! I went to SFU Surrey Orientatrion for the last 2 days... and I gotta say the campus is pretty sweet. The games room was pretty amazing in my opinion and I couldn't believe that I could rent games! Another question... Does SFU Surrey have a SSB club? Or is it just us?

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Hey guys! I went to SFU Surrey Orientatrion for the last 2 days... and I gotta say the campus is pretty sweet. The games room was pretty amazing in my opinion and I couldn't believe that I could rent games! Another question... Does SFU Surrey have a SSB club? Or is it just us?
Heh, I was at Surrey orientation as well. =P I don't think there is a SSB club; I doubt there'd be enough interest to form a club for a specific video game series. I did see people playing SSB64 when my clan passed by though. ^.^

What games do you play? If we're both taking classes there, I'm sure we could meet up and play smash every once in a while.

ikool

Smash Apprentice
Heh, I was at Surrey orientation as well. =P I don't think there is a SSB club; I doubt there'd be enough interest to form a club for a specific video game series. I did see people playing SSB64 when my clan passed by though. ^.^

What games do you play? If we're both taking classes there, I'm sure we could meet up and play smash every once in a while.

I just play ssb i guess... and it would be cool to play some smash every so often :D
So, have the smashfests started yet? Or is there a date for this stuff?

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
SFU Burnaby would be great for me. I'd just have to walk. ^.^

@ ikool: What classes do you have tomorrow? I have Tech 106 from 12:30 - 1:50, but I have to buy textbooks beforehand, so if possible, maybe we could meet up in the games room afterward? If so, I am not Firefly IRL; just call me Jake. =P

PS: When you say you play SSB, do you mean 64? Or do you Melee and\or Brawl? It doesn`t really matter to me, since I can play all three, but I am curious.

ikool

Smash Apprentice
Sorry bout that Firefly, just a heads up, I will be in the games room on Thursday with my Brawl CD and data. I'll be playing from about 11:00AM to 2:00PM so if you wanna come play, just head over to the games room :D.

BTW, I play both Melee and Brawl. Not 64 since I don't have the game... I prefer brawl though.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Sorry bout that Firefly, just a heads up, I will be in the games room on Thursday with my Brawl CD and data. I'll be playing from about 11:00AM to 2:00PM so if you wanna come play, just head over to the games room :D.

BTW, I play both Melee and Brawl. Not 64 since I don't have the game... I prefer brawl though.
Ah, another Brawl player! For the victory!

inb4barwlsux

Sounds good. I'm pretty much in the position as you, except I do play 64 occasionally as I do have it at home. However, looking at my timetable, I have a Lab from 11:30 to 2:20 on Thursday, so I'll be able to play for maybe 15 minutes. >.< Is there any other time that works for you? Any other time on Thursday is okay for me.

Also, I went in to check out the games room after my class today, and as I entered, somebody carrying a gamecube controller and a copy of Melee walked out. It took me a moment before I realized that he was the only person there that played the game. DX Did anybody here leave the games room at around 2:00 today?

ikool

Smash Apprentice
Ah, another Brawl player! For the victory!

inb4barwlsux

Sounds good. I'm pretty much in the position as you, except I do play 64 occasionally as I do have it at home. However, looking at my timetable, I have a Lab from 11:30 to 2:20 on Thursday, so I'll be able to play for maybe 15 minutes. >.< Is there any other time that works for you? Any other time on Thursday is okay for me.

Also, I went in to check out the games room after my class today, and as I entered, somebody carrying a gamecube controller and a copy of Melee walked out. It took me a moment before I realized that he was the only person there that played the game. DX Did anybody here leave the games room at around 2:00 today?

I wasn't around at 2:00... I had left early that day. I have no classes after 3:00 tomo, so I guess I might head down to the games room to play some matches... Also, how would I be able to know who you are? As for myself, I'll be wearing an AC/DC t-shirt. I played a match of brawl with some other guys today, it was pretty awesome once you get a crowd going.

Would you prefer 1 on 1 matches or no?

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Hmm...I should be wearing a black goomba shirt tomorrow. I'll try to be there at around 3, but I'll probably attempt to sneak lunch in there first.

I would definitely prefer 1v1. There's a gamecube with Melee on my floor in residence, but nobody really knows how to play, so it's just been FFA with beginners for me so far. V.V Also, out of curiosity, when were you playing today?

ikool

Smash Apprentice
Hmm...I should be wearing a black goomba shirt tomorrow. I'll try to be there at around 3, but I'll probably attempt to sneak lunch in there first.

I would definitely prefer 1v1. There's a gamecube with Melee on my floor in residence, but nobody really knows how to play, so it's just been FFA with beginners for me so far. V.V Also, out of curiosity, when were you playing today?

You got res? That's pretty sweet :D
Yea, I played some FFA with the guys there. I played from about 12:30 to 1:00... Not long, but I got in some gaming. So, I'll be talking my copy of brawl and SD card for some game time tomo. Hope to see ya there.

btw, how is res at sfu?

Bwmat

Smash Ace
man I wish sfu burnaby had a games room like surrey, I've been there once and it was pretty awesome.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
It's pretty cool. The rooms are small, but cozy, and I don't have to share it with anybody. =3 The dining hall very close to the towers (residence for first-years) but the food isn't great. There is a lot of variety though. Overall, it's pretty fun.

See you tomorrow at 3! Now I just have to see if I can fit my controller in my bag...

ikool

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for not showing up... I had found out that I needed to go to SFU Burnaby to grab a textbook... and that my next class was canceled, so I went home early... Anyways, I will be bringing my brawl stuff tomo at 11:30 to 12:30 and again at 1:30 to 3:30.

Hope you can make it :D

Top Bottom